Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I spend that time with my wife. Before kids, I used to spend like early evening with the wife and I'd game after she went to bed. Now we do family stuff until the kids are in bed then spend time together until bedtime, unless I gotta work. There's just very little time for sitting at the computer for hours if I want to be able to spend any time with her.

Kinda the same for me. Between 7-8:30 (or about's) is basically my game time during the week unless there is other stuff going on (like taking the kid to dance or something like that), after that me and the wife sit and watch shows together. Weekends are my primary time to do any serious gaming. One of the reasons I really don't play MMO's anymore, I just don't have the time investment for them anymore.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think I mentioned it but I game only twice a week. Usually not on weekends too. Just saying you can compromise

Oh definitely... but I also go to the gym almost every day, do my kart racing on the weekends, other sports tournaments, go to my kids basketball/tennis and math/science meets, etc.. it's just pretty hectic. If I cut out some other hobbies I would have time to game more, but then I think... hmm raiding in WoW... yea I'd rather do kart racing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh definitely... but I also go to the gym almost every day, do my kart racing on the weekends, other sports tournaments, go to my kids basketball/tennis and math/science meets, etc.. it's just pretty hectic. If I cut out some other hobbies I would have time to game more, but then I think... hmm raiding in WoW... yea I'd rather do kart racing.
Fair enough. I have the kid at the age where he likes watching TV and taking him out is a challenge haha. I don't think I'll be raiding when he's older

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Any one ever have a successful friendship with a relatively attractive woman? I've only ever had limited success being friendly with chicks I didn't want to fuck.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Any one ever have a successful friendship with a relatively attractive woman? I've only ever had limited success being friendly with chicks I didn't want to fuck.
I have, as long as I ended up sleeping with them.

• 1Solidarity

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I would think that only works if you've know them a long time, possibly before they were as hot as they are now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Yea, I'm friends with a certain Dallas ADA that is a smoking hot 5'11 Romanian... but she's married and I'm married. Nothing going on at all we have lunch and talk shop, kids/family etc she's a really nice lady. Totally different vibe than having lunch with a male co-worker.

• 1Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, as long as nobody is butthurt, do whatever works. I do most of my gaming on my couch, so at the very least she's hanging out with me on the couch reading, etc.

Same. I've gamed on a laptop on the couch for a while now. It eliminates the "I feel like we don't spend time together" argument, even though the only difference is you are sitting on the couch ignoring her while she watches TV shows you hate instead of sitting in the office.

If gaming time can be a minor positive instead of a source of bullshit arguments, yuge win. Yuge.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Nice, so all I need to do is stop finding her attractive or find a gf. Then we can be pals np.

:smuggly:

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Nice, so all I need to do is stop finding her attractive or find a gf. Then we can be pals np.

:smuggly:

Well, or exercise some self-control. You can want to fuck her all day long but just don't act on it.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Same. I've gamed on a laptop on the couch for a while now. It eliminates the "I feel like we don't spend time together" argument, even though the only difference is you are sitting on the couch ignoring her while she watches TV shows you hate instead of sitting in the office.

If gaming time can be a minor positive instead of a source of bullshit arguments, yuge win. Yuge.

I've considered buying a laptop just for this reason. Work + kid + dinner takes up 12 hours of your day, easily. I still want to play games, spend time with wife, fix shit around the house, maybe put an extra hour or two of work. Fuck, just not enough time. Gotta be more efficient.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I've considered buying a laptop just for this reason. Work + kid + dinner takes up 12 hours of your day, easily. I still want to play games, spend time with wife, fix shit around the house, maybe put an extra hour or two of work. Fuck, just not enough time. Gotta be more efficient.

It makes it worse when a lot of the games are nothing but straight up time sinks also. It's a lot easier to game when you can get in and start doing something right away.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It makes it worse when a lot of the games are nothing but straight up time sinks also. It's a lot easier to game when you can get in and start doing something right away.
Yep, I think I've even found it's affecting my taste in games. I have to read a bunch of shit? Nope. Tutorial screens? Nope. Get in, play, put it down when someone needs my attention. I keep going back to hearthstone despite multiple rage quits because it fits that "casual gaming" perfectly.

I tried Wasteland 2 recently and it seems like a great game, just felt exhausting trying to get into it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider

Word. D3 seasons work pretty well for this. You're immediately in the action after logging in, most things take <15mins to do and you can usually hit a stopping point in 5 mins or less w/o consequence & you can leave immediately if you must.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I work 9-5 and my BF generally works 3-11pm and has his days off usually on Mondays and Tuesdays. We don't really get much time together at all so outside of raid nights, which are mid week anyway, if he's home and wants to do something together I try to be good about dropping whatever the fuck I'm doing and hanging out with him. Seems to work so far for keeping some balance.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Retail shit at 7-11. He's been there 9 years and only recently was able to get moved off of the overnight shifts but he still doesn't get seniority over the new chicks who demand the day shifts because of all the welfare kids they popped out with their alcoholic boyfriends. Really hoping he finally gets a teaching job from this interview he's got coming up.

• 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I'm friends with a certain Dallas ADA that is a smoking hot 5'11 Romanian... but she's married and I'm married. Nothing going on at all we have lunch and talk shop, kids/family etc she's a really nice lady. Totally different vibe than having lunch with a male co-worker.

I'm in one of these relationships right now with my work wife.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Does the work wife give work blow jobs? If not, work divorce.