Marriage and the Power of Divorce

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Funny you should say that, as even on my desktop I use the mobile version. To each their own I suppose!

More on topic, spending months away from your SO sucks balls. Mainly because you are not getting your balls sucked.
frown.png
and text fighting is awesome...
Did she want a separation because you are a dirty heathen who uses the mobile version of this site on your desktop?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Mobile on desktop?! Jesus Christ, man. I hope you don't have children.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Funny you should say that, as even on my desktop I use the mobile version. To each their own I suppose!

More on topic, spending months away from your SO sucks balls. Mainly because you are not getting your balls sucked.
frown.png
and text fighting is awesome...
I am in that boat. Moved to NC two weeks ago and the wife and kids are finishing up the school year and our lease back in CA so they will be out here before the summer ends. I might get a second job just to fill up more time. I have done deployments before in the military for a year at a time but as a result my time was more occupied. I have way too much free time and not enough things to do.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I am in that boat. Moved to NC two weeks ago and the wife and kids are finishing up the school year and our lease back in CA so they will be out here before the summer ends. I might get a second job just to fill up more time. I have done deployments before in the military for a year at a time but as a result my time was more occupied. I have way too much free time and not enough things to do.
Why don't you make those goddamn cakepops.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I use the full site on mobile because of the lack of a "new posts" button on mobile. I have become addicted to that and I can't be bothered to go clicking from forum to forum anymore.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the "new posts" is pretty much my go-to way of viewing the boards.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Don't know if this should go in the jimmies rustled thread or here, but here goes:

I'm annoyed at the weather and my kids because we signed up for soccer and spent X hundreds of dollars on league fees, uniforms, new cleats, new balls (they lost the balls we had) etc, and said to the wife "damn this soccer season has been a waste because of the weather and the kids don't really seem to be into it." -- mistake #1

This turns into my cheap ass asian wife saying shit like "yea you shouldn't have bought them new cleats, and what do you need new soccer balls for, they haven't even played yet" etc etc... like I was supposed to fucking know it was going to snow every week during the game/practice times. Guess I shouldn't have bought them shoes they could just squeeze into last years that are now 2 sizes too small. And I guess they can show up to practice with no ball.

Jimmies rustled because she complains on things based on results whether you could have known what was going to happen or whether it was your fault or not. Doesn't matter if you did everything right, if it turns out badly, there'll be complaining directed at you.

This kind of petty complaining is annoying because wtf. The money is inconsequential to us it's just idle fucking toxic negativity.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My wife does the same at times. I'll just look at her and say "go talk down to someone who cares enough to listen to it".

It makes her even more angry but at that point she knows she can't push buttons anymore because she won't get the responses she's looking for. At that point she leaves the room and I get at least a few hours to myself.

I've never understood complaining and trying to put down your significant other for the sake of feeling superior. If that's what you want to do, do it without me I figure.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I didn't know I did that until my girlfriend called me out on it one day. Shit would go wrong or I would have a shit day and I would "kill the messenger" or just get mad at the first person I saw which was usually her. I felt like a huge asshole when she called me out mainly because I was being a huge asshole. Now I get angry at something or have a shit day I just tell her leave me alone for an hour, I have to go be angry in the garage.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I didn't know I did that until my girlfriend called me out on it one day. Shit would go wrong or I would have a shit day and I would "kill the messenger" or just get mad at the first person I saw which was usually her. I felt like a huge asshole when she called me out mainly because I was being a huge asshole. Now I get angry at something or have a shit day I just tell her leave me alone for an hour, I have to go be angry in the garage.
So you stopped being a princess and turned into a man?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did she want a separation because you are a dirty heathen who uses the mobile version of this site on your desktop?
Mobile on desktop?! Jesus Christ, man. I hope you don't have children.
Lol, it's not a seperation and I do have 2 children! Sorry I didn't clarify. I'm out of town in Phoenix working and going to school, to change careers, while she's in Portland area where we will end up. My job ends here in June, and will move back up with her.
smile.png

Man you can't even see spoilers on the mobile version
That does get annoying, but if I really care, I just switch, and look, and then switch back! No big deal!
Feels bro. It sucks, and especially across the country where it's not at all cheap to go back and fourth.
frown.png

I use the full site on mobile because of the lack of a "new posts" button on mobile. I have become addicted to that and I can't be bothered to go clicking from forum to forum anymore.
There is a new posts button on mobile, you just have a couple clicks to get there. Click on the box in the top left, next to the search box, and then click on what's new. Easy peasy!
smile.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Lol, that's basically what happens now with my wife and I. She goes into the bedroom and browse the interned or whatever until she's to the point where she can act like a civil human being.

I make no mention of it because if I said "so, are you better now?" then I would be no better then how she was and we continue our day as if nothing happened. Seems to work most the time.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My wife does the same at times. I'll just look at her and say "go talk down to someone who cares enough to listen to it".

It makes her even more angry but at that point she knows she can't push buttons anymore because she won't get the responses she's looking for. At that point she leaves the room and I get at least a few hours to myself.

I've never understood complaining and trying to put down your significant other for the sake of feeling superior. If that's what you want to do, do it without me I figure.
There are many good things about having communication things like this in place so that you can do two things:
1. tell your SO that you're in a shit mood, and leave me the fuck alone for a while or I'm going to be ugly
2. tell your SO that (s)he's in a shit mood, and they better go the fuck away for a while and be alone so it doesn't get ugly

Communicating these things consistently and without heat is important. You know your partner well enough to know when you or they are just going to fuck things up because of your/their mood. Having a little alone time is key to getting yourself in a good headspace.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We communicated both of those yesterday. I woke up pissed off because it was snowing (I missed the news all week apparently) and was stamping around. She knew to lay off me for a bit. When I got home, after a 2.5 hour commute in and 1.5 hour commute home, I couldn't get into our driveway because plows are retarded in my neighborhood, I live at the end of a T intersection and it collects in front of my yard/driveway. She came home and saw all our trash barrels thrown into the yard by me, with me slamming snow all over the place and screaming obscenities.

She later said she was going to leave me alone because I was in a shit mood and I agreed I was in a shit mood and needed to cool off.

Neither of us felt the need to throw any backhanded remarks at eachother.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I had to give my girlfriend the talk when we first started dating. When I get home from a stressful day at work I need like 30 to 45 minutes of silence/relaxation or else I'm a huge asshole to everyone I see.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had to give my girlfriend the talk when we first started dating. When I get home from a stressful day at work I need like 30 to 45 minutes of silence/relaxation or else I'm a huge asshole to everyone I see.
Had the same talk with my wife, and she didn't understand why the silence of driving home was enough. She finally just accepted I need at least 10-15 minutes.