Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, the GHBYHT is not longer than this one. Might be due to being hijacked, but whatever, point still stands.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
One Theory of Marriage and Kids: 'Very Cute in the Abstract' - The Atlantic

'Overall, marriage is a big win for men: "Men who are married are happier than men who are not. They also make more money, they also live longer, they have fewer psychological problems, etc. etc.," '

This seems to go against most the stories in this thread.
Marriage rates in the US are falling through the floor,Why are modern Christians so delighted with current divorce rates? | Dalrockwhile divorce %s are slowly increasing. That article is such dopey bullshit but you're welcome to believe it and be happy.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
August 7, 2014: Single, still blissfully happy. Recently added a new girl to the booty call list, a girl I'm interested in is coming to town soon, and I am about to go home where I am greeted by my dog, comfy couch, no kids, no nagging wife, a 55'' plasma TV, and a first play session of The Last of Us Remastered. Life is good.

The worst part of my week is I bought eggs from Albertsons instead of Tom Thumb. Albertsons eggs peel like shit when they are boiled. It is really frustrating.

Oldbased

> Than U
8/7/2014 Still wanting to murder the world, watch it burn and piss on it to put it out.
Hoping for rain tomorrow.

The Master

Bronze Squire
August 7, 2014. Slightly annoyed, wife didn't do the dishes last night. Deal is I cook, someone else does the dishes. She is setting up her classroom all week to, so work on the house is on hold. My wife's girlfriend is getting back from MCAT camp on Saturday which means I'll need to go back to having multiple threesomes every week too. Rough life.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
August 7, 2014: Single, still blissfully happy. Recently added a new girl to the booty call list, a girl I'm interested in is coming to town soon, and I am about to go home where I am greeted by my dog, comfy couch, no kids, no nagging wife, a 55'' plasma TV, and a first play session of The Last of Us Remastered. Life is good.

The worst part of my week is I bought eggs from Albertsons instead of Tom Thumb. Albertsons eggs peel like shit when they are boiled. It is really frustrating.
How can you be blissfully happy with that little-ass TV?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Sounds like The Master is the blissfully happy one. Anyone else, I'd immediately call bullshit. At this point I'm only hinting at bullshit.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Stress is so incredibly hard to measure,
Bullshit, it's insanely easy to measure.

stress-test-card-ncc-stc-001-782.jpg

That is because people who are happily married aren't coming into this thread saying

"Thursday Aug 07. Still happy."
Should I post every time my wife gives me a blowjob?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
August 7, 2014. Slightly annoyed, wife didn't do the dishes last night. Deal is I cook, someone else does the dishes. She is setting up her classroom all week to, so work on the house is on hold. My wife's girlfriend is getting back from MCAT camp on Saturday which means I'll need to go back to having multiple threesomes every week too. Rough life.
Hey, we're bros and all, but it has to be said. Fuck you.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My wife actually got a job, I think this will be a huge help, things have been going well this past month or so and I think this will help it keep improving. Only bad part is the 1700+ per month in day care costs, I will have to become even more of a nazi about our finances.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My wife actually got a job, I think this will be a huge help, things have been going well this past month or so and I think this will help it keep improving. Only bad part is the 1700+ per month in day care costs, I will have to become even more of a nazi about our finances.
We just switched to a full time nanny, 11 hours a day she only costs $400/wk. Takes care of all 3 of my kids. Why do ya'll pay day cares this much?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's cool, I get that a lot.

Your wife is making more than the daycare costs I hope. So at least it is a net gain?
Yeah, we'll see, that isn't really important. But she should. The kids were going to start preschool anyway in September, so the only cost that hadn't really been accounted for is the before/after school care for my oldest who is starting kindergarten.

Cad I don't know where you live that you can get away with that. We priced out nannies, unless we wanted a live-in it would have been just as expensive. And the socialization is important I would think, they need to be around kids that aren't related to them.

The Master

Bronze Squire
We just switched to a full time nanny, 11 hours a day she only costs $400/wk. Takes care of all 3 of my kids. Why do ya'll pay day cares this much?
$7.27 an hour? Assuming five days a week. I mean I guess that is close to the federal minimum wage, except for not doing time-and-a-half after 40 hours. I assume this is under the table?

I have zero family, but we live pretty close to the wife's grand parents who would love nothing better than to look after their great grand children when we have them.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How often do your kids accidentally speak to you in spanish?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
wtf? Either that's a friend doing you a huge solid, or something else shady is going on, and I'm not sure I would want my kids around that person. Stupid cheap.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Seeing as my wife now works at a preschool, I can actually answer that! 10-12 an hour with proper certifications, 8.25 for trainees.