Marriage and the Power of Divorce

lindz

#DDs
I didn't have problems with temperature fluctuations until I had kids. After that though... I'll be cuddled up with blankets to my chin, wearing flannel pajamas when I go to bed, then two hours later I'm stripping off everything and tossing the blankets to the side. And when I wake up in the morning, I'm shivering again.

And my poor husband. I have the worst circulation ever - my feet/hands are ALWAYS freezing, and he is just so warm!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I didn't have problems with temperature fluctuations until I had kids. After that though... I'll be cuddled up with blankets to my chin, wearing flannel pajamas when I go to bed, then two hours later I'm stripping off everything and tossing the blankets to the side. And when I wake up in the morning, I'm shivering again.
Going from one extreme to the other might be your problem there.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I picture mine as the human anaconda. She basically glue herself to me. Theres no taking her out of it, as soon a she falls asleep she just creeps right next to me. She blocks me in one direction and every inch I move in the opposite, she follows me. After a while the both of us occupy about two feet wide worth of space on the bed. Sometimes I climb over her and repeat the process the entire way across the mattress in the opposite direction.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And my poor husband. I have the worst circulation ever - my feet/hands are ALWAYS freezing, and he is just so warm!
Had a girlfriend like that. I would be falling asleep, all comfy and relaxed; then, on the edge of sleep, the ice cubes would attack to the sound of soft laughter.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I picture mine as the human anaconda. She basically glue herself to me. Theres no taking her out of it, as soon a she falls asleep she just creeps right next to me. She blocks me in one direction and every inch I move in the opposite, she follows me. After a while the both of us occupy about two feet wide worth of space on the bed. Sometimes I climb over her and repeat the process the entire way across the mattress in the opposite direction.
Every woman on earth does that. They just constantly move to you all night long.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
At that point you go "you wanna warm up?" and put your dick in dry. Just repeat this every occurrence until they are trained to not do it.

It's like how women tell everyone they need to train men.. well, here it is.. it ain't gonna suck itself.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At that point you go "you wanna warm up?" and put your dick in dry. Just repeat this every occurrence until they are trained to not do it.

It's like how women tell everyone they need to train men.. well, here it is.. it ain't gonna suck itself.
So you are 100% all talk?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Noodle types out all the shit he can't say at home. Let a brother vent.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Preschool?

I dunno, I just see raising kids as a career itself. Though my mother was one of those they arent made anymore women who truly enjoyed and liked raising myself and my brother and sister.
My experience is that kids learn more life skills from being around other adults and kids than they do me and my wife. Especially other kids.

Love it or don't love it, it isn't the same as a career. Even when I have a bad day at work, I did something, I have something to show for what I did. On my wife's best day as a stay at home mom she had nothing tangible to point to and say "i did that." Some people can deal with and even thrive in that kind of environment, for some people it is difficult.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I dunno, I just see raising kids as a career itself. Though my mother was one of those they arent made anymore women who truly enjoyed and liked raising myself and my brother and sister.
This is like the weirdest quote to have a Bill Burr avatar next to.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is like the weirdest quote to have a Bill Burr avatar next to.
Ohh dont get me wrong Im not saying its a super hard job and totally agree with his sentiment. Just that if Im having kids I(my wife) want to raise them and instill values and teach them right from wrong, not daycare_01 or babysitter_01.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Of course the parents instill values, but that isn't the basic shit they learn in school like how to deal with asshole kids or authority figures. People lacking those basic skills grow up to be sociopaths and shit. Or just sheltered. Kids are always learning, and I just think there are some things that the parents aren't best equipped to teach them.

iannis

Musty Nester
I wouldn't want to teach my kid the history of the American Revolution. I wouldn't wanna teach him algebra. I wouldn't even want to teach him things I know a fair amount about, although I probably would in a haphazard way.

BECAUSE OF THE ATMOSPHERE. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE.

Seriously though, it makes sense to farm out basic education. Teaching is a skill. You've got to learn to walk before you can run. But those basic values -- a teacher cannot teach those to a child. Maybe if we're lucky we all have a teacher or two or even three that sticks out in our minds as someone we adored. But that's not at all the same thing. They don't have them for enough time each day, they don't know them well enough, they don't deal with the sorts of problems those basic values confront. You have to give them some latitude to do their jobs. They're doing the scutwork.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've only ever known two women that opted out and homeschooled their children. One of them I think it is a god damn shame. She's myopic to begin with and I don't see her kids being anything except for soldiers. The other has spent the bulk of her adult life in education and if anyone can do it I expect it would be her.

It just depends on the teacher is all. I assume that a person with a passion for teaching would make a better teacher than I would, is all. Plus they get paid to do it.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The only reason I see people home schooling (and there are a lot in western Michigan) is so that they can properly brainwash them on the topic of sky wizards.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The only reason I see people home schooling (and there are a lot in western Michigan) is so that they can properly brainwash them on the topic of sky wizards.
Same here in TX. Homeschoolers are all religious.

Feien

Ploppers
I'll throw in what could be perceived as a weird fact about me, but oh well. I was homeschooled through High School, though I believe it wasn't your typical homeschool experience.
My parents didn't homeschool me for them to be the ones to teach me, to shelter me from the evils of high school, or any of that, we really just saw it as an opportunity to take things at my own pace, and it would also give me the opportunity to not be constrained by a calendar. They always gave me the choice to go to a normal high school if I wanted to, but I started noticing some of the benefits of being homeschooled so I never did.

First of all, my parents hired tutors/teachers to teach me the tough stuff, the rest I studied on my own. If I found it too difficult, I'd get a tutor, if I could understand it enough on my own, then I studied it on my own. It gave me a lot of independence and discipline since the first year I slacked of a lot, after all it was the year that EQ came out. The great thing was that since I wan's chained to a calendar, I could travel, or do certain activities and at one point have a part time job that with a regular High school schedule I wouldn't have been able to do. That's how I learned English, I travelled to the US for a couple of months to really learn it.

I'm also someone that doesn't have a hard time meeting people. One of the possible downsides of being homeschooled is how socially inept or sheltered you can become. That was a non issue with me.

When I went to college I thought it was gonna be tough to go to be in a school environment, but it was actually much easier than I expected at the time.

Anyways, sometimes I look back and sure, I think that I would have liked to live through the typical high school experience, but I LOVED the way I did it and will likely give my kids the same choice.