Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We finally just realized it wasn’t going to happen and went to sleep.

We had been playing strip Settlers of Catan while drinking heavily. There was hours of Rock Band where the top scoring person at the end of a song had to take a shot. The next morning we were going to a funeral for a very important person in my life. The day after I was flying back to Iraq.

There were a lot of moving parts preventing that finish.
You had my at Rock Band! Fuck yea!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
So this didn't happen to me, but I found it kind of funny. One of my friends has two kids and a pregnant wife. So, on Friday he got into a huge fight with his wife. The reason? She had a dream where he had 3 side girls. To which he said, "Hell yeah! Were they cute?" This was apparently not the appropriate answer and she got super pissed about it. Nevermind the dude has no time to do this and obviously wasn't actually cheating or anything. His wife was home schooled super religious and he is a jokester type so he told her shit like, "come on, didn't you learn never divorce, one husband for one life and so on?" So it apparently got really heated.

He ended up staying on my couch Friday and we drank beers until she stopped being a bitch about it on Saturday morning.

That's why you don't joke with a pregnant woman, they are crazy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My son always asks us what wiggle we like the best and I always say Emma. Then he says "no mommy likes Emma you can't like her" and I say I like her butt thoigh. Of course this gets repeated... No fights yet

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It gets better. He's a borderline coonass software developer from well below I-10 in Louisiana and loves typical Louisiana shit like crawfish, gumbo and all that crap. She hates seafood, all seafood, and spicy stuff.

Tell him to stop for frozen yogurt on his way home but to not get any for her.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Regional slang. Like redneck. But specifc.

We don't say coonass round these parts. You gotta go more southwest for that!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Several years ago (just before political correctness went mainstream), my 50-60 year old family friend got a formal HR complaint at her work because she told a black coworker lady she "hadn't seen her in a coon's age." Where I grew up, that was redneck for "haven't seen you in a while." Apparently the coworker wasn't a redneck from Missouri :emoji_shrug:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So this didn't happen to me, but I found it kind of funny. One of my friends has two kids and a pregnant wife. So, on Friday he got into a huge fight with his wife. The reason? She had a dream where he had 3 side girls. To which he said, "Hell yeah! Were they cute?" This was apparently not the appropriate answer and she got super pissed about it. Nevermind the dude has no time to do this and obviously wasn't actually cheating or anything. His wife was home schooled super religious and he is a jokester type so he told her shit like, "come on, didn't you learn never divorce, one husband for one life and so on?" So it apparently got really heated.

He ended up staying on my couch Friday and we drank beers until she stopped being a bitch about it on Saturday morning.
I wouldnt let him go back unless he was going back with some divorce papers.

iannis

Musty Nester
I knew of the term coonass but I've never heard anyone say it legitimately.

Well then I guess you've never known a coonass!

I think i've heard it like... once IRL. lol.

Anything coon related is strictly fighting words around here. Unless a guy calls himself a coon, then you're also allowed to sparingly. Or so i've been told.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Filed for divorce and emergency custody of kids.

Judge hassled every single person who brought her similar papers except me. (family court)

She signed it without hesitation and without a single question.

prasbe, my pits still sweaty

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like french "Connasse", slang from Louisiana ? In French it's something like "dumbass" (female, "Connard" for male...)

It means swamp dwelling redneck in Louisiana. Dudes who hunt gators and frogs and shit. It's really derogatory and they refer to themselves this way a lot.

• 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Filed for divorce and emergency custody of kids.

Judge hassled every single person who brought her similar papers except me. (family court)

She signed it without hesitation and without a single question.

prasbe, my pits still sweaty
trex trex we eagerly await your take on these events

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like french "Connasse", slang from Louisiana ? In French it's something like "dumbass" (female, "Connard" for male...)

That's where it came from. The story I heard was some coonass soldiers were sitting in a cafe in france speaking their version of french, and some frenchman used that word to describe them. They liked it and adopted it. Conasse was supposed to be a reference to a french whorehouse or something, so not too far off from what you said. Assuming whores are dumb all over the globe.