Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Have you talked to her about it? I'm with these guys, it sounds like she might not be all that happy either. It sounds like maybe you should sit down, tell her that you're not sure where the relationship is going, that while you guys are great friends, you might not have much of a future past that, and the longer you stay in this situation the more time you are both losing in a situation that's not ever going to be what either of you truly want. It's not that either one of you are particularly unhappy, but neither one of you are really happy either, and that's achievable.

It sounds to me like she's comfortable, it might not be perfect, but its not bad, so she's settling. You want more. That's my take.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
See last post in the Marriage thread is from Onoes.

Click on post and see it is him giving advice.

Feel crushing disappointment set in.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The "long time to get ready" thing is just a fact of life you'll need to deal with. I'm sure there's a mathematical formula that could be invented that predicts how long they take to get ready based on how hot they are. In my experience, the hotter they are, the longer they take to get ready AND the more they will actually run you late for whatever commitment she's getting dressed for in the first place. You might as well whine that it's unfair that fire is hot, because no amount of effort/wishing will change this.. For me, the greatest irritation became not the length of time it took them to get ready(you can mitigate the irritation by expecting them to be late from the start), but the fact that they like to parade out various items of clothing and expect detailed feedback beyond "yeah, the red dress is way hotter"...

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
The woman I was with for 15 years was never on time for anything. I can't think of a single time where she wasn't late. It made me want to go all HULK SMASH so many times.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think he's expecting him to be another version of himself. People are different, personalities are different.

My wife takes two hours to get ready too...why does this bother you? I play a game or watch some TV or do whatever I want, her taking two hours to get ready literally has no effect on my day what so ever. I don't get why it bothers you.

Like Tenks said I believe, maybe she doesn't like skiing? You got mad she didn't want to play a board game? Maybe she was tired? Who knows, whatever the reason, I don't get the big deal there. She sounds like a person with introverted tendencies with maybe a case of mild depression. You said you get along, you have similar interests and she likes being around you...whats the issue?

My wife doesn't play games with me and I go on fishing trips to the cabin that she goes on, she stays in the cabin or lays out in the sun while I'm out in the boat. She's not big on fishing, we still spend evenings together and have fun. That seems a lot like your skiing experience to me.

It's good to know what you expect out of your SO but at the same time, you have to understand they are their own person too.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
My wife takes an hour to get ready. You adjust the schedule accordingly and play some Playstation until 10 minutes before and then finish up your shit and leave. Don't stress and don't bitch. She takes the time to look good and its much harder for a woman to age than a man. People expect you to be chubby and balding and if you aren't you are certainly the exception. The standards placed on woman are a wee bit higher.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
See last post in the Marriage thread is from Onoes.

Click on post and see it is him giving advice.

Feel crushing disappointment set in.
If it makes you feel better I spend the weekend in Phoenix helping my girlfriend of two months pack up, as she just sold her house and is moving in with me. Everything is going splendidly, though I expect nothing but "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?!" from you guys, hence me not posting about it.

Feels good, feels right. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out, but I'm incredibly optimistic, as always.

She seems like a keeper, time will tell. I'm pretty madly in love. ^_^

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My wife takes an hour to get ready. You adjust the schedule accordingly and play some Playstation until 10 minutes before and then finish up your shit and leave. Don't stress and don't bitch. She takes the time to look good and its much harder for a woman to age than a man. People expect you to be chubby and balding and if you aren't you are certainly the exception. The standards placed on woman are a wee bit higher.
Exactly. My wife is far from a glam whore but she wants to look good because she thinks it reflects on her family more than herself. I tell her thats silly but women gonna be women. I play a game and everyone's happy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it makes you feel better I spend the weekend in Phoenix helping my girlfriend of two months pack up, as she just sold her house and is moving in with me. Everything is going splendidly, though I expect nothing but "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?!" from you guys, hence me not posting about it.

Feels good, feels right. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out, but I'm incredibly optimistic, as always.

See, not that long ago this story would have shocked the hell out of me, but now that we know the horns are gone, your stories have lost their oomph.

You're not the star of the thread anymore Onoes, you're just another schlub.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Two months is too soon bro.. Too soon. Latent crazy usually doesn't rear its head until the romance phase is over, which typically occurs around months 3-4. You need to make it past this phase before moving in together..

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife takes awhile too, sometimes I'll even hear her in there shaving the landing pad. While I appreciate coming home to that, we don't need it done to go to my parents house.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My wife takes awhile too, sometimes I'll even hear her in there shaving the landing pad. While I appreciate coming home to that, we don't need it done to go to my parents house.
You never know what kind of shit can go down bro, better to be prepared.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Love can make you hot blooded, but when it goes wrong it can be as cold as ice. You feel like you are playing head games, so bad you get double vision and you rev on the red line. Some of the things the two of you do make you feel like a dirty white boy. It should feel like you were waiting on a girl like her. You could say the feeling is urgent.

And I'm spent.
latest

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I moved in with my now wife after a couple months so I can't be the guy saying it's a bad idea, but then again I did not have the track record onoes has.