Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Personally I have no interest in marriage until I'm stable career wise. I'd like my potential spouse to be in the same situation as well. The idea of getting married and having one of us sacrifice our career ambitions for a relationship that might not work out has always turned me off.
I know a teaching assistant at university that had to give up her goal of a PhD because she decided to have a family with her man and apparently schools don't like to hire profs older than in their 30s. Lame.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, but from the small windows into Noodleface's life we have, do you think he will be as happy as you and your husband are? Even close?

For me in my relationship, we're happy yeah but this is a very stressful time in our lives. In a couple of years the stress will die down a bit, mostly it is having so many kids so close in age. But it will never be as stress-free as it was before we were married. I feel bad for this bro, this should be the carefree time he does whatever he wants with his lady and has a good time, not the stressful , bitter period where she withholds sex and he grows resentful.
Pretty much, if she's yelling at you for things like "sitting wrong" then you need to really look at things because it sounds like the relationship is wrong.

Even with wedding planning and all the stuff that goes a long with it at no point should she be acting like she is, as I said before sex should never be a weapon and as soon as someone thinks it is it will forever be thought of as such.

Granted, Noodle is only telling us his side...for all we know he's being a douche bag to her without even realizing he is. Sometimes we as people, not even just men tend to do that. What we consider to be no big deal could infact be a huge deal. Small things about my wife irk me to no end....like not filling the ice cube trays and leaving them on the counter or putting them back with a single ice cube.

FILL THE DAMN TRAY FOR GODS SAKE!! IT TAKES 12 SECONDS!!

........ anyway......

We all have our quirks but shes picking you apart from the sounds of it and you need to put a stop to it or else she will fall into the frame of mind that acting that way is acceptable and the sooner you put your foot down to that the better. Once that is in her head as being acceptable it will be much harder to change and will just lead to way more problems in the future.

lindz

#DDs
The first year of marriage was more stressful than before we were married or the subsequent years. We fought a lot more as we adjusted to living together, adjusting our daily routines and needs. But it got easier. And before marriage... that was the honeymoon stage. We were so madly in love and everything was exciting.

If you guys (Noodleface) as a couple can't handle routine stress (it comes up all throughout your life, in many forms) now, when everything is still fresh and shiny, I don't see you being able to handle it well later on. If she is worth it, work on it. Talk to her about how you can both handle shit better, what outlets you have available to you to vent stress. Maybe she needs a couple hours of icecream and a good book, or a pedicure or some time at the gym where you can help with one thing on her task list that is stressing her out and vice versa. It is all about learning to work through the problems together without becoming the enemy.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My wife doesn't handle stress well....at all, she in fact probably handles it worse then any peson I know and for the longest time we would argue hard over her looking to pick a fight in order to make herself feel better by her blowing off that stress, she even took it as far as doing things she knew would annoy me.

I put that lid on that, fast. Now if I know she's had a bad day or isn't taking something very well I tell her to go take a bath and relax. This works for two reasons, A. It helps her relax when stressed and B. When I tell her this she takes that as a cue she's acting crazy without realizing it and then oes and gets some alone time for her to collect her thoughts and unwind.

She might just need something along those lines....or she may be a crazy.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am still trying to wrap my head around tarrant having a fridge that still uses ice cube trays. Maybe she is being passive aggressive, tarrant, as a way to tell you to buy a fridge made after 1990?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I am still trying to wrap my head around tarrant having a fridge that still uses ice cube trays. Maybe she is being passive aggressive, tarrant, as a way to tell you to buy a fridge made after 1990?
The fridge is brand new actually.
tongue.png
I don't have a water line on that side of the kitchen though and I'm not paying the $3200 to save 12seconds of time.

tongue.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My water line is good, the hose is new because it was leaking and I thought that's why it was turned off, but it still doesn't make ice. So I use trays.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I have an Electrolux, $2000 fridge that's 3 fucking years old. That door panel that dispenses your ice and water and controls the temperature? Yeah, it's fried. What's that, 1 year warranty on appliances? $250 for a new one?

I'm going back to 1990 fridge if they haven't worked out the bugs with the new one.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel bad for you
Cause I don't use comma's(where the fuck is that button on the Galaxy S3 key board)

Tarrant;136033 said:
Also, stop acting like a little bitch over what was originally a simple ribbing./QUOTE]

Take it in spirit it was given

And LoL @ Minneapolis being a "white" area.
You might as well have said in the ol' cracker fashion "nut ugh we got blacks too". Spend sometime living in east B-more or travel to your closest real City the South Side of Chi-town or head to the ATL then reread that quote or shit just ask Kevin Garnett or StarBury.

I'll leave it at that as obviously I am ill equipped to engage you in a Forum Flame WAR just by checking post count shows how lopsided that battle would be.

None the less you bring up valid points about both sides of the issue it hard to detect patterns of behavior when you only know one side of the problem. Hence the sound advice of if its bothering you address it. If your not willing to address it then that's your fault.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah my brand new Maytag fridge with the freezer on the bottom has some kind of known bug that the drain for the coils in the back can freeze and then start to spill water all over the freezer section. My wife is really, really good at getting customer service. She called and had a tech come out, on Home Depot's dime even after the warranty, and he somehow rigged it so that shit won't happen anymore.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Yeah my brand new Maytag fridge with the freezer on the bottom has some kind of known bug that the drain for the coils in the back can freeze and then start to spill water all over the freezer section. My wife is really, really good at getting customer service. She called and had a tech come out, on Home Depot's dime even after the warranty, and he somehow rigged it so that shit won't happen anymore.
Chaos is married to an east indian.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Nah she's just mean as fuck and has a way of talking to those people to get what she wants.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Nah she's just mean as fuck and has a way of talking to those people to get what she wants.
Chaos is married to Carrie Hefernan from King Of Queens.

But seriously, I would marry the hell out of a good indian woman. Cook, barter, dark skin etc.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I always wanted to fuck an Indian girl. Something about them. But nay, I am doing my part for the master race.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Rename the thread to the "Refrigerator Thread" and throw this shit in Product Reviews. Good info up in here.

I use ice cube trays as well. I can control the size of my ice cubes so they can fit in my bong easier.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
See that's why you don't like Deadwood. I can't imagine listening to that dialogue while stoned.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
You might as well have said in the ol' cracker fashion "nut ugh we got blacks too". Spend sometime living in east B-more or travel to your closest real City the South Side of Chi-town or head to the ATL then reread that quote or shit just ask Kevin Garnett or StarBury.
It does depend on the part of Minneapolis. But, if you're talking South Minneapolis around Franklin ave./Seward, white faces are a very clear minority. I believe parts of North Minneapolis are very similar. The surrounding suburbs are shockingly, predictably white in contrast.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It does depend on the part of Minneapolis. But, if you're talking South Minneapolis around Franklin ave./Seward, white faces are a very clear minority. I believe parts of North Minneapolis are very similar. The surrounding suburbs are shockingly, predictably white in contrast.
We also sport the nations largest concentration of Somalians and Hmongs in the nation.

And yes there are a lot whites in the burbs, but Minneapolis sports a range of minorities that I would hazard a guess is much broader then many cities of its size nation wide. Pretending like Blacks are the only minority is silly for one but Whites in 2012 made up 48% of Minneapolis population. It's far from the great "white" north that is being spouted in the ignorant post by K13R up above.