Marriage and the Power of Divorce

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I will literally fuck almost anything on this earth and I have my shit pretty well put together.

So this is a serious inquiry, and it's related to a conversation I recently had with friends. People seem to think that men will simply accept sex at any opportunity. This is the basic working premise of society. I take exception with this. I get enough sex from my wife. If a hot, 18 year old tries to sex me up I'm simply going to nope her. I have no desire to destroy my family because of sex, and I am very satisfied with what goes on in my bed.

Am I alone in this?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
But...have you?
It's a slow-burn. A lifelong mission.

So this is a serious inquiry, and it's related to a conversation I recently had with friends. People seem to think that men will simply accept sex at any opportunity. This is the basic working premise of society. I take exception with this. I get enough sex from my wife. If a hot, 18 year old tries to sex me up I'm simply going to nope her. I have no desire to destroy my family because of sex, and I am very satisfied with what goes on in my bed.

Am I alone in this?

Don't take my shitposts as gospel. While I certainly imagine fucking 90% of the women I look at every day, I don't cheat if I'm in a committed relationship. I have not cheated on my fiance in the 5+ years we've been together and have turned down several opportunities to do so(ok...maybe twice). Other than the fact that I love her, wouldn't want to hurt her and our sex is great, it's just too much work to cheat and have to constantly cover and lie. That kills any upside about the excitement of something new for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Am I alone in this?
No you are not alone. I will take sex from my wife almost anytime she initiates, but not from just some random. Next month will be 20 years since my first date with my wife and I think I have denied her less than 5 times in those 20 years. I love my family and want to keep it that way, that does not mean I don't fantasize about the about the 20 something chick that works at the weed store that flirts with me every time I go in there. I think why she flirts with me is that she is a single mom and is attracted to how into my wife/family I am, So banging her would ruin what she likes about me most and would destroy my family. Not interested in losing what I worked so hard to build for a moment of sexual satisfaction.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Am I alone in this?

Ask yourself the same question except this time pretend you aren't married.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We're talking about different things. I'm talking about the binary scale ingrained in all male brains. The simple yes-no scale. And most women out there are 1's.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Ask yourself the same question except this time pretend you aren't married.

That's a fair question, and one that I have, indeed, asked myself. I don't like the "as much sex as possible" culture at all. Even if I were single, I'm not going to jump into every pussy opportunity that comes my way. Forgive me if you find my ways outdated, but sex is bound to relationships for me. So, yeah. I'm not going to score as often as many single guys because I don't care for casual sex.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Am I alone in this?

you are not.

Khane

That's a fair question, and one that I have, indeed, asked myself. I don't like the "as much sex as possible" culture at all. Even if I were single, I'm not going to jump into every pussy opportunity that comes my way. Forgive me if you find my ways outdated, but sex is bound to relationships for me. So, yeah. I'm not going to score as often as many single guys because I don't care for casual sex.

Hrmm, I think you're inflating your idea of what most men want. Especially as we get older.

And what constitutes a relationship? 3 dates? 5 dates? 2 months? It's all arbitrary and I think people get way too caught up in that. If you wanna fuck, fuck. If you don't, don't. There's nothing wrong with living your life either way and the stigma surrounding casual sex needs to die. Especially where it concerns women.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hrmm, I think you're inflating your idea of what most men want. Especially as we get older.

And what constitutes a relationship? 3 dates? 5 dates? 2 months? It's all arbitrary and I think people get way too caught up in that. If you wanna fuck, fuck. If you don't, don't. There's nothing wrong with living your life either way and the stigma surrounding casual sex needs to die. Especially where it concerns women.

I don't think I'm inflating anything. I'm merely responding to what culture spits out, and what we're seeing backlash from in huge amounts right now. Like it or not, it is presented as a basic truth that all men will accept any sex that comes their way. I don't believe this, nor do I think we should function as though this were the norm.

As far as casual sex, I propose no stigma. For me (just for me, I'm not looking to make rules for anyone else), sex will be confined to a long-term, monogamous relationship. I can't say it will be X number of dates or months. I'll know when it's time when I see it. That's why I'm making the comments for me. Not for everyone else.

I do have opinions about casual sex for everyone, and I'm not a fan. However, let adults make adult decisions. Then they are welcome to deal with any fall-out.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I'm inflating anything. I'm merely responding to what culture spits out, and what we're seeing backlash from in huge amounts right now. Like it or not, it is presented as a basic truth that all men will accept any sex that comes their way. I don't believe this, nor do I think we should function as though this were the norm.

As far as casual sex, I propose no stigma. For me (just for me, I'm not looking to make rules for anyone else), sex will be confined to a long-term, monogamous relationship. I can't say it will be X number of dates or months. I'll know when it's time when I see it. That's why I'm making the comments for me. Not for everyone else.

I do have opinions about casual sex for everyone, and I'm not a fan. However, let adults make adult decisions. Then they are welcome to deal with any fall-out.

You're saying all of this from the perspective of a guy who gets what he needs though.

Remove your steady piece from the equation and you may find things changing fairly quickly once you come to the realization that it's your hand or nothing in your scenario.

In that case, the random encounter sure looks a lot more exciting.

Khane

You say this with an air of superiority. Why?

Can you explain to me why you believe casual sex is so problematic? You say you propose no stigma and then turn around and tell us you hold casual sex and the people who participate in it, in low regard.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You're saying all of this from the perspective of a guy who gets what he needs though.

Remove your steady piece from the equation and you may find things changing fairly quickly once you come to the realization that it's your hand or nothing in your scenario.

In that case, the random encounter sure looks a lot more exciting.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. And yeah, I have a "steady piece." Prior to being married, however, I didn't nail every thing that came along. I'm not offering criticism of anyone, nor am I saying my way is superior. This is how I live, and this is what I expect of myself. I would be a bloody wreck if casual sex was part of my life. I just don't want that.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You say this with an air of superiority. Why?

Can you explain to me why you believe casual sex is so problematic? You say you propose no stigma and then turn around and tell us you hold casual sex and the people who participate in it, in low regard.

No, I didn't say I hold people who engage in casual sex in low regard. I'm telling you it isn't for me. If that makes you feel badly, perhaps you should consider why. I don't say this with any superiority. I'm talking about the rules I've established for myself. I'm not imposing anything for others.

Since you asked, I think casual sex diminishes what sex could be for the deeper, longer relationships you could have. That is my opinion, and I hold myself alone to that.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Does eating a hamburger diminish your enjoyment of a bone in ribeye?

Did you marry the first woman you ever slept with? If not did your previous relationships and encounters diminish your life with your wife? Did you ever meet someone you felt you had a connection with and it just ended abruptly, much sooner than you thought? If that happened would it inhibit your ability to ever love again?

It doesn't make me feel badly and that's yet another condescending line. I quoted you talking about how you feel about people, people other than you, engaging in casual sex.

Here is the quote again

In that quote you say you are not a fan of casual sex in general, for anyone. Then you try to reel it in with "But hey let people live their lives" and then immediately suggest that there is always fall-out for engaging in such behavior. Whether it's your intention or not it's a little sanctimonious.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I guess I didn't realise that having an opinion would offend you. That's my opinion. It's not condescending. You taking it as such reveals more about you than it does about me. I'm not judging anyone, I was merely stating to what standard I hold myself.

Khane

Except you're not. You're stating what values you have for yourself, and then following it up with thinly veiled jabs. It's clearly not worth continuing this discussion.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay. I'm not attempting to jab at anyone. I guess having an opinion that isn't your opinion is making jabs. I will not apologize for having an opinion.

Khane

Jesus dirk you're on the "Southern Grandmother" tier of passive aggressiveness.

I can't think of anything more cunty and unbecoming of a man than passive aggressive shit talking.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
No, I didn't say I hold people who engage in casual sex in low regard. I'm telling you it isn't for me. If that makes you feel badly, perhaps you should consider why. I don't say this with any superiority. I'm talking about the rules I've established for myself. I'm not imposing anything for others.

Since you asked, I think casual sex diminishes what sex could be for the deeper, longer relationships you could have. That is my opinion, and I hold myself alone to that.

I think you're approaching it from the "consequences" angle, and that's one way to look at it and a good reason not to have 1 night stands or NSA sex.

On the other hand, I think about it and the life of taking a new girl home from the bar every couple of days/weekend/whatever just doesn't appeal to me. I find most people annoying. Much rather find a person who does not annoy me and repeatedly have sex with her.

So it seems to me (and correct me if I'm wrong) that you wouldn't mind having NSA sex, but you like your current relationship and you don't want the consequences. I'm saying I'm not sure I'd want NSA sex even if it were available to me with no consequences.