Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Guys she is like 9 months preggers, hormonies are raping her brain. Not a great time for major decision making.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If she ever said "hey, after I'm done my classes, I'm just going to be your housewife" I would tell her flat out no. And it's got nothing to do with money. If she wanted to volunteer full time or take a position that paid next to nothing, I'd be fine with that. I just wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who has so little motivation and ambition that they just want to sit on their ass, basically. Again, if you have kids, that's a totally different story.
Even with kids, it just isn't fulfilling. Which is one reason i think you see so many women talking it up online or wherever, because at the end of the day it is soul-crushing to look back and have nothing tangible to show for a large chunk of your life. I'm sure there are studies that show how much better it is for the kids or whatever, idk, my experience is that is not the case.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My girlfriend works at a farmer's market on Thursdays. She knows I love sausage. One of my top 5 favorite things on planet earth is diner breakfast sausage. From a real greek diner in NY or it's surrounding areas in NJ. You just cannot buy that kind of sausage anywhere and trust me I've looked. Anyway she brought me a package of fresh breakfast sausage and a package of fresh hot italian sausage. I made the breakfast sausage last week and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was mediocre at best, but whatever it's free sausage. Tonight I made sausage and peppers with garlic, onions, some basil and oregano using an old tried and true recipe. It always comes out fantastic. Except for tonight. The sausage she brought me was absolutely flavorless and terrible. It ruined the entire dish.

What do I do here? Do I break up with her citing social norms regarding gifts of frankincense, gold, myrrh and sausage? Do I try to work it out after standing my ground and letting her know this won't stand? Do I tell her she needs to quit and become a housewife because she obviously is wasting her time at work? Do I get a paternity test?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure you need to get her frisky, blindfold her, seduce her some more and then violate her with one of the offending sausages so she too knows what its like to get totally fucked by a bad sausage.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just start throwing in casual remarks. Like when she goes "god your dick is so big and delicious today" you say "yeah unlike that sausage you bought me" and pretend you never said it.

Or creslins idea.

lindz

#DDs
Let's get one thing fuckin' straight here. No woman knows how to mow a lawn, and if she does you know she does it poorly.
Dude, I think my husband has done yard work twice since we've been married. I do all the mowing, edging, trimming, pruning, wedding, etc.

My mother-in-law trained my husband poorly as a child.

lindz

#DDs
Even with kids, it just isn't fulfilling. Which is one reason i think you see so many women talking it up online or wherever, because at the end of the day it is soul-crushing to look back and have nothing tangible to show for a large chunk of your life. I'm sure there are studies that show how much better it is for the kids or whatever, idk, my experience is that is not the case.
Oh god this. Women talk it up big time because it fucking sucks. I hate being a stay at home mom. It is not hard, but it is monotonous and so unrewarding. Yeah I get that random desk job is also super monotonous and unrewarding, but like... the amount of times *just today* I was whined and bitched at, told I was a bad mom, "I hate you mom", "you're so unfair", etc in retarded. I am ALWAYS the bad guy. Last night I told my seven year old to go clean her room and she whines about unfair it is because I never have to clean anything. Right.

Yes I recognize that I make our life smoother, but I truly have nothing to look at at the end of the day and say I accomplished that! Great, my kitchen is clean, so what. Folded laundry today, awesome. It is stuff that has to be done anyway and is so not fulfilling. I understand that it is probably good for my kids, that it is handy that we are flexible if kids get sick, and all that but the second the last one is in school, I am either going back to school myself or getting a job. Can't wait for this phase to be over.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know my wife is way happier now that she is back to work a couple of days a week. Even if she bitches about it and how the people suck, etc, You can just see how she is like a different person and just all around happier. Lindz, do yourself a favor and go back to work when your kids are old enough.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dude, I think my husband has done yard work twice since we've been married. I do all the mowing, edging, trimming, pruning, wedding, etc.

Rofl, my mom told me the other week she would mow the lawn while my dad would watch tv.
Oh god this. Women talk it up big time because it fucking sucks. I hate being a stay at home mom. It is not hard, but it is monotonous and so unrewarding. Yeah I get that random desk job is also super monotonous and unrewarding, but like... the amount of times *just today* I was whined and bitched at, told I was a bad mom, "I hate you mom", "you're so unfair", etc in retarded. I am ALWAYS the bad guy. Last night I told my seven year old to go clean her room and she whines about unfair it is because I never have to clean anything. Right.
I having stay at home to raise your kids isnt the type of work that at the end of your day you get to see results of what you done. The results come 20-30 years from now when your kids can navigate life and are able to handle challenges and know what to do.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They learn those same skills in preschool though. Not to discount the effort any mother puts in, it just isn't a "I am making this sacrifice for them!" kind of thing, they'll probably be fine either way. Usually it is a financial or a tradition thing keeping woman at home.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Just another tick to add to the checklist of my perfect woman. Big boobs, insane sexual appetite, mows lawns good.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
If you are expecting a school to teach your kids all the life skills they will need to be high quality human beings, you are doing it wrong.

@Lindz, I think you've got to think about what you really feel is missing and fill that back in. Why wait? If it is something tangible you want at the end of the day, maybe start up some home improvement projects or take up something artistic. If you are missing social interaction with adults or just meaningfulness, volunteer at something you care about.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Can anyone recommend a good body pillow or other obstruction to keep my girlfriend on her side of the fucking bed when it's time to sleep? I need my space woman!

Silence_sl

shitlord
Can anyone recommend a good body pillow or other obstruction to keep my girlfriend on her side of the fucking bed when it's time to sleep? I need my space woman!
Tell your space woman that you need some space, woman.
biggrin.png

rrr_img_77430.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Sorry but you are fucked. My wife is 5' (really 4' 11.5" but I'm generous) and she takes up more room in our bed (king) than me and im 6' 3".

In the rare occasion when our daughter is in bed with us I literally can't sleep because I have about 6" of mattress to cling onto for dear life.