Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If she's as crazy as you say, there is no question she's reading texts etc. Even though she's nuts, marriage is still, by far the most important relationship & friendship you can have and in my mind, if it's a good, healthy bond it supersedes any friendship. As it should, particularly when you involve children, etc. Anything even resembling a threat to that bond is often met with push back, and typically it's not worth ruining that marriage bond for a friendship, no matter how "special" it is. Disregard all of that if the marriage is shit and the man/woman are awful people.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I get it. You guys are afraid you might go all Louis C.K. if left alone with a woman. Yea, better to just avoid them at all costs then.
Or it just ensures there is never a question that anyone could ask. Shit like nosey neighbors, kids that take things out of context, or jealous bitches at Pilates.

You are acting like we are hitting an eject seat if any woman walks up to us. I just don’t take her to lunch all alone, or a movie. If there is a third person involved then sure.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would have sex with almost all my female friends based solely on their attractiveness. So I guess I would agree with the statement that dudes don't befriend uggos.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I have "uggo" female friends, but many of them are significant others/family members of male friends.

Not all tho.

I've had my fair share of women that befriend me because they are sexually or romantically attracted to me, tho, and have ended up in uncomfortable situations because of it. So I still try to follow the "never alone" rule with the ones that don't fall into the category from my first paragraph.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't have any female friends. I would bang the absolute shit out of all of my wife's friends

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Perhaps it should be females in which you're friendly. After my initial response, I realized I didn't have any female friends either, but a lot of females that I know decently well through my wife or work that I want to bang.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Perhaps it should be females in which you're friendly. After my initial response, I realized I didn't have any female friends either, but a lot of females that I know decently well through my wife or work that I want to bang.
Coworkers, wife's friends, random women at the gym. If I were a piece of shit I'd be trying to bang them all. The only female friends I've had in the past were lesbos.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Coworkers, wife's friends, random women at the gym. If I were a piece of shit I'd be trying to bang them all. The only female friends I've had in the past were lesbos.

You didn't try to bang the lebos too? Don't you enjoy a challenge?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Or it just ensures there is never a question that anyone could ask. Shit like nosey neighbors, kids that take things out of context, or jealous bitches at Pilates.

You are acting like we are hitting an eject seat if any woman walks up to us. I just don’t take her to lunch all alone, or a movie. If there is a third person involved then sure.

Yeah, this is a reasonable answer. Don't be a shitlord, Khane.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I am of the opinion that men and women simply cant be actual friends.

Only time I've had it work was when there was a racial divide that kept things completely non-sexual (Re: asian dudes that only date asian girls.) Otherwise, never really had any reason to kid myself on the other person's motivations.

• 1Worf

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Look zaara we can just be friends. It'll work out

Maybe. In all seriousness, I got detoured here instead of posting in another thread I've been fantasizing about beating people to death with baseball bats, you want to help me work that out?

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe. In all seriousness, I got detoured here instead of posting in another thread I've been fantasizing about beating people to death with baseball bats, you want to help me work that out?
Can't tell if threat or invitation to murder gang

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Only time I've had it work was when there was a racial divide that kept things completely non-sexual (Re: asian dudes that only date asian girls.) Otherwise, never really had any reason to kid myself on the other person's motivations.

I don't really see why there would be any need or purpose to "kidding yourself" nor is there anything wrong with a person having a sexual motivation to being your friend. I've never understood the downside to having someone interested in you, sounds like a first world problem to me. Oh that person will do things for me and pay attention to me, what a BOTHER!

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think there's an important distinction to be made: having friends you think are attractive and would bang if the circumstances were right, and only being their friend because you are hoping this will happen.

Do any of you men (both single guys and married guys) have close non gay platonic female friends?
I have always enjoyed the friendship of men and women both. Some wives get it and are cool with it as I usually want to be friends with them too and most are confident enough in themselves and their marriage to understand I am not a threat... but there is one who is batshit crazy and accused her husband of dating me and then proceeded to threaten him and me.
Um, what? 1. I am dating, Steady almost 10 months now, 9 of those in exclusivity. 2. I have a pretty strong track record of fidelity. 3. He is married and my friend...not my lover, not now, not interested. 4. The last time I saw him was at a group event over a month ago BUT we do talk or text often. 5. I have encouraged them to get counseling about 100 times, and gave him a list of some very good and objective ones...they finally are.. I told him their situation may get worse before it gets better because counseling can force people to face uncomfortable things...it apparently has...she is much angrier and blaming him and everyone else for her unhappiness...btw I know this because he screenshot the rant to me. 6. I am sad because I am cutting off contact with him and he could use a sane woman's perspective at this time plus hr has offered good male advice to me... but I think the less contact he has with me the better for both of us. I told him to call the counselor.
Truly, it is likely she will just shift her animosity onto the next unsuspecting victim, he has a lot of friends who are women..and several single ones.. but it's his bed and at least he knows now what her crazy looks like.

TLDR...in some cases men and women can't be besties... This may effectively end a long term friendship and it just sucks.

Sounds like she is driving a wedge between him and his friends, aka being a sociopath.

Gaslighting - Wikipedia

• 1Solidarity

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I don't really see why there would be any need or purpose to "kidding yourself" nor is there anything wrong with a person having a sexual motivation to being your friend. I've never understood the downside to having someone interested in you, sounds like a first world problem to me. Oh that person will do things for me and pay attention to me, what a BOTHER!

I enjoy what little interaction I have with the opposite sex just fine. 99.9% of the time, whatever sexual subtext that might be going on is, in fact, irrelevant. No, it doesn't matter or bother me that men are nice and friendly to me, and no, I do not assume every man that is nice and friendly to me wants to put his dick in my mouth. But in terms of friends? Actual friends, not friendly coworkers or acquaintances or gym mates? Yeah, it's going to fuck with the dynamic if you keep a person around and purposefully ignore the sexual interest/attention aspect of it. Not because it's an inconvenience to me, but it can and will cause resentment. Not in every man, but it does happen. You've been around at least long enough here to see how beta men can go from 'I'm a nice guy :)' to 'fuck all women and you especially, sperm-guzzling whore' at the first hint of rejection.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Not because it's an inconvenience to me, but it can and will cause resentment. Not in every man, but it does happen. You've been around at least long enough here to see how beta men can go from 'I'm a nice guy :)' to 'fuck all women and you especially, sperm-guzzling whore' at the first hint of rejection.

Fair enough, but I see that as their problem not mine. For me the worst ones are the paralegals, they are usually young. We have a 27 year old in my office right now that is clearly fawning over me. She invited me to lunch last week and when I told her I bought my lunch she went down and bought lunch, brought it back and asked if she could eat with me. Lol. I was like sure. Then she comes in and shuts the door to my office...

I just make sure to not do anything to encourage them and such, and if they get booty blasted when nothing happens, it's not my problem. I imagine the issue is different for women though where men are going to be much more aggressive, and physically intimidated.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah, this is a reasonable answer. Don't be a shitlord, Khane.

Yea, people talk and it's easier to just say fuck it than deal with possible misconceptions. But when "I don't spend time alone with other women" is preceded by "I like to tell my wife's friends to put on a bikini and take a bath with me"... well... then you just sound like a creep.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Wrote a novel, discarded novel. I will continue as I have, maintaining as able within the individual frameworks, true friendships and trying to respect all parties. I will be keeping my self respect at the top of the heap. To thine own self be true.