Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Brad2770

Unless she’s weird, the response she gave you is most certainly in reference to your text.

I’m not sure if I was clear.

Met her 4 times total thus far. Each time I exchanged pleasantries and asked her about her day. After 2nd meeting, I based my interest in her on looks and that she is a hard worker. 3rd time meeting, I paid for a young man’s lunch. His card kept getting declined. Right after that, I asked how her day was and she said it was better now.

Today, I stopped in, ordered lunch. She tried to give me free stuff and I declined it. She referenced me buying that guy’s food. I told her I would prefer buying all of my lunch, but thanked her for the gesture. Her coworker asked what I was talking about and she told her. Before she walked away, I gave her the note and told her I understood she was busy and didn’t want to put her on the spot at work. I got my food and left. Didn’t notice if she read the note while I was there.

I remember now why I haven’t posted shit like this in a long time. It just seems retarded now that I reread it.

Edit** This is more about “Do women respond when you leave your number?” I never really did it, so I don’t know. I know how I played the game when I would get a number. Wait 2 or 3 days. If a woman plans to respond, do they do that? Do they just text?

I have accepted she may not text, but I’m still curious and partially have my hopes up the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Zero experience with dating but as a general observation I think most people take the easy route when it comes to interactions and not responding is easier than sending you a text denying you. So not sure I would push it, if she responds she is likely to be interested, if she doesn't then move on to the next large breasted fish in the sea.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

I agree. Just never had a woman give me her number, so no experience in whether I would or would not call her back, nor would I leave my number. Lots of dating videos in the Girls Who Broke Your Heart thread back in the day that pretty much said always get her number.

I eat lunch there at least once a week, so I know I’ll see her again. I may bring it up once more, but I’ll drop it after that.

EDIT- She just sent a text and said she would love to have coffee and would get back to me soon on a time and day.

Last edited:
  • 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Nice...

If in a week she doesn't give you a date, then you pick the date and ask her.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I agree. Just never had a woman give me her number, so no experience in whether I would or would not call her back, nor would I leave my number. Lots of dating videos in the Girls Who Broke Your Heart thread back in the day that pretty much said always get her number.

I eat lunch there at least once a week, so I know I’ll see her again. I may bring it up once more, but I’ll drop it after that.

EDIT- She just sent a text and said she would love to have coffee and would get back to me soon on a time and day.

Any updates compadre? :)

Brad2770

Yeah.

So she text me Tuesday morning. I responded but we didn’t start talking again until that evening. Then she went dark around 5pm. By then I had found out she is 25, doesn’t care that I’m 41. Has a 4 year old daughter and her parents have helped her a lot. She got pregnant at 20 and her parents had her quit her first and only job and she was pretty much a “stay at home wife” the last few years.

Weds morning she sent a text around 8:30 and apologized for not responding and explained that her parents are super protective and strict and since she just got this job a month ago, she doesn’t have her own phone and only has that phone for safety when she is out and about.

Thursday we talked all day and she said that she had noticed me and thought I was attractive even though I’m chubby, but knew she really liked me when I payed for that kid’s lunch. The next time I came in, she was excited I gave her the note and said it was special because I didn’t just say “text me, cutie” which she says she usually throws away. I did eat there this evening and she cane to my table and we chatted for 10 minutes or a bit more. The girl very much seems interested. Touched my shoulder a couple of times. Touched her hair and face. Blushed a lot. Typical signs.

At the end of the day, she said she would text me tomorrow (last Friday) and I haven’t heard from her since. I just happen to go by there today, so I have held off on my lunch until I go by. I suppose I’ll see if she is there and how she responds.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
She likes you for paying for that kid's lunch because she needs someone to pay for her and her kid's lunches. She's 16 years younger than you and based on your story kind of a loser. Why even bother?

Also, lol at "You're attractive even though your chubby". It's always a good sign when a woman is passive aggressive with her compliments right out of the gate.

• 3Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
"I like your little dick. It's cute!"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Fair enough. Still going to stop by just to see. I have to at least give her benefit of doubt.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Weds morning she sent a text around 8:30 and apologized for not responding and explained that her parents are super protective and strict and since she just got this job a month ago, she doesn’t have her own phone and only has that phone for safety when she is out and about.

Seems like a big ol red flag and a terrible cover right there. You're either dealing with super weird parents who take their adult daughters phone away when she is home, or the more likely scenario, she has a boyfriend/husband she needs to hide those texts from when she's home.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

Yeah, I thought that too. Thing is, it’s not like this chick is a hottie like some of the ones from my past. I’ll see what she says when I stop for lunch in about an hour.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Brad, stop. There's enough red flags there. Just walk away

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Don't be this guy. Seriously, she got knocked up young by a dude who apparently peaced out, that phone thing is just straight up fucking weird or it's just bullshit. And maybe I'm just old-fashioned or something, but that age range seems pretty big. I can't imagine you two have much to relate to.

l-2751-dont-fall-for-her-bro-theres-red-flags-everywhere.jpg

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The age gap would be hard for me to get over in a real relationship. If it was just casual sex, 100% go for it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

The thing is, I have tried dating women close to my age and they have 2+ kids almost 18 or over 18 and they are crazy as fuck. I haven’t dated in near 2 years (next month) and was testing the waters with someone I was friendly with and the feeling felt mutual.

I like video games and she did too. I was willing to see how things went based on that. It was definitely something we could have done together.

I took the advice and I’m blowing it off.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like