Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Logically , no you're not in the wrong.

Illogically, clearly you were talking about her and/or have something to hide.

What lead up to it, anyway?

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
As Agamemnon tells Odysseus, “Let it be a warning even to you. Indulge a woman never, and never tell her all you know. Some things a man may tell, some he should cover up” (Book XI 199).

Ive been getting silent treatment all day because I told my wife she couldn't read the group text I have with my two good friends.

Am I in the wrong? I don't need her reading stuff the guys talk about

I had an e-woman who e-liked me join, and stalk me (months) in our group chat (thinking I didn't notice) and got ultra butt hurt after I posted naked pics of chicks I was fucking. I think the mid-coitus pic is the one that did me in for her to hate me forever.

*the answer is no you're not wrong

iannis

Musty Nester
No,you're not wrong. There's no good way to deflect the question that should have not been asked.

It is hurtful. But you aren't wrong.

The best you could do is instead of just point blank saying no is remind her some questions should not be asked. Still distancing and hurtful, but more pointed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No Tarrant I'm not talking about her. I hate people reading my private conversation. To me it's a breach of trust and privacy

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
No Tarrant I'm not talking about her. I hate people reading my private conversation. To me it's a breach of trust and privacy

Ask your friends if they'd be cool with her reading your texts? If they say yes, let it roll. If not, tell your wife they don't want her to, and delete them off the phone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, fuck that shit. Finger print lock your phone and let her fucking wonder. That's bullshit.
It is finger print locked but it was restarted or something so only need a pin to unlock.

It's just shit.

It's all those fucking articles telling women a man is cheating on her

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is why you make your pin pi * e to 10 places.

Seriously though, I understand your anger. I got nothing to hide from my wife, she's who I'm texting 99% of the time anyway. But if she didn't want me reading something or vice versa, I'd expect it respected and understood by both parties.

Besides, deceitful behavior is accompanied by more than just texting usually.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Turn this around. Ask her why she trusts you so little that she feels the need to read private conversations you're having with your friends. Everyone needs private space, even in, and perhaps especially in, a marriage. Trust has to be both directions. Either she trusts you to have conversations with your friends, or she doesn't. If she doesn't, there are larger issues, and she better get that sorted out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
She does this all of the time? I was wondering initially if she was experiencing some insecurities after having Noodlebaby two, but if that is a long-term pattern of behavior...then read lurkingdirk's post again.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I basically told her that I just didn't like people reading things I've said or were said to me. I'm the same way at work, I don't like it when people read my email threads over my shoulder.

She's still convinced I'm hiding something like another woman or talking shit behind her back. Oh well

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Eh? He's got all of that time at "work" to be out cheating. And raid leading? The pussy train is at his command!