Marriage and the Power of Divorce

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I really hear your pain, man. My wife does similar things. "Oh, you're going to be home for a few days? How about we do.....[fill in the blank]"

No, that will get done, but when I'm taking vacation days, you're not going to find things to fill them. I fill my own vacation days with my own activities. Often they include the family, but once in a very great while I want to do something that's just for me. It happens.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sometimes that's hard. Something you've both planned to work on for weeks or months, and there's the opportunity. She takes advantage of the opportunity and you say flat no, then you're the dick.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Well yeah, if you've said you were going to do something and then don't that's on you. "My wife overloaded the fuck out of me with stuff to do," doesn't imply much previous volunteering, though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
All my friends who constantly say the “happy wife happy life” trope seem miserable.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
All my friends who constantly say the “happy wife happy life” trope seem miserable.

Well, you can't have a pissed off wife. However, making your wife happy at your own expense doesn't work either. The obvious solution is choose a wife where her happiness isn't contingent on burning yours.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll complain for a minute. Haven't had a vacation for like a year because I switched jobs and all that stuff going on.

So I took one for this past week. My wife overloaded the fuck out of me with stuff to do. Some was awesome - like my idea to take my kid to the zoo (see parent thread ). But a lot wasn't. I had to dig a spot out of the yard and level it, which at 8'x12' took forever. Then she made me go to the beach twice despite an awful sunburn. Then she planned all these relative visits. And worse of all, didn't let me sleep in once (but she did). I got close to strangling my wife this week.

Everyday 8am to 9pm nonstop activities. She then complained the yard hadn't been mowed and the bathrooms hadn't been cleaned. Classic

Fuckin classic
I don't work this hard on non-vacation days.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
With 2 young kids, going to work is pretty much always less demanding/stressful than staying at home.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Protip: Take vacation days but don't tell the wife. Pretend you are going to work instead.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Me neither. I dreamed of the office
3a1ba78a7a472b0e2e41692d2df6bc49--calvin-and-hobbes-comics-the-office.jpg

• 2Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Protip: Take vacation days but don't tell the wife. Pretend you are going to work instead.
This is pro advice. I never had to resort to this, but I had multiple friends who did and had success with this strategy. Just make sure none of your friends are snitches.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
My buddy would just come over to my place and play video games all day. Of course the marriage didn't end well regardless, but I think it was more from him shacking up with a land whale.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is pro advice. I never had to resort to this, but I had multiple friends who did and had success with this strategy. Just make sure none of your friends are snitches.
I think when I'm at that point, it's dead.

We did all this work for our shed install to get pushed out a full week, so it made it even worse.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I do the vacation day thing once or twice a year. I just go play golf or do some activity on my own. It's not so much to get away from my wife but to get a break from the kids as well. I tend to do everything family oriented and not much for myself. It's nice to just have a peaceful quiet day where you don't have anything going on. decompressssss

And it's harder now in the era of cell phones and location information...

If your significant other is tracking you by your phone's location, there's other problems going on lol. You can always disable those functions, at least on Android, not sure about Apple

• 2Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I do the vacation day thing once or twice a year. I just go play golf or do some activity on my own. It's not so much to get away from my wife but to get a break from the kids as well. I tend to do everything family oriented and not much for myself. It's nice to just have a peaceful quiet day where you don't have anything going on. decompressssss

If your significant other is tracking you by your phone's location, there's other problems going on lol. You can always disable those functions, at least on Android, not sure about Apple
But you are being dishonest to your wife. Isn't it easier to just tell her you're taking a day off for a golf trip?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Ya, I am finding with a 15 month old running around ripping shit off the walls screaming bloody murder I need a few evenings/lunches a week to go hit balls or hide out. I love the kid to death, and my wife is a saint for what she does but there are days where I'm sure I'm not cut out to be a parent. Feelsbadman