Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think my mom likes my girlfriend more than she likes me.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lendarios is the dude who is married to a woman who trained to become a medical doctor but then "couldn't find" (a.k.a. refused to find) work. She trained overseas and now that she's home she doesn't put out, hates his mother, and is (by his account) basically just a frosty bitch. I don't know why he doesn't just pull the plug on the marriage. Not like a kid is going to fix it. Pretty sure she got pregnant on purpose so she could hook him in to support her while she wallows in self misery and sits on her ass at home.

He did give us that hilarious story about how his wife was yelling at him while he was masturbating in the living room and he said "Hold on, I'm masturbating". That's about as funny as it gets.

Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Do you plan on having any more kids down the road? Your request is legitimate, and the wife dictating both first and middle names definitely shows a lack of compromise, but typically isn't the tradition of naming of a child after a parent/grandparent done after they pass? For instance, when/if I have a daughter, I'd like her middle name to be my mom's, but my mom is gone. If she was still alive, it would feel "weird" naming her after my mom..

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just your mom? My whole family likes my wife better than me.

Lendarios is the dude who is married to a woman who trained to become a medical doctor but then "couldn't find" (a.k.a. refused to find) work. She trained overseas and now that she's home she doesn't put out, hates his mother, and is (by his account) basically just a frosty bitch. I don't know why he doesn't just pull the plug on the marriage. Not like a kid is going to fix it. Pretty sure she got pregnant on purpose so she could hook him in to support her while she wallows in self misery and sits on her ass at home.

He did give us that hilarious story about how his wife was yelling at him while he was masturbating in the living room and he said "Hold on, I'm masturbating". That's about as funny as it gets.

Or am I confusing him with someone else?
That be him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That was one of the best stories of this entire thread.

My wife gets a little put off if I tell her I masturbated.. I told her I wouldn't if she puts out 1-2x a day, but she doesn't so there I am with my dick in my hand. She usually doesn't get too bothered.

Then again I don't masturbate in the living room while everyone is home.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You're definitely slanting the story. You said your mother says the wrong things and yet you seem to place more of the blame on your partner. What ground rules are you talking about wanting to have established?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Shit man, it's worse for me. I'm pretty sure if I ever break up with the special lady friend, most of my friends will just ditch me for her. Let alone the family.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We're all a bunch of ass burgering MMO playing losers of course our counterparts will be more liked than us

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Do you plan on having any more kids down the road? Your request is legitimate, and the wife dictating both first and middle names definitely shows a lack of compromise, but typically isn't the tradition of naming of a child after a parent/grandparent done after they pass? For instance, when/if I have a daughter, I'd like her middle name to be my mom's, but my mom is gone. If she was still alive, it would feel "weird" naming her after my mom..
I don't think its usually done only after they pass, especially for middle names. Like half my extended family has middle names for people who were alive when it was given. First names ya I think its more an after they pass thing unless its father and son.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The name is important to me,and as the father it is my right to name my child how i want.She frames it as im not taking her feelings into account, but i am, at least in acknowleding how hard this is for her. But having no saying the in naming of my daughter doesnt sit well with me.
What to do..? Fuck my life.
Not sure if this is cultural or what, but (imo) your wife has just as much of a right to name or not name a kid something as you do. Each party has veto rights, you can either compromise or filibuster if you feel that strongly about it, but in the end she has the ultimate trump card of being the one to push a baby out of her vagina giving her the ultimate say.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So I'll let it sit for a couple of days and then I'll talk to her calmly, that she picked the first name and I get the second one. Hopefully it will go better.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The sad truth is we don't even know her and we can tell she's psycho just from what you've given us. Its never going to get better. You have to figure out how to proceed with your own life and all but it seems obvious to all of us that this woman will be never ending bullshit. You are stuck with her one way or another now though, might just be "cheaper to keep her" under the circumstances anyway.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So if she named the kid shitface or some ex's name with her choice, that would be okay? Would literally any name be fine, with you having no veto power? If not, seems really unfair to not let her have some veto power.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I'll let it sit for a couple of days and then I'll talk to her calmly, that she picked the first name and I get the second one. Hopefully it will go better.
I like the way you describe your marriage and your relationship with your wife. It's like watching toddlers fight over toys in a sandbox.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I know that passing judgement on people's relationships is what we do in this thread, but keep in mind that lendarios is not a native english speaker. We might not be getting the most nuanced explanation of the situation.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The only way I could give you her reasons is by having her post here. Today I went to the councelor by myself, and explained it to her. She says we both have right to the kid, she has the first name and I get the second, regardless of my wife feelings for my mom.

So I came home and told her that, and now she doesnt want me in the delivery room, in adition to no to the name. So I told her that will be irreversible. She said that is ok a divorce is fine...

So the wheels are about to fall off.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The wheels fell off the second you knocked her up. Good luck.