Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I know an actual attorney that lives in Highland Park who was attacked by his drunk wife with a carving knife. Even with that incident on record (she admitted to the cops that she came after him with a knife), testimony from his maid that his wife was frequently drunk during the day and that she had to go pick up the kids from school because his wife was passed out, and 75K in attorney fees, he STILL couldn't full custody. When he realized that at best he'd have them 50% of the time, he withdrew the divorce proceedings and reconciled with his wife simply because he said that he'd prefer to live in hell than risk his kids being alone with his drunk wife 50% of the time.

Flash forward a few years, her alcoholism got worse, and she agreed to check herself into a ridiculously expensive rehab clinic (which of course he paid for). She was there for a month and the doctors refused to give him any progress information, as despite him paying, he had "no right" to her treatment info unless she explicitly gave permission for it to be released to him (which she declined). He goes to pick her up a month later at the end of treatment, she says she needs some "time alone" and that she wants an apartment, he obliges, and a few weeks later he goes by and finds the place littered with empty vodka bottles and she's been shacking up with some dude he finds out she was banging in rehab.. lol..

So he starts up divorce proceedings again, thinking he has enough ammo this time around to get full custody. Nope. In fact, he had to pay a thousand bucks or so for some breathalyzer device to be installed in her car so she could come pick the kids up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know an actual attorney that lives in Highland Park who was attacked by his drunk wife with a carving knife. Even with that incident on record (she admitted to the cops that she came after him with a knife), testimony from his maid that his wife was frequently drunk during the day and that she had to go pick up the kids from school because his wife was passed out, and 75K in attorney fees, he STILL couldn't full custody. When he realized that at best he'd have them 50% of the time, he withdrew the divorce proceedings and reconciled with his wife simply because he said that he'd prefer to live in hell than risk his kids being alone with his drunk wife 50% of the time.

Flash forward a few years, her alcoholism got worse, and she agreed to check herself into a ridiculously expensive rehab clinic (which of course he paid for). She was there for a month and the doctors refused to give him any progress information, as despite him paying, he had "no right" to her treatment info unless she explicitly gave permission for it to be released to him (which she declined). He goes to pick her up a month later at the end of treatment, she says she needs some "time alone" and that she wants an apartment, he obliges, and a few weeks later he goes by and finds the place littered with empty vodka bottles and she's been shacking up with some dude he finds out she was banging in rehab.. lol..

So he starts up divorce proceedings again, thinking he has enough ammo this time around to get full custody. Nope. In fact, he had to pay a thousand bucks or so for some breathalyzer device to be installed in her car so she could come pick the kids up.

It will be another generation or two before the mindset that the kids are always better off with the mother is changed unfortunately.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
D1Zmy3Q.jpg

She blocked me on facebook right after that and I assume my number as well. Some people have no since of humor.

• 1Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Hi fellas.
Popping in before I plant flowers.
Caught up on some funny, some snarky (which I sickly enjoy sometime) and some actual good advice.

Still seeing Steady. I like him. He talks sideways to me about how he feels about me; I call him on it, but in a playful and supportive loving fashion; he tells me he needs to keep taking baby steps - I like that - it's honest and him being up front with me and no fucking other women are the only caveats I have. He can do whatever the fuck he wants the rest of the time. This week he told me what he said to his neighbor about me (see - sideways - indirectly to me - he tells the neighbor lady how much I mean to him but he doesn't say it directly to me. Sweet thing; it may actually mean more to me that he speaks OF me like that. ) The most challenging part is the physical distance between us and our schedules. We still only get to see one another like once a week; but he calls me every day so there's that. Plus Mr. Purple the rechargeable is an OK sub until date night.

OK - heading out to plant and then fire my new pistol. It's a good day in Mrs. G land.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I wouldn't leave you for another. I am not a fickle lady. Perverted, yes. Fickle, no.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hi fellas.
Popping in before I plant flowers.
Caught up on some funny, some snarky (which I sickly enjoy sometime) and some actual good advice.

Still seeing Steady. I like him. He talks sideways to me about how he feels about me; I call him on it, but in a playful and supportive loving fashion; he tells me he needs to keep taking baby steps - I like that - it's honest and him being up front with me and no fucking other women are the only caveats I have. He can do whatever the fuck he wants the rest of the time. This week he told me what he said to his neighbor about me (see - sideways - indirectly to me - he tells the neighbor lady how much I mean to him but he doesn't say it directly to me. Sweet thing; it may actually mean more to me that he speaks OF me like that. ) The most challenging part is the physical distance between us and our schedules. We still only get to see one another like once a week; but he calls me every day so there's that. Plus Mr. Purple the rechargeable is an OK sub until date night.

OK - heading out to plant and then fire my new pistol. It's a good day in Mrs. G land.

Glad things continue to go well.
What pistol did you get?

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Looks nice. Might have to get my wife one. Shes got a 38 but never shoots it.

Throw up some pics in the gun thread when you take it for a spin.
Will do! I preferred the 9 mm to the 380 across the board no matter which maker/manufacturer. I liked pistols better than revolvers too. Personal preferences. I like a full size 9 mm too but I wanted one for carry so I decided upon the Sig. Next up a rifle. I am sure it will take me a year to decide on that too.
I am deliberate in decision making for certain things; and spontaneous or quick thinking in others. Vehicles, electronics, which fabulous shoes or lingerie to wear, and well, now firearms - deliberate... What cocktail to have, if I need to do CPR, what color to paint a room, which route is best to take, which lure I should use, what to have for supper, all pretty quickly decided.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
So, update on that girl from work. I hadnt talked to her again outside of work since I asked if she wanted to bang 2-3 weeks ago. Flash forward to Wednesday and she comes into my office and drops this note off on my desk;

yBMwO8r.jpg

The fucking balls on her. I cant even fathom the thought process that goes on in one's head to do something like this and say something like that.

I sent her a message on fb, saying lets do something next weekend. No response to it.

This woman is batshit fucking crazy.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
D1Zmy3Q.jpg

She blocked me on facebook right after that and I assume my number as well. Some people have no since of humor.

What the fuck does that mean. Top result in google when i search for jtrh-nbt is an article on the warning signs of domestic abuse. I don't think I blame her for blocking you. I hope she called the cops too.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
What the fuck does that mean. Top result in google when i search for jtrh-nbt is an article on the warning signs of domestic abuse. I don't think I blame her for blocking you. I hope she called the cops too.

That was me spiking the conversation. Red flags where piling up with her.

• 2Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, update on that girl from work. I hadnt talked to her again outside of work since I asked if she wanted to bang 2-3 weeks ago. Flash forward to Wednesday and she comes into my office and drops this note off on my desk;

yBMwO8r.jpg

The fucking balls on her. I cant even fathom the thought process that goes on in one's head to do something like this and say something like that.

I sent her a message on fb, saying lets do something next weekend. No response to it.

This woman is batshit fucking crazy.

Yeah I love me some crazy. I'd go for it. Wouldn't be the first time.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Big Phoenix Big Phoenix on one hand you are being sexually harrased at work; on the other hand your changes of getting laid are close to 1 at this point.

Save this note and when things turn sour, you can use it for work leverage.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Met this chick on Tinder, we had great chemistry. Was going to meet her this Saturday for a Dirby party for our 7th date, she said we had to be there by 1. She said I should come over abd we'd leave together, she didn't tell me what time to come over. We talked the night before, morning of I was getting ready and I sent her a message said I was headed over. Takes about 40 minutes to get to her place. I got there and she wasn't awake, I called her and she comes down stairs and she's pissed, because I didn't wait until she responded. Brings me to her room, goes to shower, hides her body from me, even though she always let me see her naked in the past. Sends me out while she does whatever. Calls me back to talk, wants me to apologize and accept that I'm wrong, I try to explain to her my thinking and that there's no way we were getting to this thing at 1. Etc...I don't want to admit I'm wrong I feel like she'll lose respect for me abd think I was being clingy and or trying to spy on her. She says I came "unannounced", even though I texted her beforehand and the drive takes 45 minutes, and she never told me when to come over. We both agreed that she told me she was going to be busy, but she had actually overslept it wasn't like she was on schedule... She goes "I don't think this will work out" , with tears in my eyes say that I agree and I walk out.

Did I fuck up and invade her privacy?

Should I have just apoplogized and made to feel like I was being the clingy weirdo and she'd probably have lost respect for me?

Do I wait and see if she texts me, do I text her.

If she really likes me, won't she text me?

My heart hurts, but my brain says to wait.

Really liked her, I don't have a problem being wrong, I just don't want to be painted in a corner that isn't me.

I'm an attractive guy, I get a lot of attention, I'm a smart dresser, I'm well equipped, its not like I can't move on. I just don't know if I should.

Last edited: