Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Many users changed their account names when we moved here, though.

Sure, but how many of them are dickholes trying to run from their posting rep yet repeatedly failing?

I can understand wanting a new username after growing out of the one you picked back in high school. *looks at my own* Or not.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
By picking up the phone and handing a delivery guy your money?

I totally agree Khane is autistic (yeah I want to be in that crew to ) but he might have a point here. I think if you pictured exactly what you want out of a relationship and what you are getting seems like there might be a big divide there. Don't get me wrong once you have kids sacrifices are made just don't kid yourself about the situation. I don't think there is anything that would have saved my marriage but if I knew now what I did back then. I just feel like things would have been radically different. Confronting issues is one of those things that would have changed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I love the way people agree with me on this forum.

"Well I normally hate him, and he's such a giant piece of shit, but he maybe kinda has a point, but I hate him"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
A lot of peoples "points" around here tend to be "You are stupid for being ok with that in your life since I would not be ok with that in my life."

My wife doesn't really cook. She will figure it out if I'm not around to cook and make sure the kids are fed. Works for me. I'd also be happy too if I had a pizza ordered for me after a long day because I'm not measuring the effort, only the intent.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think the points(at least when I make them) are more: You have low standards and should have more respect for yourself.

I can see how that might butthurt someone, but if all we did was pat each other on the back in this thread, it would be boring. It's not about "does she cook or clean?". It's about does she put in the effort that you're putting into the relationship? If the answer is yes, then you can probably safely ignore the criticisms about her lack of cleaning and cooking(or whatever it is that person is venting about here).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If we all divorced our wives or broke up with our girlfriends immediately when something went wrong the world would be a miserable place.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I keep the main floor of my house spotless during the week so I can guilt her into doing chores on the weekend while I play video games.

wew lad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
But who would listen to their 17 hour story of their day at work?
I can keep up with my wife now and anticipate her medical decisions just from listening to her stories.

There have been a few times she has told me about symptoms a baby was having and I diagnosed it right there before she gets to that point in her story. It frustrates her to no end.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
1jaisd.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
If we all divorced our wives or broke up with our girlfriends immediately when something went wrong the world would be a miserable place.
Immediately? We're talking years of the same complaints on this forum.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Immediately? We're talking years of the same complaints on this forum.
Yeah but we are also talking about a group that stayed under Draegan for years because there wasn't an easier alternative.

This is also the internet where a level 6 problem comes across as an 11 for sure.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah but we are also talking about a group that stayed under Draegan for years because there wasn't an easier alternative.

This is also the internet where a level 6 problem comes across as an 11 for sure.
I didn't have to come home to Draegan(thank god). As to your second point, I totally agree. Not only do we take it to 11, we only really hear the complaints and have a pretty skewed view of the relationship(s).

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, I have a bad day and come here and complain about the house. When I have a good day it doesn't occur to me to come here and tell you all how she's suddenly thirsty for anal. Ebbs and floes.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I have a bad day and come here and complain about the house. When I have a good day it doesn't occur to me to come here and tell you all how she's suddenly thirsty for anal. Ebbs and floes.

Don't worry they'd probably still criticize you for that and say if she's thirsty for anal she's probably a whore and cheating on you. No matter what you say, they're going to say break up with her it's not working.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

So she doesn't clean AND she's fucking you in the ass?

Rough life, brah.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users