Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I dunno. The whole "if this goes wrong, I could die" excitement is never really there in kickball.
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well i wasn't trying to imply that skydiving becomes boring, I can't ever imagine getting bored of it and I've never had a chance to do it. Hell, I think jumping without a chute is my #1 pick for committing suicide. I'm just saying the human factor adds a lot of randomness that a sport or hobby doesn't. I don't mean you should actually up and propose to this chick, but maybe there is a slim chance the relationship can be salvaged.

I do have a lot of experience with crazy/mental illness, and I can think of at least a couple reasons for her reaction that would mean the relationship could still continue on ground as solid as it ever was.

I dunno. The whole "if this goes wrong, I could die" excitement is never really there in kickball.
smile.png
You and me never played under the same kickball rules when we were kids.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I'm lying. Dodgeball was the real cut-throat sport when I was in grade school. We played german dodge ball, and like all things german, <holocaust_joke_01>.

In all seriousness we were about as competitive as you can possible imagine 9 and 10 year olds being. Helped that I was the only 4th grader whoever got picked for the 5th grade team, and even then I was usually stuck with the other 4th graders most days.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Admittedly, I did have a pilot chute (the part you pull) scare last weekend. Ended up practicing packing and pulling that thing for like 2 hours on Saturday afternoon. So sometimes you have unexpected excitement! I've never had a true malfunction though and I'm a terrible parachute packer (trash pack extraordinaire) but it always works out well for me!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the weight limit for tandem diving? I'm a big mother but I would love to jump!!

and to stay on topic, today is my anniversary. Wife and I doing well after 5 years married.
smile.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
and to stay on topic, today is my anniversary. Wife and I doing well after 5 years married.
smile.png
Abandon ship, dude. She's clearly not interested any more. Run for the hills.

Fuck, sorry. My auto-response script kicked in.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
How committed to this guy is your girlfriend? Have they already discussed stock portfolios and savings?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
she's just a used up whore, uh, beta bucks, man reciting the red pill stuff is harder than I though.

Grats on 5 years! I think you're past the first major divorce hump.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Uh, she vaguely knows that I go to this site often, but doesn't know what this site is. If that makes sense. I know for certain shes never perused the boards though.

Committed enough to say that she is heartbroken over him despite that she knows he doesn't care and she can't do anything about it because Australia. I heard her say that meeting him was like fire and some other shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
All we played was wall-ball. But sometimes we chucked rocks at him instead of the tennis ball if the dude was too slow, or he did the fake out 2nd ball thing. Getting pegged with rocks sucks.

I dunno man. 4 years and she pulls a "I just met my aussie soul mate and he doesn't like me and will you be my besty now?". There is an integral part of this story which is missing. Because either you were supporting her financially, which you say no. That is the most obvious one. Or she has finally done too many drugs and her brain has completely gone to mush. Or she's always been this way and you sobered up for long enough to notice.

And not a bit of that is running either of you down. But even for a free love no strings tomorrow we die sort of lifestyle that shit just doesn't make any sense. 4 years is a long time, is what I'm sayin. dubbya tee eff. That's not cute crazy. That's like legit I'm having a nervous breakdown crazy.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Look man, I don't know how to tell you this. But there is no financial incentive here. We both make about the same. I believe I did my best to illustrate that this was completely out of character (even for her) and unexpected by me. I apologize for not illustrating my current mental state accurately. The situation sucks, it isn't like I can shed digital tears here now is it? It isn't like I can do a lot about it, so I need to look forward.

iannis

Musty Nester
Look man, I don't know how to tell you this. But there is no financial incentive here. We both make about the same. I believe I did my best to illustrate that this was completely out of character (even for her) and unexpected by me. I apologize for not illustrating my current mental state accurately. The situation sucks, it isn't like I can shed digital tears here now is it? It isn't like I can do a lot about it, so I need to look forward.
Yeah, I get that. But yall were like "Y u think that he was supporting her tho?" Well, because unless you're both like 15 years old it's the most obvious thing that makes this situation make any sort of sense at all. But I was wrong. That's cool. That mamacita is just batshit loco.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I get that. But yall were like "Y u think that he was supporting her tho?" Well, because unless you're both like 15 years old it's the most obvious thing that makes this situation make any sort of sense at all. But I was wrong. That's cool. That mamacita is just batshit loco.
I don't know, I've run into people a couple times in my life that just seemed 100 percent perfect for me, and kind of made me question decisions I have made. She's been with him for 4 years, I would guess that maybe the last couple have been a little bit growing apart, she ran into a dude that made her reevaluate yher life, she's in a unique position not being married to just walk away. It's obvious she knows there's no chance with Australian guy, but meeting him has put the idea in her head there's other guys out there who she would be more compatible with, and so she's taking that. Not saying it's not a shitty situation, but it doesn't seem like an overly complex one either.