Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
First logical question would be "when?" Am I sneaking quickies at lunch time? Am i skipping work to hang in some motel?
Don't sell yourself short, man. Busy people cheat all the time.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My wife accused me like that before, few years back. Except I fucking work, come home, do shit, go to sleep, repeat. First logical question would be "when?" Am I sneaking quickies at lunch time? Am i skipping work to hang in some motel?

Maybe she read the saga of J51. He took his hoores to meetings with him.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
So, I use Facebook as therapy, to keep in contact with family/friends and for coordinating activities of organizations with which I am involved. I started out on it to be the aunt that monitored teenaged niece and nephew (s) behavior and would quietly remind them if something may be offensive to their grandparents.
Why am I bringing this up, you wonder. Well, because FB has the "on this day" crap that pops up in the "feed". Yesterday it thoughtfully reminded me that 2 years ago, G and I became friends on FB.
That sent me almost back to how I felt those first few months. It knocked the wind out of me and I cried for hours yesterday...any time I was alone with my thoughts.

I needed to be held. New is 45 minutes away and we often work opposite shifts. It completely fucking sucked to not have G holding me, to not have anyone to do it.
Sucked.
I walked/ran on the treadmill for an hour last night to clear my head. It helped.
New called me late...or early...12:34 am.
12:34 was a thing with me and G...weird, I know it was a coincidence...but I am taking it.
New told me that he has confided in me more than he has anyone, ever.
He does not tell me outright how much he likes me, but I see it by his actions and by sharing bits of himself...he is so private.
This is different from G, not the private stuff, G was pretty private. But I never had to guess...or pay so much attention. I think I like it...having to really pay attention.

Anyway...please return to your regularly scheduled programs.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My wife accused me like that before, few years back. Except I fucking work, come home, do shit, go to sleep, repeat. First logical question would be "when?" Am I sneaking quickies at lunch time? Am i skipping work to hang in some motel?

It think its either she is projecting (shes cheating and blaming you for the same) or its a simple comfort test.
1:40

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I threatened violence against my wife today for the very first time while in a very heated argument. I honestly don't think I'd ever do it, but yesterday I would have told you I never would threaten violence.

It upset her greatly, and she's told me that if I ever do it again she's going to take the kids and go, because she can't risk me being violent towards the kids.

We've both calmed down, and I feel like an asshole. I'm not sure if this is one of those things that pass, or if this just completely shifted our entire 7 year marriage. Fuck I'm an idiot.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah that was a pretty poor choice in your part. What was said and what were the circumstances?
Wife has anxiety problems. Only recently did she finally agree to go see a doctor, and more than likely put on meds. This hasn't happened yet, and I'm unsure of my tipping point, but in the last 6 months, I can't handle it when she gets frustrated and starts screaming and yelling. This morning she's packing to get ready to leave on a trip, and she drops a bag that goes all over the place. This sets her off, and she slams the stuff still in her hands down, and starts yelling and screaming. Then it turns towards me, as to why I'm not helping her get packed and ready. I thought was working from home, and checking work emails at the time while I occupied our 6 month old baby. Figured keeping the baby out her hair while she got ready was enough? Guess not.

So I get dressed real quick and carry the last of a few things out to the car with her, and she starts slamming car doors closed, and say that she needs to stop slamming doors. She slams the next even harder, and so I yell at her that if she slams another door I'm going to bash her fucking face in. She screams back at me that I don't threaten her. I yell back that I'll threaten her anytime I want as long as she keeps being unfair, and taking her shit out on me. We've made up, and I've apologized, and now she's gone, but I'm wallowing here at home, feeling like a scum bag.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
That sucks. For both of you, really. Sounds like you hit a breaking point with her flipping out over little things. Still, you can't tell your wife that.

If it starts getting brought up repeatedly, you should suggest a counselor. You don't want every argument to devolve into her holding a low moment over your head to excuse her bad behavior.

EDIT: removed the quote in case Crone decides to pull it down for personal reasons (not suggesting he needs to).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Crone if I were you I might talk to a counselor by yourself. Just talk through what happened and show your wife that you're proactive.