Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh she knows, it was one of the first things I told her "Cuddling is fine but when it's time to sleep don't touch me. Not even a finger". But like every other woman I've ever shared a bed with she creeps closer and closer throughout the night until I'm on the edge of the bed and she's sprawled out like a goddamn snow angel.

"Update. She decided to stay at her mom for a little while, lets see how it goes."

Change the house locks and the garage door controller code. Change your bank savings and checking accounts. No worries.

"What do I do here? Do I break up with her citing social norms regarding gifts of frankincense, gold, myrrh and sausage? Do I try to work it out after standing my ground and letting her know this won't stand? Do I tell her she needs to quit and become a housewife because she obviously is wasting her time at work? Do I get a paternity test?"

Change the house locks and the garage door controller code. Change your bank savings and checking accounts. No worries.

AmIrite?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh she knows, it was one of the first things I told her "Cuddling is fine but when it's time to sleep don't touch me. Not even a finger". But like every other woman I've ever shared a bed with she creeps closer and closer throughout the night until I'm on the edge of the bed and she's sprawled out like a goddamn snow angel.
I let my girlfriend cuddle with me the first couple months we dated, then I basically laid it out that I need to not really be touched when I'm sleeping. I need my sleep, man! That doesn't stop her from trying, though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Unless she can turn her body temperature down by 20 degrees, I don't think I'll be able to get used to it. This isn't the first girl I've slept with.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They learn those same skills in preschool though. Not to discount the effort any mother puts in, it just isn't a "I am making this sacrifice for them!" kind of thing, they'll probably be fine either way. Usually it is a financial or a tradition thing keeping woman at home.
Preschool?

I dunno, I just see raising kids as a career itself. Though my mother was one of those they arent made anymore women who truly enjoyed and liked raising myself and my brother and sister.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My girlfriend cuddled with me too. It got so bad that I started leaving the bed and sleeping on the couch. She was falling asleep and leaving dead, sweaty, hot weight on my body. Couldn't take it. Then she does the elusive sleeping with knees bent upwards and legs slowly falling down onto my body. FUCK

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
My girlfriend cuddled with me too. It got so bad that I started leaving the bed and sleeping on the couch. She was falling asleep and leaving dead, sweaty, hot weight on my body. Couldn't take it. Then she does the elusive sleeping with knees bent upwards and legs slowly falling down onto my body. FUCK
Man fuck that shit. I knock my wife's legs down when she does that shit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Having a stay-at-home parent is overrated in terms of the long-term benefit of your children. At least personally. Both my parents worked while I was growing up. I had babysitters until I was 11 or 12 and could look out for myself after school until they got home.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Mine's like some sort of heat vampire. She's just about always cold. In the summer it's not too bad, but my place is pretty cold in the winter. She'll have like 8 blankets on the bed while wearing jogging pants, a sweater and socks while I'm naked, and I'll be sweating balls from the heat. But even then she'll literally follow me around the bed in her sleep, to bask in my glow.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Having a stay-at-home parent is overrated in terms of the long-term benefit of your children. At least personally. Both my parents worked while I was growing up. I had babysitters until I was 11 or 12 and could look out for myself after school until they got home.
Its one of those things like religion where people get so invested in the decision they will just irrationally argue for or against it and its hard to get a really objective conversation I think

Gravy

Bronze Squire
One of the ground rules I sat out early in my wife and I's relationship was separate blankets. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

Edit: I still get pushed to the edge of the king sized bed by my wife who's about 120 lbs, but at least I've got my own cover

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah my wife and I do the separate blanket thing too. Hell, I have often debated doing the whole 50's sitcom bed situation and have two separate beds. Only time we want to be close is when we are sexxing it up, after that, get the hell away from me (we both say this).

lindz

#DDs
Wow separate blankets sounds amazing. My husband rolls up in the blankets so I end up with barely any. I never thought of doing separate ones.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
As long as I can stick my feet out the end of the blankets the lava heat from my wife's blankets doesn't really bother me. Thankfully even she gets too hot once in a while and I get to live the glory that is sleeping with only a single sheet. Ahhhhhh.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
No idea, man. It's got to be some physiological gene that women have. It's usually always that the gals are cold, and the guys that are warmer. Like Lenas said, my wife gets hot as fire under the covers though, it's like she's got a heater running.

It's usually right when I'm at that 'just right' temperature in bed when the wife puts her ice cold feet between my legs, or is hot as fire and rolls over to me.