Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Think $200 bones is what she got for it. I don't know if it's technically prostitution or not. Waiting to see if she actually goes for child support before I unleash the barrage of evidence for my attorney and he'll help me decide what's relevant I guess.
Sounds like it isn't. Seems like if she isn't physically getting the person or getting off by the person it is legal. Guess it is kind of like going to a strip club then furiously beating it afterwards.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
woah, wait. You shouldn't be holding anything back from your attorney. Lay it all out now and see what he says.
You really need to give it all to the attorney so he can give you proper legal advice. I don't know why you would tell rerolled but not tell your attorney.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
You really need to give it all to the attorney so he can give you proper legal advice.
This. You should share whatever you have with your attorney. They'll tell you what is and isn't useful or if they recommend using it.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So bros. Latest update on the roller coaster. Today i sat down my wife and told her in a very calm manner, how important it was for me that my daughter second name is as my mothers second name. The nameis important to me as is an indirect way of honoring my mother. Now my mother and my wife dont get along. My wife thinks and feels my mother is the main source of discord in our marriage.

I tried telling her that it was very important to me. My wife picked the first name and then banned the choice for the second.
I dont know what to do. The name is important to me, and as the father it is my right to name my child how i want. She frames it as im not taking her feelings into account, but i am, at least in acknowleding how hard this is for her. But having no saying the in naming of my daughter doesnt sit well with me.
What to do..? Fuck my life.

Khane

Here's an interesting question... How did it come to pass that you married someone who hates your mother, and vice-versa? If you love your mother, and respect her enough to honor her by naming your child after her how does it come to pass that you married a woman who hates her? I've always wondered what is going through the head of people who do that. How do you marry someone who hates your family unless you also hate your own family and it's common ground.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Simple answer... it didnt started like that. I bare some blame by not stablishing ground rules and boundaries and by not standing up when this was managable.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Plus my morher doesnr hate her. My wife has some very misconcieve notions. My mother says rhe wrong things, but it is nor out of hate or dislike.

Khane

Simple answer... it didnt started like that. I bare some blame by not stablishing ground rules and boundaries and by not standing up when this was managable.
So what happened? Wifey was sweet as pie to mom when she was still just the girlfriend, then as soon as she got the rock she turned into turbo bitch? I think you dun goofed bro. Got yourself a shitty situation. I have no advice. Godspeed.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Khane sometimes all people need is hope, or encouragment. The advice is simple. Does the name matter, then stick with it, does the name does not matter then just drop it.
The name matters. I would love to hear the other side of the argument, just to know im not wrong. It doesnt solve anything I know, but at least it issome encoragement. I am a little unsecured in my personal decisions and scared of been alone. But I have to be the happy with the type of man I choosed to be, and I choosed to be a man whose daughter's second name is what he wants. Because fuck it lt is my daugther, even if it not legally her name, ill fucking call her that myself.

Btw last paragraph was for myself..

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Khane sometimes all people need is hope, or encouragment. The advice is simple. Does the name matter, then stick with it, does the name does not matter then just drop it.
The name matters. I would love to hear the other side of the argument, just to know im not wrong. It doesnt solve anything I know, but at least it issome encoragement. I am a little unsecured in my personal decisions and scared of been alone. But I have to be the happy with the type of man I choosed to be, and I choosed to be a man whose daughter's second name is what he wants. Because fuck it lt is my daugther, even if it not legally her name, ill fucking call her that myself.

Btw last paragraph was for myself..
Stop being a little bitch who wants to use the name of a child to honor somebody. Just give the kid a good name they will enjoy.

iannis

Musty Nester
A lot of cultures even frown upon it as a whole. You'll be hardpressed to ever meet a Shekel Goldfein, IV.

Put it in a middle name. I've known women with 4 or 5 names. MaryAnne Catherine Margret Jennifer Thames. And for spanish cultures... shit, those people's names are like a book sometimes since using them to track both sides of the family.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You could make it a variant - something similar but not the same.

Roslyn -> Rose
Margaret -> Margarie
Joan -> Joanne
Potato -> Tomato

You get the idea.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If your wife didn't let you pick the first name of a daughter and then wouldn't let you have input on the middle name, well, that sounds like a bad sign for the rest of the marriage. Really shitty situation, because of course now you have a daughter.

I think either make it a big issue and if she won't relent, call her that anyway.