Marriage and the Power of Divorce

iannis

Musty Nester
Sometimes a musky smelling woman is attractive.

Sometimes it's kinda gross though. There is a very fine line between "earthy" and "rank".

Of course my nose doesn't work. Probably every woman I've ever slept with smelled like two day old cottage cheese.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I've got a problem bros.
There is no solving your problem, man. Getting her to dis-believe the stupid shit she does about "chemicals" is the equivalent of getting a Democrat to vote Republican, or vice versa. That shit is as close to hard wired as possible. Is it just with cleaning products? Or is she like that with food, clothes, and god knows what else?

Agreed with a couple other guys here that one of my favorite things about women is that they smell awesome, and feel so soft. I mean shit, if they don't have that, what are they good for? It's funny though, my girlfriend loves it when I smell a bit musky or sweaty. Like if I come home from a hockey game and didn't shower after because I was just going to shower 5 hours later when I wake up, she'll damn near literally shove her nose in to my arm pit and take a big whiff. It's bizarre.

Relevant:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Pheromones, man.

I agree with Iannis that a little 'musk' is sometimes a turn-on. Stank, however, is never a turn-on.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I like to think that the fact I stopped posting killed the thread, but then again, I'm a huge narcissist.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm getting laid so much that my dick looks like when you microwave a hotdog for too long, think he was talking about Devil Horns

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, it is disgusting. I put it out there how disgusting I think it is to her, just not in a "bitch you're disgusting" tone. It was a little more tactful and loving than that, which was hard. Because bitch that's fucking disgusting.
I've had the dubious honor of having to deal with a similar scenario many years ago, and you can easily work around this assuming it's isolated to soaps/fragrances. If it also translates into unshaved power muff and other Granola habits, then you have a far bigger issue, but it sounds like this is isolated to some aversion to "chemicals".

My suggestion would be to hit up a high end "bed and bath" type store, like L'Occitane De Provence where all their soaps/fragrances are "all natural". Pick her up a gift basket with assorted soaps and fragrances and tell her you thought some of the smells would be amazing on her and they are all "organic". You'll not only come off as being sweet and thoughtful, but you'll deal with the scent issue at the same time.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Dude has to pay out the ass to keep his girl smelling good because she refuses to use $2.00 soap.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That doesn't solve the illogical aversion to "chemicals". Depending how rank she is, that might bother me more.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Dude has to pay out the ass to keep his girl smelling good because she refuses to use $2.00 soap.
We all have to pay it out the ass in one way or another, it's the Straight Man's Burden. If he manages to cure the issue with a $75 gift basket, to me that's about the best ROI one can hope for imho. $75 to cure a hygiene issue while simultaneously mitigating the emotional conflict/quagmire of having to discuss it? Sign me up. It may be a crass/cynical way of looking at things, but money is something I understand, so when the rare situation/argument comes up that can be cured with something quantifiable/binary, I'm about as happy as can be that it can be solved in lieu of some intangible emotional problem that I don't understand or can't sympathize with.