Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You'd most likely still get wrecked in family court after she manufactures some brusing on herself. The system is completely fucked for guys.

Oh ok thanks I didn't consider this, you're right. I've never been to court in my life and I was just completely making up what might happen. Thanks brah.

• 1Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think he meant to say the system is completely fucked. For everyone except the divorce lawyers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Cad's not wrong, my issue was the viability of the average dude in a situation similar to lends being able to document getting hit/attacked well enough to not get buttfucked by the law if he physically stops the violence against him. We all know that entrapping an abusing female spouse is not the norm and the male consistently takes the long dick of the law regardless of fault when it comes to a physical domestic situation.

Khane

Oh okay, how many cases have you tried? Care to tell me the essential differences in the rules of evidence in a family court vs. a district court?

You can say whatever the fuck you want in family court with absolutely no burden of proof. It's a goddamn free for all. It's barely "law" at all.

Khane

Care to elaborate? I'm sure it differs by state but there are no repercussions for slander, libel or deliberate false allegations in family court. I know this is true. The outcome of family court cases depends entirely on the judge's discretion. Got a traditional judge who thinks women are born caregivers and men are just providers? Looks like you won't be getting custody. Unless of course your lawyer was a big contributor to the judge's campaign.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
She can't take you to court if they never find her body.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Care to elaborate? I'm sure it differs by state but there are no repercussions for slander, libel or deliberate false allegations in family court. I know this is true. The outcome of family court cases depends entirely on the judge's discretion. Got a traditional judge who thinks women are born caregivers and men are just providers? Looks like you won't be getting custody. Unless of course your lawyer was a big contributor to the judge's campaign.

Perjury in family court is no different than any other perjury.

You cannot sue for defamation (either libel or slander) for testimony in court, that type of communication is privileged even if it is knowingly false. However, you could still get them prosecuted for perjury.

Most cases depend entirely on the judge's discretion. First thing I ask anybody telling me about a case. Who is the judge? Thats no different than any court.

In other words, you don't know anything about any court system and you think the issues in family court are unique to family court. And you are....

Wrong.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I can't quite work out what she means by sexualising for each phase of the cycle - does she rub one out to varying degrees of intensity depending on the phase?

I assumed it had something to do with orgasms being the best cure for cramps. Either that or she's letting you know that when the front porch is being painted, the back door will be unlocked.

• 1Worf

Khane

Perjury in family court is no different than any other perjury.

You cannot sue for defamation (either libel or slander) for testimony in court, that type of communication is privileged even if it is knowingly false. However, you could still get them prosecuted for perjury.

Most cases depend entirely on the judge's discretion. First thing I ask anybody telling me about a case. Who is the judge? Thats no different than any court.

In other words, you don't know anything about any court system and you think the issues in family court are unique to family court. And you are....

Wrong.

That's a very lawyer like response. I suppose I should have specified criminal proceedings vs divorce proceedings. I know nothing about things like estate or contract law so they may be just as nebulous and open to interpretation as family law. The problem I have with family law is that the judge is also the jury and has far more discretion than in a criminal case. Essentially a "single point of failure" which lends itself more to corruption, greed and personal bias than the criminal justice system does. Not that criminal cases don't have their fair share of bias but you at least have a jury full of people from (hopefully) all walks of life deciding your fate.

I have a friend who is going through a very, very nasty divorce right now and the shit his ex is saying and doing is outrageous. She's also sleeping with her lawyer which I think is frowned upon in other areas of the law.

• 2Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I know nothing

Proven time and time again

The problem I have with family law is that the judge is also the jury and has far more discretion than in a criminal case.

How so? You realize that a criminal court judge makes all the same evidentiary and rulings of law in a criminal case as they do in a civil case? And the judge in a criminal case can take the case away from the jury for a variety of reasons. A rogue judge in a criminal case is just as harmful as in any other case.

Essentially a "single point of failure" which lends itself more to corruption, greed and personal bias than the criminal justice system does. Not that criminal cases don't have their fair share of bias but you at least have a jury full of people from (hopefully) all walks of life deciding your fate.

You also realize that the US is one of the only jurisdictions in the world that still allows jury trials in civil cases right? And that several states in the US do still have jury trials in family law cases (Texas, for example).

I bet you didn't know that. Since, as we've established, you know nothing.

She's also sleeping with her lawyer which I think is frowned upon in other areas of the law.

You'd be surprised.

Texas Lawyers Reject Ban on Sex with Clients

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Tone down the instigation/trolling in the grown up forum.
Haha. It's comical how much I bother you. So you disagree that family law is more nebulous and open to interpretation than criminal law? That it is rife with personal bias far more than criminal proceedings are? That the fact that divorces are more about money and winning than justice makes them an entirely different animal? Carry on.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
"I have a friend who is going through a very, very nasty divorce right now and the shit his ex is saying and doing is outrageous. She's also sleeping with her lawyer which I think is frowned upon in other areas of the law. "

This baffled me. She complains about the ex, while taking dick from the lawyer.

I sure believe everything she says.

Khane

Maybe the wording was confusing but my friend is the husband, not the wife. It's a weird situation because the soon to be ex wife is the twin sister of one of our other very good friends and she is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever met in my life.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Maybe the wording was confusing but my friend is the husband, not the wife. It's a weird situation because the soon to be ex wife is the twin sister of one of our other very good friends and she is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever met in my life.
sorry I thought your friend was the girl. so somehow.. my point still stands..