Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I basically told her that I just didn't like people reading things I've said or were said to me. I'm the same way at work, I don't like it when people read my email threads over my shoulder.

She's still convinced I'm hiding something like another woman or talking shit behind her back. Oh well

Tell her if she's that convinced she can go start writing up the divorce papers. Don't just let her sit there and accuse you of that dumb shit, dude. That's ridiculous.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
She's obviously in the wrong, but (pre/post) pregnancy hormones are all kinds of insanity. Noodle did say she's done it for a while so *shrug*

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just wanted to drop in again and say things have been going well with my wife since she initially told me she wanted divorce. I think she respected the amount I fought. I found a new job and have been busting my ass to the point that she was telling me I'm working too hard and should think of doing something else. Things have been going well. Thanks for giving me some opinions when I needed to hear all the good and bad.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tell her if she's that convinced she can go start writing up the divorce papers. Don't just let her sit there and accuse you of that dumb shit, dude. That's ridiculous.
I got 2 kids and a house. I'm not gonna go tell her to divorce me because I upset her

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I got 2 kids and a house. I'm not gonna go tell her to divorce me because I upset her
Tell her that there are boundaries, and if the other two participants are male friends, then frankly its guy talk. How would she or her friends feel if you were to snoop around her private conversations.
As a token of peace, let her look at the past conversation, but going forward, she has to trust you.

"I got 2 kids and a house. I'm not gonna go tell her to divorce me because I upset her"

Don't tell her that. At worse tell her..." Look if you want to divorce me over this go ahead. Im 100% confident explain to my kids that the reason her mom destroy our home is because I didn't let read my private conversations with my friends."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The real issue is she doesn't care if I go through her phone , her words. Only I've never even wanted to go through her phone.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Old school.

"I want a divorce" is the new "please don't"

Last fight I got into with my wife my first response was, "just fucking leave me." I don't even remember what we fought about now, but for at least a week my wife treated me golden. She was however insistent that we not use the language of divorce in any further conversations.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The real issue is she doesn't care if I go through her phone , her words. Only I've never even wanted to go through her phone.

Well if this isn't normal behavior and you actually care about your wife you should just ask her why she's become so suspicious of you. It can't be just based on text messages so sincerely ask her why she feels you are no longer trustworthy. If she doesn't have a satisfactory answer to that question then the obvious solution is to tell her she can't handle being a bored, lonely housewife and she needs to get back to work.

If this is normal behavior then... why did you marry this woman?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Time to troll it up. Whenever your phone has a notification, run to the bathroom and lock yourself in there for a few min.

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well if this isn't normal behavior and you actually care about your wife you should just ask her why she's become so suspicious of you. It can't be just based on text messages so sincerely ask her why she feels you are no longer trustworthy. If she doesn't have a satisfactory answer to that question then the obvious solution is to tell her she can't handle being a bored, lonely housewife and she needs to get back to work.

If this is normal behavior then... why did you marry this woman?
It's normal as in every 6 months or so she tries to go on my phone. Wasn't like this before. I got no idea man

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Whenever you guys start talking about your bored wives I always think of True Lies

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, she was like this too and we were quite happy with low cost living. Which is still how I live as I am a pretty thrifty person and don't need much to be happy in general. That's never changed for me.

But when more money became available... it all became about money.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Guys I'm fucking dense. Literally retarded.

Two days ago her best friend told her that her fiance called off the wedding, one month before it was to occur. Her reason was he was homesick and his dad was terminally ill, but that didn't make sense to us and we figured he was probably unfaithful

And now it all makes sense.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Talking about someone else cheating makes her suspicious of you and that somehow makes sense to you?

Godspeed Noodlebro.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Talking about someone else cheating makes her suspicious of you and that somehow makes sense to you?

Godspeed Noodlebro.
I don't think she's suspicious of me cheating, as deathwing pointed out I simply don't have time for it. It makes sense to me why she would have some sudden insecurity.

Khane

Well every relationship is different and every person has different ideas about what is reasonable cause for certain behavior.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've been cheated on by two wives.

I've never once thought that current g/f would cheat on me nor have I had insecurities about it. Another persons faults aren't a reason to think less of someone else.