Marriage and the Power of Divorce

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
How I vent to my bros: "The fuckin' IT security team is all up in my shit again about the web services we put in the DMZ"

Their response: "Those mother fuckers. IT Security... like they ever actually do anything"

Then we drink a beer and eat wings.

Done.
mother fucker I will cut you

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
The best was when I was taking Circuits 101 in college, and I was having a hard time with a homework assignment. I actually understood it, but the program we were using to simulate the circuit was bugging out because of some value I was using it didn't like. She decided to help me with it, so she looked at my circuit with the look of a scholar really putting together a complex math formula together in their head and went "Ok, first things first, what is this squiggly? (Resistor)"
SPICE can be a player hater.

Also, fucking hilarious that she contemplated it deeply then asked what a resistor is. Probably like when I get dragged to an art museum, stare at the famous painting real hard, then wait for someone else to say something so I can agree. Except she didn't wait. Full retard revealed. Never go full retard.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
How I vent to my bros: "The fuckin' IT security team is all up in my shit again about the web services we put in the DMZ"

Their response: "Those mother fuckers. IT Security... like they ever actually do anything"

Then we drink a beer and eat wings.

Done.
Since I work in IT, I can sympathize with your issue. Girlfriends that want more detail than the "it was ok today" response can be dealt with. When she replies with "that's it? that's all you have to say?" just state the problem in technical terms, unfiltered. "well, the security team lifted the real-time AV scanner exclusions off my prod box, causing all my files to be locked and the I/O load on the server skyrocketed". She'll immediately stop asking, however the downside is that all the time you'd be expected talking about your day will be re-allocated to her so she can talk about hers instead.
smile.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I am generally pretty vague as well. If something pissed me off at work it isn't going to help at all to rehash it with my wife whereas the first thing she wants to do when she gets home is give me the long version of every little thing that happened that day. She also has a habit of asking the same question 5 different ways when she doesn't get the elaborate answer she wants. Not quite related to venting but we just had one of those conversations the other day when our house was appraised.

Her: "How did the appraisal go?"
Me: It was fine, he was in and out after about 20 minutes.
Her: "What did he have to say?"
Me: Nothing really, we'll get a copy of the report and bank asked him to not answer any questions and instead direct them to our loan officer.
Her: "So he didn't tell you what it was worth?"
Me: No
Her: "But so-and-so just got their house appraised and the appraiser gave them lots of information"
Me: We'll get a copy of the report and bank asked him to not answer any questions and instead direct them to our loan officer.
Her: Okay, I get that, but he didn't have ANYTHING to say at all about the house or anything, I mean not like how much it is worth but anything else?
Her: OOOOKKKKK..... well what did he do when he was here?
Me: Took some measurements outside and snapped a few photos inside.
Her: "What did he measure?"
(this is the point where I was beyond done with this conversation)
Me (curtly): The house
Her: "What did he take pictures of?"
Me (curtly): The rooms
Her:"Well I am just trying to understand what he did and I don't understand why he wouldn't tell you anything"
Me:I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVERY RELEVANT PIECE OF INFORMATION ABOUT HOW THE APPRAISAL WENT. NO MATTER HOW YOU ASK THE QUESTION NOTHING WILL CHANGE THE FACT HE CAME, MEASURED A FEW THINGS, SNAPPED A FEW PICTURES, TOLD ME WE'D GET A COPY OF THE REPORT AND THAT HE WASN'T SUPPOSED ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THEN HE LEFT! THAT IS LITERALLYALLTHAT HAPPENED!

... and now I'm in trouble for yelling and being a jerk. :/

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I am generally pretty vague as well. If something pissed me off at work it isn't going to help at all to rehash it with my wife whereas the first thing she wants to do when she gets home is give me the long version of every little thing that happened that day. She also has a habit of asking the same question 5 different ways when she doesn't get the elaborate answer she wants. Not quite related to venting but we just had one of those conversations the other day when our house was appraised.

Her: "How did the appraisal go?"
Me: It was fine, he was in and out after about 20 minutes.
Her: "What did he have to say?"
Me: Nothing really, we'll get a copy of the report and bank asked him to not answer any questions and instead direct them to our loan officer.
Her: "So he didn't tell you what it was worth?"
Her: "But so-and-so just got their house appraised and the appraiser gave them lots of information"
Me: We'll get a copy of the report and bank asked him to not answer any questions and instead direct them to our loan officer.
Her: Okay, I get that, but he didn't have ANYTHING to say at all about the house or anything, I mean not like how much it is worth but anything else?
Her: OOOOKKKKK..... well what did he do when he was here?
Me: Took some measurements outside and snapped a few photos inside.
Her: "What did he measure?"
(this is the point where I was beyond done with this conversation)
Me (curtly): The house
Her: "What did he take pictures of?"
Me (curtly): The rooms
Her:"Well I am just trying to understand what he did and I don't understand why he wouldn't tell you anything"
Me:I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVERY RELEVANT PIECE OF INFORMATION ABOUT HOW THE APPRAISAL WENT. NO MATTER HOW YOU ASK THE QUESTION NOTHING WILL CHANGE THE FACT HE CAME, MEASURED A FEW THINGS, SNAPPED A FEW PICTURES, TOLD ME WE'D GET A COPY OF THE REPORT AND THAT HE WASN'T SUPPOSED ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THEN HE LEFT! THAT IS LITERALLYALLTHAT HAPPENED!

... and now I'm in trouble for yelling and being a jerk. :/
Sorry I couldn't help laughing at this. I'm sure it is the other way in a lot of relationships but it seems like everyone I know, the female is emotional and needy and if you get mad, they get mad back at you for getting mad. While if the female gets mad, you're expected to reach out to her and make it better.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Sorry I couldn't help laughing at this. I'm sure it is the other way in a lot of relationships but it seems like everyone I know, the female is emotional and needy and if you get mad, they get mad back at you for getting mad. While if the female gets mad, you're expected to reach out to her and make it better.
ThisThisThis.. Ha..

Getting incrementally annoyed at incessant questioning until you eventually get visibly irritated, then having the conversation segue into you being "mean" is a Timeless Classic of the relationship world..

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, it is comical from a distance. Annoying in person. My wife is also the master of "you always turn everything around to be my fault" in an argument. Well of course I do, we wouldn't be arguing if I didn't think it was your fault!

The reality is we rarely do fight and/or have these incidents but it is amazing how when do we both fall into those classical cliche relationship roles.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it is comical from a distance. Annoying in person. My wife is also the master of "you always turn everything around to be my fault" in an argument. Well of course I do, we wouldn't be arguing if I didn't think it was your fault!

The reality is we rarely do fight and/or have these incidents but it is amazing how when we both fall into those classical cliche relationship roles.
Yea my wife doesn't respond well to "you should do less shit thats your fault then" either. Haha. Its fun to do it sometimes though.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Try "If you'd stop, think, and analyze the problem at hand before plunging in blindly due to an emotional response, you wouldn't have these problems and it wouldn't be your fault".

That goes over really well. Trust me..

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maintaining intimacy while in a long distance relationship, when one person (me) is way more into it and initiates via text, phone call, video, pics, and the other just says, I don't want too, is really fucking hard.
frown.png

She gives in sometimes, and texts me stuff after I pretty much beg her, but it kills the mood that she's not into it either. Then she expects all to be well when I do come home for the holiday weekends? wtf.

One side of me feels like I should be grateful she at least gives in sometimes, and the other side of me is pissed and upset that she's not even trying.

For clarification, this is my wife, not a crazy girlfriend, and I'm away working until my job ends in June.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Maintaining intimacy while in a long distance relationship, when one person (me) is way more into it and initiates via text, phone call, video, pics, and the other just says, I don't want too, is really fucking hard.
frown.png

She gives in sometimes, and texts me stuff after I pretty much beg her, but it kills the mood that she's not into it either. Then she expects all to be well when I do come home for the holiday weekends? wtf.

One side of me feels like I should be grateful she at least gives in sometimes, and the other side of me is pissed and upset that she's not even trying.

For clarification, this is my wife, not a crazy girlfriend, and I'm away working until my job ends in June.
Yea, it's over. She's already moved on bro.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
My wife stays home with the kids, and we have a 5 year old and twins that are 3. I commute about 51 miles each way for work, and by the time I get home I think she is more stressed out than I am. So regardless of the day I had, I usually try and take the kids off her hands so she can have a bit of a breather from them. Little monsters.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The best was when I was taking Circuits 101 in college, and I was having a hard time with a homework assignment. I actually understood it, but the program we were using to simulate the circuit was bugging out because of some value I was using it didn't like. She decided to help me with it, so she looked at my circuit with the look of a scholar really putting together a complex math formula together in their head and went "Ok, first things first, what is this squiggly? (Resistor)"
my wife is pretty damned good with Excel, I honestly don't know shit about it, but am good with math and conditional logic (though my HL programming may seem inferior to your LL experience heh). It cracks me up though because she'll get stuck working out some complex formula and ask me for help yet will get pissed if I ask for the computer. "I want you to tell me how to do it! not do it for me!." The problem is, I suck at "telling how," and am only really good at doing it myself - which I suspect is a common shortcoming of us in the trenches IT folk. Anyway, not really something we argue over, just something I find funny.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
frown.png

If you want advice on how to fix this, PM me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
SPICE can be a player hater.

Also, fucking hilarious that she contemplated it deeply then asked what a resistor is. Probably like when I get dragged to an art museum, stare at the famous painting real hard, then wait for someone else to say something so I can agree. Except she didn't wait. Full retard revealed. Never go full retard.
It was Multisim, I had some setting fucked up where the tolerances didn't like my stuff. She was genuinely trying to help, but with no electronic background at all.

iannis

Musty Nester
Did you do that thing, "Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. I know what some of these words mean!" to her?

Cause it would have been the perfect time.