Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Holy crap I was just wondering where you disappeared to a day or two ago. Glad to hear things are going well.
I lurk every once in a while. "Anniversaries" of sorts remind me to visit.
Also, I need a recipe to make for dinner tonight. Cooking thread never disappoints.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Also, I need a recipe to make for dinner tonight. Cooking thread never disappoints.
We save the disappointment for the politics thread.

Also glad you are doing well.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
We still consistently shit on each other in Gravy's forum. So, his memory lives on in there.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TJT's dose of Crazy 2021:

Girl at work I met when I went to the office 1 time this year in late July. She was new and I said hello. Typical office meet and greet and I thought nothing of it (I guess she'd be a 6 or 6.5 out of 10 if I had to rate her). 32 year old single woman and a "dog mom" as is so common in Austin and libshit areas.

Starting in August she would message me on slack and asked for help with something that required Zoom call a few times. I realized she didn't actually need my help and stopped bothering. Messaged me about trivial things a lot and I would just shrug along and not really say anything a lot. In September she found my personal phone number from the company employee log. She was a recruiter btw. Texts my personal phone. I tell her she probably shouldn't have done that but proceeds to text me about stupid shit a lot. TV, Longhorns football, blah blah.

Most of her texts I just never answered. She would occasionally get slightly flirty and I would just say, "whatever" or not answer. My fault for not just saying outright no I get it but she knew I was married and had a kid and everything. I did answer her on slack usually where she was wise enough to not be flirty. My work profile says I am from the Oregon coast and she, on slack, asked me a bunch of shit about Oregon. I answered thinking nothing of it and she tells me she found a new job in Salem, Oregon of all places. I said I am happy for her and I hope she enjoys the state as it is a pretty good outdoors state. She asks me if I would ever visit her in Salem (obviously not as I don't want to in addition to being a near 4 hours of driving away from my hometown). I told her "lol maybe some day I haven't been to Salem in 20 years." Looking back on this I probably should have been more firm and direct. I had thought my 2 months of vagueness, non-responsiveness, and keeping it to small talk at work would have been hint enough. Oh, how wrong I was.

Week of Thanksgiving she asks, on slack, what I am doing. I say my mom is coming to visit me and the fam and we're going to go to a Thanksgiving party. I'm making brisket. Same thing I told my own team. Then she asks if she could meet my mom (finally my WTF bells go off). I tell her no, why would you ever meet my mom? Proceeds to call me 15 times straight and text me a bunch of shit. I didn't read any of it. Put my phone on airplane mode and blocked her number.

She immediately contacts my wife on Facebook, as well as my sisters, my mom, and every single person she can figure out that I know. As I am not on Facebook. Telling them how I promised her I'd move to Salem and have kids with her and sends them tons of screenshots of the texts and slack messages she sent me (that were all about trivial shit). She specifically sent the maybe I'd visit her in Salem one as some kind of gotcha. Sent this to two of my friends I mentioned by first name only as well. They contacted me later that night asking what was up as some random person contacted them on LinkedIn and Facebook both. Kind of impressive as I never told her any last names. Or any of my family members' names at all. She just knew my hometown and last name and a few first names.

But she didn't stop there. I had at some point mentioned the church we go to and she contacts the Father. Who then contacts me thinking I must atone for infidelity and asks if my wife knows. Just what I needed. I tell him I didn't feel like talking about it with him so he sends everything that she sent to him to my wife and he calls her too. I tell my wife and my mom what was up and we they eventually laughed after I showed them the slack log and the texts she sent me.

She at least never knew where I lived or how to figure out where I lived and show up there. Thank god. Or had some amount of sanity to realize that would be a bad move. Her last day is this week so I hope she quiets up and leaves me alone. My sister told me to get a restraining order.

On the other hand this confirms she was 100% guaranteed to have been an absolute whore in the sack. So that's a nice thought. Oh if I was 5 or so years younger!

Last edited:
  • 5WTF
  • 3Worf
  • 2Wow!
Reactions: 11 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I miss crazy so much.

I think I've finally lost interest in sex with the wife...

Whenever she wants it I get bored.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is why if you are in a committed relationship, you NEVER flirt or even leave a small window for it. You just spent a whole week or more dealing with crazy and never even got laid over it. And "Dog Mom" is just the non lesbian Cat Lady /changemymind.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've honestly never been so doggedly pursued even while I was younger and on the hunt for crazy intentionally. I have some real high tolerance for crazy and this shit wouldn't have phased me in the slightest when I was single. Single 30-40 year olds with no kids are something else. In 2019 we had a 20-something year old girl who threw birthday parties for her fucking dog each year and this is normal in Austin now too.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've honestly never been so doggedly pursued even while I was younger and on the hunt for crazy intentionally. I have some real high tolerance for crazy and this shit wouldn't have phased me in the slightest when I was single. Single 30-40 year olds with no kids are something else. In 2019 we had a 20-something year old girl who threw birthday parties for her fucking dog each year and this is normal in Austin now too.
In before the Ossoi the dog consented derail.....

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Single 30-40 year olds with no kids are something else.

They're down to their last 5 eggs. They're only dog moms because they haven't managed to get anyone to knock them up for real yet and they're realizing that they're running out of time. There's this lie that society tells to women that they need to focus on their career and that will bring them more satisfaction than family so they do that for 10-15 years, realize it was never true, and then realize that they're in a race against the clock for what they actually want to do with their lives. Can't really blame them for going a little crazy.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Girl at work I met when I went to the office 1 time this year in late July. She was new and I said hello. Typical office meet and greet and I thought nothing of it (I guess she'd be a 6 or 6.5 out of 10 if I had to rate her). 32 year old single woman and a "dog mom" as is so common in Austin and libshit areas.

Starting in August she would message me on slack and asked for help with something that required Zoom call a few times. I realized she didn't actually need my help and stopped bothering. Messaged me about trivial things a lot and I would just shrug along and not really say anything a lot. In September she found my personal phone number from the company employee log. She was a recruiter btw. Texts my personal phone. I tell her she probably shouldn't have done that but proceeds to text me about stupid shit a lot. TV, Longhorns football, blah blah.

Most of her texts I just never answered. She would occasionally get slightly flirty and I would just say, "whatever" or not answer. My fault for not just saying outright no I get it but she knew I was married and had a kid and everything. I did answer her on slack usually where she was wise enough to not be flirty. My work profile says I am from the Oregon coast and she, on slack, asked me a bunch of shit about Oregon. I answered thinking nothing of it and she tells me she found a new job in Salem, Oregon of all places. I said I am happy for her and I hope she enjoys the state as it is a pretty good outdoors state. She asks me if I would ever visit her in Salem (obviously not as I don't want to in addition to being a near 4 hours of driving away from my hometown). I told her "lol maybe some day I haven't been to Salem in 20 years." Looking back on this I probably should have been more firm and direct. I had thought my 2 months of vagueness, non-responsiveness, and keeping it to small talk at work would have been hint enough. Oh, how wrong I was.

Week of Thanksgiving she asks, on slack, what I am doing. I say my mom is coming to visit me and the fam and we're going to go to a Thanksgiving party. I'm making brisket. Same thing I told my own team. Then she asks if she could meet my mom (finally my WTF bells go off). I tell her no, why would you ever meet my mom? Proceeds to call me 15 times straight and text me a bunch of shit. I didn't read any of it. Put my phone on airplane mode and blocked her number.

She immediately contacts my wife on Facebook, as well as my sisters, my mom, and every single person she can figure out that I know. As I am not on Facebook. Telling them how I promised her I'd move to Salem and have kids with her and sends them tons of screenshots of the texts and slack messages she sent me (that were all about trivial shit). She specifically sent the maybe I'd visit her in Salem one as some kind of gotcha. Sent this to two of my friends I mentioned by first name only as well. They contacted me later that night asking what was up as some random person contacted them on LinkedIn and Facebook both. Kind of impressive as I never told her any last names. Or any of my family members' names at all. She just knew my hometown and last name and a few first names.

But she didn't stop there. I had at some point mentioned the church we go to and she contacts the Father. Who then contacts me thinking I must atone for infidelity and asks if my wife knows. Just what I needed. I tell him I didn't feel like talking about it with him so he sends everything that she sent to him to my wife and he calls her too. I tell my wife and my mom what was up and we they eventually laughed after I showed them the slack log and the texts she sent me.

She at least never knew where I lived or how to figure out where I lived and show up there. Thank god. Or had some amount of sanity to realize that would be a bad move. Her last day is this week so I hope she quiets up and leaves me alone. My sister told me to get a restraining order.

On the other hand this confirms she was 100% guaranteed to have been an absolute whore in the sack. So that's a nice thought. Oh if I was 5 or so years younger!
Mother of god, get a restraining order ASAP holy shit!!!

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just after a big raise. Coincidence?
Absolutely not, I would wager. That is a shitlib Austin feminist who is feeling her fucking uterus dry up in real time, so she is pulling out all the stops to try and rope in a man. Even the soy fucks in Austin don't want some middle age flannel wearing bitch who rode the cock carrousel for the last decade or so. Basically, two brands of crazy fueling each other at play here and even though what she did would land a man in fucking jail (or jobless at the bare minimum), there will be no consequence for her.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
She had no way of knowing I got a raise. She's not in HR.

Part of me is surprised that she didn't contact my manager or leadership. Or she did and they just ignored it like I would hope.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah she found out where your church was and a bunch of other shit that makes it sound like she has a pal in HR giving her a bunch of info. From there, the other shit is easy to find with a little money and sluething. She decided at that fucking party that you were going to fill the gaps in her life, figuratively and literally, then latched on to you like a fucking snapping turtle. You are lucky in a lot of ways, because that could have ended up so much worse.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Church thing was my fault. I mentioned it in passing once. I forget why. But recruiting and hr sharing info is probably happening and totally illegal.

For better or for worse HR is good at being tight-lipped about PI. It's like the one thing they are trained to do. Not that you could ever really prove such a thing.

I'll let you know if I get a love letter or mailbomb in a few weeks.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If I was still in Houston I'd be asking why you havent ALREADY given her my number . . .

Fuck it, Oregon always has openings.

Send that crazy bitch my way.

When the wife finds out I'll just blame her. Its almost 2022, zero responsibility here I come.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
They're down to their last 5 eggs. They're only dog moms because they haven't managed to get anyone to knock them up for real yet and they're realizing that they're running out of time. There's this lie that society tells to women that they need to focus on their career and that will bring them more satisfaction than family so they do that for 10-15 years, realize it was never true, and then realize that they're in a race against the clock for what they actually want to do with their lives. Can't really blame them for going a little crazy.
Yes you can. They are adults with free will and determination.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Id be worried about any potential sexual harassment claim at work. If she is going this far to interrupt your personal family, I can only imagine what she will say about you professionally. And this may have been the goal the entire time. Don’t reply to her. Sounds like bait. This lady is bat shit insane. Make sure to save everything.

Also, Next time say “I’m happily married”.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users