Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Do you consciously try this hard to make sweeping generalizations or it's just automatic at this point?

In retrospect I should have realized that question would have been bait for those guys.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We run it at least once every day. We also cook almost every day, so there's a lot to clean.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In retrospect I should have realized that question would have been bait for those guys.

I think you would be shocked at how progressive and equal my marriage is, we just don't pretend that we are somehow immune to basic biology and millions of years of inherited evolutionary behavior. I am guilty of plenty of male bullshit that my wife lets slide, because its not important and I can't stop myself from pulling a Larry David on certain things. For every time she bitches about something without wanting a solution, I obsess over directions or our internal house electronics. We have learned over time to tune out the bullshit and catch the important shit, but we didn't begin that way. It is possible to learn these things and condition yourself to tune them out, but it takes time.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We run it at least once every day. We also cook almost every day, so there's a lot to clean.

My wife likes to leave odd utensils and bowls from things she snacks on all over the fucking place and it drives me insane. So I started just running the dishwasher every morning and doing a general pickup and its been pretty cathartic for my OCD. I still have no fucking clue how she burns through a half dozen forks in a day and how spoons keep ending up in her car (I would think the noise of them rattling around might irritate her enough to bring them back in), but I have adapted to the situation. I got her back by adjusting the toilet seat so it wont stay up on its own, which annoys the shit out of her (LOL), but I am probably getting my balls busted when she figures out I did that eventually.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I got her back by adjusting the toilet seat so it wont stay up on its own

Why would you adjust the toilet seat so it won't stay up on it's own? Do you just enjoy holding the thing while you pee? How is that getting back at your wife?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah my house runs that shit at least once a day sometimes 2 times on the weekend if we skip a day. Having 2 teenage boys with all their cups, bowls, plates, shits infuriating at times, but such is life. Our tasks are split like this, she does laundry and bathrooms, and I do cooking and kitchen. Rest we both do, like vacuum and shit like that. We dont go crazy though, we keep it clean but not freak out OCD type shit. Then the house gets thoroughly cleaned when we have guests, lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's mostly just my wife's shit and whatever I cook with. I already know what you're thinking, what kind of Savage shits in a dishwasher

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why would you adjust the toilet seat so it won't stay up on it's own? Do you just enjoy holding the thing while you pee? How is that getting back at your wife?
Not sure if you have had a live in woman long enough to know this, but a lot of women insist on the lower sitting seat being down while the lid is up at all times so they can take a shit late at night in the dark. Its amazing how much the act of lifting a lid at 3am infuriates women. And I am a three point stance guy, so holding the lid up is a small price to pay for revenge.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Or they want the seat down so they don't go to sit at 3 am in the dark and fall into the fucking toilet. I have literally never heard anyone talk about having the lid (lid, not seat) up...

And it's not so they can take a shit... they have to sit to pee. We all have to sit to shit. Unless...

And you don't find it annoying/mildly gross to have the thing resting on your back when you're sitting down to do your business?

You're really blowin my mind here Phaz.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah and believe it or not it makes it worse

Oh, I believe it. I was married to a woman who if you won 30 million in the lotto her first reaction would be "Well, it's not like it was one of the giant 400+ million ones" She was the queen of negativity and nothing sucked the joy out of life more than being around her for too long. Lord help you if you pointed any of that out, even in the most subtle of ways. Everything from lashing out to lashing inward at herself....shit was ridiculous.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't think the couple's counselling is going to happen. She's just completely not into anything involving fixing this.

I am utterly depressed today.

Like someone else said, all you can do it take to the bank that YOU did your best. You're kids will see that too when they are older. I know it doesn't do much to help how you feel now though. I've been there man...stay strong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Nothing pisses me off more than my brain going into dumb woman mode. Just random shit will sometimes stress me the fuck out for no reason at all. Biggest thing lately was we adopted a second cat recently and that night I was freaking the fuck out about it to the point I was up all night throwing up. Literally no reason at all for me to get that worked up over something that trivial and I realize how completely irrational it is during it but I can’t seem to will myself out of it. I’m thankful my fiancé is understanding with it and I try my best to keep him from getting sucked into my bullshit. It’s pretty annoying though.