Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Man I need to start talking to Astronauts about Space and give them advice on how to do Space better, even though I have never been in Space and most likely will never go into Space.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've been to college. I've lived in this world and know how debt works. In fact I've paid off all my student loans and even my mortgage and at 36 years old I'm debt free.

Before you got married and had kids were you just oblivious to your surroundings? Did you ignore every experience you had in life and wander from point A to point B without a care in the world? Were you always as dumb as you sound right now?

Or did you pay attention and glean information from your experiences? Did you think about what you would do if you were a parent before you became one or did you just wing it? Shut the fuck up with pretending you're a goddamn astronaut just because you have kids. Dipshit.

• 3Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm a lot smarter than most of the people who post in this thread. And I'm damn sure I'd be a better father than a lot

Sorry, man. Your credibility is thin here. I'm sure you're sick of hearing it, but you can't talk about the kind of parent you'd be until you have kids. Yup, have all the ideals you'd like. Then have kids.

I'm not even saying you're wrong on any of this talk about debt and finances. But "I'd be a better father" when you don't have kids will not endear you to anyone. Sorry if that's hard for you to hear.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

Sorry, man. Your credibility is thin here. I'm sure you're sick of hearing it, but you can't talk about the kind of parent you'd be until you have kids. Yup, have all the ideals you'd like. Then have kids.

I'm not even saying you're wrong on any of this talk about debt and finances. But "I'd be a better father" when you don't have kids will not endear you to anyone. Sorry if that's hard for you to hear.

I edited that out because as soon as I posted it I realized how foolish it was. You're quick to the draw, and you're right about that.

I get agitated though... by people who think they're Neil Armstrong just because they got their wife pregnant.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Um, I was never pretending to be an Astronaut, I think the last few pages really show that you need to work on your reading comprehension. You continually miss the point and try to spin things to suit your own narrative. That behavior is not surprising given your circumstance of living alone and everything in your life revolves around you. You have no clue
of what it like to be an actual parent or what it takes to be in a successful relationship. Well maybe you do know what it takes to be in a successful relationship but you are to selfish to do what it takes.

Good for you that you paid off your mortgage that is great that the state will inherit your property since you will die alone. I look at you and laugh, I might even overlook some valid points you make because every post you make just screams of insecurity and living a miserable life and those factors just override everything else you say.

I am not saying that you have to be married/in a relationship or have kids to be happy in life, but your envy is just so obvious. You wish you had a taste of what I and many others here have. You just come off as a miserable sad human being. Perhaps you could start a support group with Big P, I am sure the two of you could save the world with all your self righteous wisdom.

EDIT: For the record I paid for my own College and graduated debt free. Then I helped my wife payoff her student loans. My kids will get some help from us (some as in minimal) even though we will be able to pay for it all. I also paid for my own Wedding, an expense I am sure you will avoid.

Khane

Um, I was never pretending to be an Astronaut, I think the last few pages really show that you need to work on your reading comprehension. You continually miss the point and try to spin things to suit your own narrative. That behavior is not surprising given your circumstance of living alone and everything in your life revolves around you. You have no clue
of what it like to be an actual parent or what it takes to be in a successful relationship. Well maybe you do know what it takes to be in a successful relationship but you are to selfish to do what it takes.

Good for you that you paid off your mortgage that is great that the state will inherit your property since you will die alone. I look at you and laugh, I might even overlook some valid points you make because every post you make just screams of insecurity and living a miserable life and those factors just override everything else you say.

I am not saying that you have to be married/in a relationship or have kids to be happy in life, but your envy is just so obvious. You wish you had a taste of what I and many others here have. You just come off as a miserable sad human being. Perhaps you could start a support group with Big P, I am sure the two of you could save the world with all your self righteous wisdom.

• 5Worf
  • 1Potato
  • 1Salty

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
And when he loses the argument he turns to memes/gifs, par for the course. Did you send your last girlfriend a meme/gif when things got uncomfortable?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I kinda agree with a lot of shit Khane says. But I'm also a single dude in his 30s. Confirmed sad, jealous, forever alone man. Maybe it's an urban-dwelling generational thing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I kinda agree with a lot of shit Khane says. But I'm also a single dude in his 30s. Confirmed sad, jealous, forever alone man. Maybe it's an urban-dwelling generational thing.

I appreciate your candor.

Like you ( I assume), I don't disagree with his points about debt, but that is not what the discussion was about. The discussion was about parenting your kid. Something that if you haven't figured out before being a parent that really smacks you in the face once you are a parent is that the world is not black and white, there is a lot of gray in there. Having the to navigate the gray is the real challenge to being a parent, being a parent is nothing like running a business or making business decisions. Based off his comments I think Khane Khane lives his whole life with a Business Mind Set, not just his professional life.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Screenshot_20190210-133730.png

• 4Worf

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You guys have really shit up this thread, take parenting discussions to the parenting thread.

• 8Like

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
This dumb bitch. She's called 911 twice so far, first time lying about being hurt, police showed up and are like uh wtf are you talking about lady, there's not a single mark anywhere on you despite your claim he left marks on you. Second time, we had an argument about her not cleaning up after her dog (literally piss and shit everywhere) and she told them "he raised his voice." Cops are like sir, we are so sorry to have to barge into your home, but we have to respond to any calls we get, but we of course can't tell you that you can't have an argument or raise your voice in your own home.

I took back the minivan I bought for her, it was filthy everywhere and not just from the girls. Half eaten sandwiches that had petrified, petrified orange peels stuck to the floor, driver/passenger area literally covered in spilled soda and redbull and trash, peanuts fucking everywhere, stuck in every little crevice, cup holders filled with something that resembled plaster, and it reeked of cigarette smoke despite the kids riding in it daily. The car I was driving, which was her old car, was spotless. Van's in my name, her car is in hers. Didn't trust her to not fuck up the van and try and take her car back from me, so preempted that bullshit. She came out one morning to a steering wheel lock on the van, and lol, got in and tried to drive it before she realized that was going to be impossible. I cleaned the shit out of the van, got rid of the smoke smell, it looks and smells almost brand new on the inside now. Took pictures of her car after less than a month of her driving it. It's full of garbage, reeks of cigarettes, oh and did I mention the 1 year old that has asthma? Or at least, will have asthma, right now it's "reactive airway" because she's too young for the Dr to classify it as asthma. 2x-3x daily nebs, singulair, is always sick, she smoked cigarettes and weed the entire pregnancy too, even tested positive for opiates during her pregnancy drug screen.

Still hasn't paid the deductible, wants me to sign a document so she can take money out of her 401k because she has "no money, can't pay the bills, the mortgage, or buy food for the girls to eat." Yet they are out to eat 5/7 days of the week, there's a constant stream of new purchases the girls are showing me, just signed them up for martial arts lessons, leaves every light on in the house that she can, TV is always on when they aren't here, fans in the bathrooms running sucking out all the heated air, has the nerve to accuse me of making the gas and electric bill so high.

But yeah I'm the bad guy. Literally, fuck you all.

• 1WTF
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Committed
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Smoking during pregnancy is a deal breaker. This is your fault for not doing something sooner.

• 4Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And this is why you dont ignore redflags when dating.

If the behavior you are describing is remotely accurate theres no way this didnt come up a lot during dating.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
You're gonna get arrested real soon, and your life is gonna take a massive turn for the worse and you're gonna wonder why you kept doing the wrong shit and acting self righteous instead of walking away.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yup one of these days the cops will arrest you for these calls. Or she will get herself some bruises and it will get you arrested.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user