Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
MMOs are pretty unique in that they're basically the only hobby that both requires a specific time commitment and doesn't require you to leave the house. If you play on a sports team your wife obviously knows you're not available when you're not present, but with MMOs that's less clear.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love hearing some of these stories and many ring true for myself. I often fall asleep watching movies or shows that my wife wants to watch. However for whatever reason this bothers her and she would continually ask me if I am sleeping until I awake up and reply to her. This does not happen to often anymore as I once woke up like bear out of hibernation, Screaming WTF does it matter if I am asleep or not I am sitting on the fucking couch right next to you!

I also had an ex who actually bought me the Ps1 and she was pissed that I then wanted to play it.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I will say that games without a pause button, like all MMOS and the From Software Souls games, piss my wife off a lot. She hates me not being able to pause and do stuff with her at a moment's notice. The irony in this is that we met playing EQ together for years, so she is herself an MMO vet. It really is all psychological, though, because we play Dragon Age MP together side by side on our PS4s and everything is hunky dory. She just wants to spend time doing stuff with me, which I greatly appreciate, so I don't get angry with her grumping when I play the occasional Souls game. Hell, she even took up playing in Warhammer tournaments with me all over the country.

Basic point, I think some of you guys are marrying showboat wives and finding out that its high maintenance bullshit. Those of us who married our best friends and share hobbies don't get hit with those issues as much. I really think some of the people posting here would be better served just shacking up with a bangmaid.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I dont know man, you got 3 tv's and multiple consoles in your bedroom. That sounds cool to 13 year old noodleface.

Ok.. it sounds cool to 31 year old noodleface too

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I will say that games without a pause button, like all MMOS and the From Software Souls games, piss my wife off a lot. She hates me not being able to pause and do stuff with her at a moment's notice. The irony in this is that we met playing EQ together for years, so she is herself an MMO vet. It really is all psychological, though, because we play Dragon Age MP together side by side on our PS4s and everything is hunky dory. She just wants to spend time doing stuff with me, which I greatly appreciate, so I don't get angry with her grumping when I play the occasional Souls game. Hell, she even took up playing in Warhammer tournaments with me all over the country.

Basic point, I think some of you guys are marrying showboat wives and finding out that its high maintenance bullshit. Those of us who married our best friends and share hobbies don't get hit with those issues as much. I really think some of the people posting here would be better served just shacking up with a bangmaid.
Well I think that any situation is a compromise. There's lots of things I'm happy with my wife about. Let me make a list:

1> She does not spend my money. She is cheap as fuck. This is a ridiculously admirable quality.
2> She spends multiple hours a day cleaning the house. This can be annoying when I want her to do something else, but hey, clean house? Free? Great.
3> She is smart. She works in finance and has an MBA. I don't have to dumb down the shit I discuss with her.
4> She has a high sex drive and is always down for whatever. This needs no explanation.
5> She looks stunning whenever we go out, which by extension makes me look good too.
6> Her genetics have given me ridiculously handsome kids.
7> She doesn't play any games with me or engage in any tit-for-tat in the relationship; we are honest with each other and have a very clean relationship in that whatever we need to talk about, we just talk about. A lot of people seem to have no-go issues with their spouse, for us it's all on the table.

For that, no relationship is perfect. She often wants me to come talk to her (basically entertain her) at times when she is just doing bullshit. She likes to watch a show and go to bed together at night, which is fine but often I could be doing something else productive, but this is our time together. Usually fine, but for her routines are pretty rigid. Because she doesn't like spending money, she'll hound me about buying stuff too, which is usually ok because it keeps me from overspending but other times, fuck its only a few bucks leave me alone. Nobody is perfect!

But often times you just hear us complain, when actually our wives are pretty great people. This is the complaint thread after all.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I think that any situation is a compromise. There's lots of things I'm happy with my wife about. Let me make a list:

1> She does not spend my money. She is cheap as fuck. This is a ridiculously admirable quality.
2> She spends multiple hours a day cleaning the house. This can be annoying when I want her to do something else, but hey, clean house? Free? Great.
3> She is smart. She works in finance and has an MBA. I don't have to dumb down the shit I discuss with her.
4> She has a high sex drive and is always down for whatever. This needs no explanation.
5> She looks stunning whenever we go out, which by extension makes me look good too.
6> Her genetics have given me ridiculously handsome kids.
7> She doesn't play any games with me or engage in any tit-for-tat in the relationship; we are honest with each other and have a very clean relationship in that whatever we need to talk about, we just talk about. A lot of people seem to have no-go issues with their spouse, for us it's all on the table.

For that, no relationship is perfect. She often wants me to come talk to her (basically entertain her) at times when she is just doing bullshit. She likes to watch a show and go to bed together at night, which is fine but often I could be doing something else productive, but this is our time together. Usually fine, but for her routines are pretty rigid. Because she doesn't like spending money, she'll hound me about buying stuff too, which is usually ok because it keeps me from overspending but other times, fuck its only a few bucks leave me alone. Nobody is perfect!

But often times you just hear us complain, when actually our wives are pretty great people. This is the complaint thread after all.
The lesson here is. Marry an Asian.

Also, none of what you married men have been saying sounds like complaining to me honestly. It's just normal everyday venting. Nobody is perfect and is everything you want them to be 100% of the time. There isn't a single person on earth that if I spent every damn day with I wouldn't get annoyed by at one time or another.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Shit, this is just the maturation of the girls who broke your heart thread, the complaining does not indicate that it is the women who broke your spirit thread. Also Cad I'm curious does or did she give you shit about the Porsche/expensive car?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Also Cad I'm curious does or did she give you shit about the Porsche/expensive car?
Not really. I get pretty good deals on my cars and don't lose that much money driving them. I also work from home so I don't put too many miles on them so they keep resale value pretty well. Ironic that she doesn't mind me buying an $85k Porsche but will gripe if I get a Monster at the convenient store instead of Walmart. Lol, asians.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The lesson here is. Marry an Asian.
I would stay single if I only had white chicks to choose from. Seriously. Every one I know has fucking mental problems and acts like a princess.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You do realize that you literally hit the chick lottery jackpot though, right? Attractive women that like video games and fully condone turning the bedroom into an E-sport auditorium are basically anomalies. Find me an attractive chick that wants to talk min/maxxing my Po:E Cipher build followed by a BJ and I'll send you a finder's fee of 5K lol.. Half the chicks out there don't even want a TV in the bedroom, let alone multiple TV's and gaming systems..

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife used to be up in my grill about certain purchases. I don't drink coffee so I usually have a no-carb/sugar Monster in the mornings to supplement my energy. She'd get pissy and tell me it was bad for me, while she was drinking soda at night.

The easiest solution was we each took out spending money each week for gas/food/etc. This way she can't bitch at me for buying a Monster everyday and I can't bitch at her for wherever the hell her money goes (NO IDEA)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah pretty much. It's basically "attention jealousy". They just can't stand the fact that you prefer to give attention to some virtual world over them. Worse, they absolutely go bonkers at the concept that you can't just drop a MMO at any moment to give them attention. It doesn't even matter that they don't have a good reason to try and interrupt you most of the time-- "conceptually" they simply can't abide by it. That's the reason why whenever you sit down to play, suddenly they come up with all sorts of shit they want you to do "now", despite "now" not being necessary. The number of fights I've had over this phenomena in my lifetime is legion, and is one of the primary reasons why I don't play MMORPG's anymore. Drove me fucking nuts.
My wife used to suddenly get horny when I was raiding. She would come sit on my knee and start kissing me me while I was in the middle of a fight. It's hard to be mad at that. I was never able to get her to blow me during a raid though. But, I turned that to my advantage. If the game is on, she has no clue if I'm raiding or not, so if I'm horny and she's not in the mood, I can just fire up EQ2 and about half the time she suddenly gets in the mood.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Stop quoting my dad.
Hey.. once you've seen how a 50% americanized (i.e. not born here and came here when very young, or born here but still raised in mostly the asian way) asian woman acts, you will have 0 fucking patience for the games white american chicks play. Just seriously you only get 1 life and spending it putting up with that nonsense is just stupid.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There are white (and black) women who don't play those games. I guess it's just vastly different experiences but it's hard to relate to. How many white women are there? Ten of millions and they all act the same? I don't think so.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
There are white (and black) women who don't play those games. I guess it's just vastly different experiences but it's hard to relate to. How many white women are there? Ten of millions and they all act the same? I don't think so.
No they don't all act the same, but american culture is just that way. These girls are raised on romantic comedies. Their expectations are just a lot different.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hey.. once you've seen how a 50% americanized (i.e. not born here and came here when very young, or born here but still raised in mostly the asian way) asian woman acts, you will have 0 fucking patience for the games white american chicks play. Just seriously you only get 1 life and spending it putting up with that nonsense is just stupid.
Don't get me wrong, I mostly agree. I've travelled all over the world and met all sorts of cultures, and North American women are by far the most entitled and difficult to deal with. I certainly don't blame my dad one bit going the Asian route after his first two Caucasian wives. Not a month goes by where he doesn't state exactly what you've written.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No they don't all act the same, but american culture is just that way. These girls are raised on romantic comedies. Their expectations are just a lot different.
Truer words cannot be spoken about American women. I love that stupid "fresh off the boat" show because the mother's character honestly is how every non American born Asian woman I've ever met acts. Like Cad said, they understand the importance of status and success but don't waste money on bullshit and keep "their house in order" so to speak. And you will never be able to match the ambition of an Asian woman in any other culture.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Truer words cannot be spoken about American women. I love that stupid "fresh off the boat" show because the mother's character honestly is how every non American born Asian woman I've ever met acts. Like Cad said, they understand the importance of status and success but don't waste money on bullshit and keep "their house in order" so to speak. And you will never be able to match the ambition of an Asian woman in any other culture.
That show really is not a parody. The mom acts in many ways a lot like my wife. No shit. Now she has no tits, which is a deal breaker, but otherwise....