Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
in a wedding... the tux is all online and only $113 so i'm tickled. Menguin.com? Had never heard of it.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
You have to pay for your own tux to be in a wedding?

I paid for all the bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girl/ring bearer uniform fucking things when I got married.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been in a lot of weddings and besides my mother's second wedding I've always had to pay for my own

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I have always had to pay for my bridesmaid dresses...very few have been re usable, some downright hideous.
When G and I got married, I had my girls wear whatever nice dress they already owned. Really, if it wouldn't have been for his parents, I would have just done a courthouse wedding and gone for bbq after.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife just told the brides maids to wear a specific shade of baby blue, didn't care what specifically they wore though

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
WTF? That seems fairly BS, if they're dictating what you wear.

We had all the bridesmaids in black, and the groomsmen in white...Dictated so we paid.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've been in three weddings and paid for the tux every time.

And for one of them the bride was upset I didn't get them a gift. It's like...I rented the tux, bought a $600 flight, and stayed at the stupid fancy ass hotel you wanted us to stay and I paid for that. I think me having to pay over $1k to attend your wedding is more than enough of a wedding gift.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I remember getting invited to a wedding and they had some retarded expensive tux for the groomsmen and they didn't pay. I was pissed.

It's a good courtesy to pay especially if you're going to ask them to wear something. If you put the groomsmen in the position of having to say no to being a groomsman or pay something they don't like, they're probably going to pay and then resent you. So just pay for them, or don't dictate what they wear. Nobody is going to give a fuck what your groomsmen or bridesmaids were wearing.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I remember getting invited to a wedding and they had some retarded expensive tux for the groomsmen and they didn't pay. I was pissed.

It's a good courtesy to pay especially if you're going to ask them to wear something. If you put the groomsmen in the position of having to say no to being a groomsman or pay something they don't like, they're probably going to pay and then resent you. So just pay for them, or don't dictate what they wear. Nobody is going to give a fuck what your groomsmen or bridesmaids were wearing.

This.

If you give a generic "wear a baby blue dress!" thats one thing. They can go find a baby blue dress they'll wear a million times, and can pay for it their damn selves.

If you're like "This ugly fucking dress hurr? That you'll NEVER wear again? Yeah, that shit" Then you fucking pay for it.

But I guess we just gave a fuck. My in laws paid the dairy queen across the street from our chapel, and a couple babysitters to take care of the young children who couldn't sit through the ceremony, too. So nobody had to miss it.

(to be clear: My wife and I paid for a TON of our wedding stuff ourselves, but being young the in laws helped with some stuff, like my wife's dress and fronted the open bar; They offered to pay for it all but fuck letting my mother in law control anything I could afford to control myself. Fuck that cunt. Seriously, somebody some fuck her so she gets some decent dick and shuts the fuck up for once.)

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive been at several weddings and I have yet to hear the groom paying for groomsman tuxes. That shit is literally like $100 day rental if that. And is usually , not equally, offset by the groom giving groomsman a gift at the rehearsal dinner.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Ive been at several weddings and I have yet to hear the groom paying for groomsman tuxes. That shit is literally like $100 day rental if that. And is usually , not equally, offset by the groom giving groomsman a gift at the rehearsal dinner.

Eh.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
When G and I got married, I had my girls wear whatever nice dress they already owned. Really, if it wouldn't have been for his parents, I would have just done a courthouse wedding and gone for bbq after.

I got married in a courthouse on a Thursday, in jeans.

And we went to a steakhouse afterwards.

Fuck silly nonsense rituals.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got married in a courthouse on a Thursday, in jeans.

And we went to a steakhouse afterwards.

Fuck silly nonsense rituals.

This is what I wanted to do but my wife and my mother convinced me otherwise. I wish i had that money back I spent on that shit. even the wife admitted to it a few years later. Its a fucking joke.

My idea was courtroom marriage, dinner or BBQ after with close friends and family. Followed by long honeymoon. We would of had more fun, better honeymoon, and still saved $15K.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

I don't want whatever shitty gifts they give. I don't even remember what the gifts were in the weddings I've been a groomsman at.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I don't want whatever shitty gifts they give. I don't even remember what the gifts were in the weddings I've been a groomsman at.

I got a nice watch from one, and a sweet bowie knife from another. Def not worth as much as tux, but wahtever, nice gesture nonetheless. I gave out $50 grand mariner bottles since my buddies always liked that shit.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
My advice (when asked) is always "focus on the marriage, not on the wedding". Sometimes they listen.

• 1Like