Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You need a litmus test. Float this suggestion by her: maybe you should try opening an Etsy page. Her response will tell you much she actually wants to work.

Also, why did you change your avatar? I forgot this was the guy that got caught jerking off in his own living room.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, you can't let her get away with that either. The never admitting fault. That also has to slowly change. That's something else you can talk about in the calm after a major fight.

Women have to do it less often than men, it's true. And the obvious jokes about arguing with women. And the obvious truth that most of the time it probably IS the man who is the one being boneheaded.

But women DO have to do it sometimes.

It's not a good place to be, even from the inside, thinking that you can never be wrong. God damn, especially not if she's a NP. She'll fucking kill somebody.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What I got from that is your wife sounds like mine but also it sounds like you've got a temper, either from dealing with this for too long or just naturally.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
You need a litmus test. Float this suggestion by her: maybe you should try opening an Etsy page. Her response will tell you much she actually wants to work.

Also, why did you change your avatar? I forgot this was the guy that got caught jerking off in his own living room.
On discord LLR made this just for me.
I had to oblige, because I sound like that on discord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also I'd probably be kind of pissed if my SO played EQ every night. I'd wonder if they were depressed

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Zero medical jobs are done on LinkedIn according to my wife that is a nurse practitioner.

They use doximity but most don’t use anything. You apply at the hospital websites and that’s about it OR you go to a recruiting agency.

You were wrong about that aspect but she doesn’t know what she is doing either.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought LinkedIn was for people to feel all high and mighty about. I've never used it to find a job

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You would get a lot more job leads if you did. As a software developer you're a fool if you don't have a LinkedIn profile. Though typically you don't find jobs via LinkedIn. Recruiters use it to find you so they can submit you for jobs.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have one,.just any time recruiters hit me up Ive never gotten a job out of it. I'm not starving for work thoigh

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
worse thanksgiving ever. I should have waited. Barely slept last night. I’ll look into doximity and I’ll suggest it to her. Thanks a_skeleton_03 and others.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I am the main breadwinner I work from 8:30 to 6 pm in place 45-60 minutes away. Which means wake up at 6:45, walk the dog, get ready,
leave at 7:30 AM and come back home at 7 PM. If I go to the gym then im home at 8:30.
After I get home I walk the dog again, interact with the baby, put the baby to sleep, eat, shower, clean whatever is dirty on the kitchen(often coffee mugs from her and baby food preparation leftovers and other assorted things) and take out the trash, everyday.
I play EQ I do it around 9sh at night when all the chores are done, 1 to 1.5 hours, then its bed time by 11 PM. rinse and repeat the next day.

You are gone 12 hours a day to work, go to the gym, come home and ignore your wife and play EQ and go to bed and wonder why your wife is acting out a bit?

tenor (2).gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With Cad on this one. If you ignore her until its time to drop a load in her, then she is going to get depressed. Women crave attention because it makes them feel secure in a relationship, especially as they get older. Treating your wife like a bangmaid is how you ended up at this point, well that and your temper.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BoozeCube BoozeCube The advice here has been good, just don't get sucked into a relationship over pussy or knock her up. The hardest part for me would be what the hell do you even talk about with a 20something these days? That's why this is likely a temporary situation and you need to keep a level head about it.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Been a nurse for 10 years and a nurse practitioner for 5. Ive gotten all my jobs applying directly through the hospital's website. I never use Linkdin.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
BoozeCube BoozeCube The advice here has been good, just don't get sucked into a relationship over pussy or knock her up. The hardest part for me would be what the hell do you even talk about with a 20something these days? That's why this is likely a temporary situation and you need to keep a level head about it.

Ya this.....bang the shit out of her. She doesn’t move in, get pregnant or have you pay her debt.

iannis

Musty Nester
It might be ok to pay her debt. Depends on how much it is.

That ones tricky. There's a few ways that could be not bad, and actually sort of nice. There are a lot more where it's bad and not at all nice. A lot more.

Probably best to avoid... But I maintain the belief that it is possible to just be -nice- to a person. Tricky though.

I'm not saying you should cosign a car loan or anything, let's not be retarded. Kicking her a few hundred for the kid doesn't immediately equate into you = sucker is mostly all I mean.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It might be ok to pay her debt. Depends on how much it is.

That ones tricky. There's a few ways that could be not bad, and actually sort of nice. There are a lot more where it's bad and not at all nice. A lot more.

Probably best to avoid... But I maintain the belief that it is possible to just be -nice- to a person. Tricky though.

I wouldn't call paying someone else's debt being nice. I'd call that being a sucker.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I wouldn't call paying someone else's debt being nice. I'd call that being a sucker.
Yeah, I dunno. I've never known a woman that wanted me to and I'd be wary of one that did.

But especially with Christmas coming up. What's the difference between getting her some garbage she might or might not want versus helping with debt?

Debt relief is the gift that keeps on giving. It is objectively the better gift.

That's how you have to approach it, if at all.