Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Call your sheriff's office already. Explain the situation calmly and clearly. Have them execute a wellness and safety check and serve mom the court order at the same time. It's either that or get CPS involved and have her served while they are doing their thing, but that could go very south very fast.
To everyone:
I'm already looking for a new Lawyer, but your ignoring the part where the Clerk of the court confirmed that's the way it will work. Moonarchia is right with my options have the sheriff serve the papers. She'll just not answer the door and he'll tape the papers to her door but that still doesn't count. (And yes I called and talked to the sheriff's office and confirmed this is how it would play out) My other option is CPS, cops will do more if directed by them. Trying to decide if I'm going to pull that trigger.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To everyone:
I'm already looking for a new Lawyer, but your ignoring the part where the Clerk of the court confirmed that's the way it will work. Moonarchia is right with my options have the sheriff serve the papers. She'll just not answer the door and he'll tape the papers to her door but that still doesn't count. (And yes I called and talked to the sheriff's office and confirmed this is how it would play out) My other option is CPS, cops will do more if directed by them. Trying to decide if I'm going to pull that trigger.
I mean, I know you're trying to do the best you can in a shitty situation, but man, I can barely even imagine how these conversations can exist.

"Yes sir that's right, kidnapping is basically legal so long as you don't open your door when the cops come..."

Have you asked these people what would happen if you kidnapped them back? That would be a terrible idea of course, but I don't think I'd be able to resist trying to get every fucker involved to walk my through exactly why that wouldn't be ok.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
To everyone:
I mentioned the health and wellness check for a reason. Tell them specifically that you need them to verify that your son is alive and well and have not been able to make contact in weeks with either of them and fear for their safety. Serving the papers will be the secondary objective, but that gives them cause to do more than just knock politely.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
On a more positive note versus the current convo in here...today is the 25 year anniversary of the first date I went on with my wife. Crazy to think about and crazy as she can be, I feel blessed and she would say the same.

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
On a more positive note versus the current convo in here...today is the 25 year anniversary of the first date I went on with my wife. Crazy to think about and crazy as she can be, I feel blessed and she would say the same.
Started dating wife 28yrs ago, these time lengths stopped being fun and now starting to make me feel way too old. Couldn't be happier with the wife, now when I think of my 21yrs here at FoH leaves me to wonder da fuq is wrong with me.

• 8Solidarity
  • 6Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 17 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started dating wife 28yrs ago, these time lengths stopped being fun and now starting to make me feel way too old. Couldn't be happier with the wife, now when I think of my 21yrs here at FoH leaves me to wonder da fuq is wrong with me.
If you leave can I has your stuff?

:p

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm over 30. Still working for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Getting old sucks. I read an article about how many older adults that were in the Harry Potter movies who died...which is most of them.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Fellas,

I'm looking to procreate and start a family in the future. One of my biggest hold-ups is the impact of the COVID-19 vaccine on the human body of those who take it. In my gut, I've never felt this vaccine was developed and distributed in good faith, which is why I refused the initial vaccine and subsequent boosters.

I always felt the vaccine decision was a purity test for those who have a higher sense of self-awareness about the world around them. Part of me feels like if someone was willing to give into the vaccine, they are just as willing to give into any other clown world circus the World Economic Forum puts forth on the world stage. I don't want my children raised by someone who doesn't have the foresight to understand these types of events as they happen, and how to mitigate them.

With that said, a lot of women are vaccinated, it's next to impossible to find someone who isn't. Is it worth compromising and having children with someone that's vaccinated?

• 3Moron
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Fellas,

I'm looking to procreate and start a family in the future. One of my biggest hold-ups is the impact of the COVID-19 vaccine on the human body of those who take it. In my gut, I've never felt this vaccine was developed and distributed in good faith, which is why I refused the initial vaccine and subsequent boosters.

I always felt the vaccine decision was a purity test for those who have a higher sense of self-awareness about the world around them. Part of me feels like if someone was willing to give into the vaccine, they are just as willing to give into any other clown world circus the World Economic Forum puts forth on the world stage. I don't want my children raised by someone who doesn't have the foresight to understand these types of events as they happen, and how to mitigate them.

With that said, a lot of women are vaccinated, it's next to impossible to find someone who isn't. Is it worth compromising and having children with someone that's vaccinated?
Go to church

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Fellas,

Pure blood is the only path. Go get one of them foreigners that never even heard of covid.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Pure blood is the only path. Go get one of them foreigners that never even heard of covid.
I met two different women recently who are similar. One is unvaccinated and really smart, hates Liberals. The other is more kind-hearted, vaccinated, but pleasing.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fellas,

Have you considered moving to a third world country? You could live like a king and have your choice of women. Best of luck to you!

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey bros, I'm in need of some advice. I'm pretty sure I'm the asshole and just am good at fucking this shit up. The blows keep coming in 2023, so I'm pretty sure this year is cursed.

Some context as brief as I can. I started smoking weed again back in early December. I live in a legal state, and a co-worker of mine introduced me back into it and took me to a dispensary. Much different time than it was 20 years ago. Anyway, I talk to the wife about it and agree on CBD, for my neuropathy pain, to see if it will help. I take this as a full on hell yea I can smoke it up every night and I proceed to do so. I'm trying vaping, pre-rolls, etc. I suppose this is the first problem is that I took her acceptance way too far. In this month, I started smoking at home too, not just while I was traveling for work in a hotel as where it started. I keep smoking and the wife keeps asking if I'm smoking of which I tell her no! Multiple times. I'm hiding it from her because I know she'd shut that shit down, and I don't want to stop smoking. Well, I get caught red-handed and she's like wtf, you told me over and over again that you weren't smoking. Clearly you were this entire time and the hang-up is that I lied to her so easily for so long (1 month). If I can do that, what else am I lying about?

I realize I fucked up and I'm sorry, I tell her this, and I stop smoking immediately and haven't smoked since. She doesn't feel that I'm sorry enough. She feels that I'm sorry I got caught, not sorry I smoked weed, and she doesn't understand why I think lying isn't a big deal. I'm not trying to be in denial, but white lies, about whether you ate the last cookie, or took the last soda out of the fridge is about equal to this and she doesn't think so at all.

I ask her what can I do to make it better. Is there something I can do, or say, she says she doesn't know? She says to me she knows I'm sorry, and am remorseful, but it's not enough. How do I try and fix this, or help her out?

• 1Moron

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
She wants you stop playing Wow Classic but it can't be her idea.

I think your attitude regarding "white lies" might be the root of the problem. My reaction to that is "oops, yeah, I took the last one, let me go fix that right now". Do you do this frequently to her?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
In my experience, it's just time and showing that you're improving yourself/behaviors.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She wants you stop playing Wow Classic but it can't be her idea.

I think your attitude regarding "white lies" might be the root of the problem. My reaction to that is "oops, yeah, I took the last one, let me go fix that right now". Do you do this frequently to her?
Lol, this past week was 28 hours in WoW Classic according to the playtime reports, down from 40+ , 80+ hours a week I was spending previously. I stopped playing so much the day I was caught with the weed.

Those white lies were just examples of what my brain is comparing the situation too. Lie to her frequently? No, not at all. I don't drink and don't have any friends in person to go out with or get in trouble with, so I'm home all the time. Sometimes work will throw me into my previous position and I'll have to travel Mon-Fri where I stay in a hotel away from home, but even then I just go back to my hotel room and play WoW. That's how it was for all of December up until Christmas when the job wrapped up.

• 1Barf