Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Bell's makes some great beer. Was just in CO this past weekend and had a Two Hearted Ale. A classic.

I think 2 Hearted just won best beer in america too. I'm not a fan, it's too close to an IPA for my liking. But it'll do in a pinch.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The window on Oberon is so small, and my drinking of beer so minimal...I don't usually drink much else during the summer months that when I can enjoy that while it's here.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hit the 15 year mark of marriage, the plan continues to come together but both the wife and kid are couch potatoes. Trying to get them more active but they don’t share the enthusiasm I have for mountain biking(jumps these days) and that is all I want to do. To be fair to the wife she is currently working full time and getting her masters so I get it.

The wife started to ride around the neighborhood again but can’t handle my all day sessions I have grow to love. It is my Gym, my anti-depressant, and my therapy. The wife knows this and encourages me to go ride.

Daughter is twelve and all about the phone/social media friends thing. She still likes to hang out but I have to ask/prepare everything.

Their thing is it is too hot...we live in Texas it will always be too hot. Overall things are good.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I need to get back to hiking. We had a really shitty wet winter and I got used to being indoors. I really need to turn that around. At least I started busting out the bike again. I got fatter over winter and I need to fix that.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The window on Oberon is so small, and my drinking of beer so minimal...I don't usually drink much else during the summer months that when I can enjoy that while it's here.

I've always thought it was funny watching the price start dropping like a rock after it starts going skunky at six weeks. I've been out on Oberon Day a few times and it's always huge.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bell's Eccentric Cafe is always a good time if you're ever in the area. I love their beer garden, and the concert venue is pretty dope.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I want to check that brewery out some time. But it's not convenient if you don't live in the area. Usually I can check brewery names off the list from business travel over time but that one isn't close to anywhere I would go.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's real nice. Parking kinda blows. They always seem to have some weird one-off experimental keg that they're sampling out when we've been there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll complain for a minute. Haven't had a vacation for like a year because I switched jobs and all that stuff going on.

So I took one for this past week. My wife overloaded the fuck out of me with stuff to do. Some was awesome - like my idea to take my kid to the zoo (see parent thread ). But a lot wasn't. I had to dig a spot out of the yard and level it, which at 8'x12' took forever. Then she made me go to the beach twice despite an awful sunburn. Then she planned all these relative visits. And worse of all, didn't let me sleep in once (but she did). I got close to strangling my wife this week.

Everyday 8am to 9pm nonstop activities. She then complained the yard hadn't been mowed and the bathrooms hadn't been cleaned. Classic

Fuckin classic

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll complain for a minute. Haven't had a vacation for like a year because I switched jobs and all that stuff going on.

So I took one for this past week. My wife overloaded the fuck out of me with stuff to do. Some was awesome - like my idea to take my kid to the zoo (see parent thread ). But a lot wasn't. I had to dig a spot out of the yard and level it, which at 8'x12' took forever. Then she made me go to the beach twice despite an awful sunburn. Then she planned all these relative visits. And worse of all, didn't let me sleep in once (but she did). I got close to strangling my wife this week.

Everyday 8am to 9pm nonstop activities. She then complained the yard hadn't been mowed and the bathrooms hadn't been cleaned. Classic

Fuckin classic

Seems like this is a complaint you should have raised during your vacation week with your wife instead of after your vacation week with us.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean there comes a point where you've just got to be "I ain't going to the beach, you bitch, i've got a sunburn."

Oh, you'll pay for it. But what you won't be is at the beach with a sunburn.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users