Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And you can argue American males are equally to blame being brought up on shows and film showing inferior women always deferring to the male for direction. Or, you know, people are different and to try and paint "Asian women are sooooo much better!" is fucking lucarious when you're talking about millions upon millions of people.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
And you can argue American males are equally to blame being brought up on shows and film showing inferior women always deferring to the male for direction. Or, you know, people are different and to try and paint "Asian women are sooooo much better!" is fucking lucarious when you're talking about millions upon millions of people.
Thats fair, they are all individuals and like any large population of individuals there will be exceptions, even large numbers of exceptions. I'm talking about the trend here. And I'd like the trend to be on my side because your information is often very imperfect when you're trying to make a marriage decision.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife used to suddenly get horny when I was raiding. She would come sit in my knee and start kissing me me while I was in the middle of a fight. It's hard to be mad at that. I was never able to get her to blow me during a raid though. But, I turned that to my advantage. If the game is on, she has no clue if I'm raiding or not, so if I'm horny and she's not in the mood, I can just fire up EQ2 and about half the time she suddenly gets in the mood.
I find this hilarious! lol

"Hrm, she's not in the mood? Time to go organize the EQ2 bank inventory!"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well this is obviously 100% true. But as a man who grew up on Long Island I really hate the American Princess ideal, with a fucking passion.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Also the idea that asian women defer to you or look to you for direction is fucking lol-worthy unless she's a bangmaid FOB. Only people who have never dated asian-born asians think thats true of them.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
American women have created themselves a fictional paradox of what they want out of a man/relationship, specifically because of the aforementioned romantic comedies, reality TV, and a society that now wholesale rejects anything that was previously associated with a female's role, like cooking. If you look at your average chick's online dating profile, it's a mass of almost schizophrenic contradictions. "Confident but not cocky", "aggressive but kind", "Successful but not a workaholic", "in shape but not too into himself"... The list goes on.

Khane

American women have created themselves a fictional paradox of what they want out of a man/relationship, specifically because of the aforementioned romantic comedies, reality TV, and a society that now wholesale rejects anything that was previously associated with a female's role, like cooking. If you look at your average chick's online dating profile, it's a mass of almost schizophrenic contradictions. "Confident but not cocky", "aggressive but kind", "Successful but not a workaholic", "in shape but not too into himself"... The list goes on.
Romantic comedies aren't the culprit. Disney is. Fuck Walt Disney, he single handedly ruined generations of American Women.

Tenks

Well this is obviously 100% true. But as a man who grew up on Long Island I really hate the American Princess ideal, with a fucking passion.
*Shrug*. What about Japanese males who want to start a family? Sure they can find a women in Japan who is willing to go the traditional wife route but the odds are against him. Very similar to NJ. Sure there may be more princesses over there than usual but that doesn't mean they aren't easily identifiable and just move on if they're not your cup of tea.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How are those contradictions? You can't be successful without being a workaholic? You can't be confident without being cocky? You can't be in shape but not be too in to yourself? I really don't get that. I don't know if you're just making up bad examples that aren't actually ones they use, but those don't really fly. Just sounds like they want or are stating positive qualities without them going so extreme they become negative.

Khane

*Shrug*. What about Japanese males who want to start a family? Sure they can find a women in Japan who is willing to go the traditional wife route but the odds are against him. Very similar to NJ. Sure there may be more princesses over there than usual but that doesn't mean they aren't easily identifiable and just move on if they're not your cup of tea.
I think you're missing what I'm saying. I'm saying of course you're right, different things work for different people, I'm just offering opinions here based on my own personal tastes. Venting about how much I can't stand the "princess" ideal.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Update First:

Packed up my stuff and moving it into the moving van tonight after work and moving to my new place tomorrow morning. Still about 50/50 on the whole thing although there is nothing I can do about it. But I aim to get over this quickly as a lot you are right (surprisingly?) and I have completely lost all patience for this shit. I have no time to dwell on it since it wont do anything. Which is strange because I am generally extremely patient.

Kind of awkward living with her the past few weeks. She's done her damnedest to avoid me the whole time. But I can't say that the entitlement mentality is a white girl thing. My now Ex grew up in Panama, and I am still the 8.5/10 (I moved up in the past few weeks apparently) of whom she deserves a 10/10. Although Latinas are known for drama. Somehow I just don't think she's going to find that 10/10. You can find something wrong with anyone if you want to.

But let us see what awaits on the green pastures of Austin. So to speak.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
How are those contradictions? You can't be successful without being a workaholic? You can't be confident without being cocky? You can't be in shape but not be too in to yourself? I really don't get that. I don't know if you're just making up bad examples that aren't actually ones they use, but those don't really fly. Just sounds like they want or are stating positive qualities without them going so extreme they become negative.
Because almost by definition they are overlapping pathologies. At best, there is a fine line differentiating the two states, and it is entirely unrealistic to want one without expecting at least some of the other. A guy that spends eight hours a week on his biceps and washboard abs will generally be "into himself", just like a 9 female will most likely be "into herself". It's extremely hard not to be confident without also appearing cocky.. Finally, unless you're some trust fund kid or have some cushy high paying job that landed on your lap, financial success rarely happens without lots of extra work.. I haven't met a successful doctor, lawyer, or investment banker that doesn't put in way more hours than your average employee..

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bet in a year or less, you will look back at this with a big sigh of relief that you dodged a fucked-up future. Austin is a good singles city, go enjoy it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Because almost by definition they are overlapping pathologies. At best, there is a fine line differentiating the two states, and it is entirely unrealistic to want one without expecting at least some of the other. A guy that spends eight hours a week on his biceps and washboard abs will generally be "into himself", just like a 9 female will most likely be "into herself". It's extremely hard not to be confident without also appearing cocky.. Finally, unless you're some trust fund kid or have some cushy high paying job that landed on your lap, financial success rarely happens without lots of extra work.. I haven't met a successful doctor, lawyer, or investment banker that doesn't put in way more hours than your average employee..
I don't think by definition they're overlapping... the negative position is the extreme of the positive position. It's like most things done to an extreme. If you play video games a few hours a day, it's a fun hobby. If you play it 12 hours a day and forsake real life, then it's a problem. If you're confident and become more confident, there's a chance you've become cocky. Being assertive isn't the same as being an ass. Being in shape can be about being healthy and feeling good about yourself and not trying to get the attention of everyone around you. Successful could just mean a well paying job or doing something you love. I make 100K and I'm far from a workaholic. But you seem to read into those phrases the extremes. Do you think maybe your own expectations and judgments are coloring your understanding of those phrases in ways the women don't mean? Maybe you feel like you "just can't win" with these kind of phrases but I see it as just another way of saying, "I like attractive qualities as long as they don't become obsessive and extreme." If anything, it seems like a tautology not worth putting in a profile, but not a contradiction.

Khane

Update First:

Packed up my stuff and moving it into the moving van tonight after work and moving to my new place tomorrow morning. Still about 50/50 on the whole thing although there is nothing I can do about it. But I aim to get over this quickly as a lot you are right (surprisingly?) and I have completely lost all patience for this shit. I have no time to dwell on it since it wont do anything. Which is strange because I am generally extremely patient.

Kind of awkward living with her the past few weeks. She's done her damnedest to avoid me the whole time. But I can't say that the entitlement mentality is a white girl thing. My now Ex grew up in Panama, and I am still the 8.5/10 (I moved up in the past few weeks apparently) of whom she deserves a 10/10. Although Latinas are known for drama. Somehow I just don't think she's going to find that 10/10. You can find something wrong with anyone if you want to.

What do you mean "somehow I just don't think she's going to find a 10/10". Of course she isn't. 10/10 is a fantasy, a hollywood ideal. It doesn't exist. 8.5 is pretty fucking good, she's immature and naive.

Tenks

Unless by 10/10 he means an insecure rich dude who is more concerned with how the girl looks hanging off his arm than how well she holds a conversation then yeah maybe she can find that.