Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Jebus on a broom playing quidditch. I'm astounded at the view many people here have of women.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be a dick, nor am I calling anyone else a dick for their views, it's just surprising to me. Maybe I'm not that bright, but it surprises me in the same way that racism does - yeah, deeply racist people exist, it just surprises me when I encounter someone being blatantly racist. Saying all women only operate in a specific way (not positive) is not my experience. I know several women who ended up filing for divorce with no plans to have any romantic relationship. And they have remained that way for years. Are these women abnormalities? Are they disfunctional? Should they be slapped because they don't have a man to land on and make life better?

I am confuse.
1. Those women were probably the kind who would cut off their noses to spite their face. More on the crazy side of the spectrum than the conniving.
2. This is the grownup section. You're expected to know that absolute statements are always false.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This thread is full of absolutes about women that are generally just anecdotal bullshit or, even when true, still probably miss describing a huge chunk of women. I think some of these personal stories tell as much about the specific men telling them and their choices as they do about women in general.
And how is the "evidence" you, Lurking, or anyone are offering else any less anecdotal, exactly? It's a pretty common, generally held belief amongst men that have had more than a relationship with their hand or their high-school sweet-heart that women don't let go of their current branch until they have a new one to swing to.

"You guys and your anecdotal evidence are wrong! Here's some anecdotal evidence of my own to prove it!" - that's essentially what you guys are saying.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think he's just saying, and something I agree with, that a ton of guys in this thread probably do a really shitty job of selecting their long term partners. I don't think any chick just suddenly does a 180 and decides to become crazy. The signs were there and were probably chosen to be ignored. It is similar to girls who date nothing but assholes and douchebags then lament "There are no good guys left out there!" In this thread it is basically "There are no sane, attractive women out there!" Then you realize they were crazy the entire time. Or the non-insane girl was cast aside because she didn't want to perform a blumpkin so she must be a prude.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd say it has more to do with how bitter people become when something they were hoping might be forever turns into shit and ends. I don't think it's as much "This person was always crazy and you just ignored it" as "This situation is making this person lash out and act crazy"

Immature is probably a better word than crazy though.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Women never leave a relationship without having another one ready to go.
This is the main reason I am convinced that Onoes ex was almost certainly fucking around on him before they actually divorced. That and the mountain of evidence he had of her trying to bang one of his buddies....

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think he's just saying, and something I agree with, that a ton of guys in this thread probably do a really shitty job of selecting their long term partners. I don't think any chick just suddenly does a 180 and decides to become crazy. The signs were there and were probably chosen to be ignored. It is similar to girls who date nothing but assholes and douchebags then lament "There are no good guys left out there!" In this thread it is basically "There are no sane, attractive women out there!" Then you realize they were crazy the entire time. Or the non-insane girl was cast aside because she didn't want to perform a blumpkin so she must be a prude.
This is true of people in general, actually. Fact is often you don't know someone well enough to look past your own optimism until it is too late a lot of times.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And how is the "evidence" you, Lurking, or anyone are offering else any less anecdotal, exactly? It's a pretty common, generally held belief amongst men that have had more than a relationship with their hand or their high-school sweet-heart that women don't let go of their current branch until they have a new one to swing to.

"You guys and your anecdotal evidence are wrong! Here's some anecdotal evidence of my own to prove it!" - that's essentially what you guys are saying.
Because it's a commonly held belief it must be true or very accurate?

I'm not making the absolute statements. I realize the limit of my experiences. That's the main difference. I don't think I should treat new women in my life based on what previous women did because there is so much variety in behavior. I should evaluate similarity in behavior if it exists, maybe, but not use sweeping generalizations. The women I've dated have been different and I'd be hard pressed to find an attribute or behavior that fit them all.

Now, you could say a lot of the absolutes are hyperbole and that might be true but I think a lot of the people saying them truly believe them.

DickTrickle

Yep. Just look back at this thread and see how many guys talk about staying with someone because they were hot or the sex was great even though there were plenty of red flags. Pretty poor decision making. And yet many of these same guys talk about how rational they are and how crazy and irrational women are. All that time spent on red flag territory is time not spent on better quality women.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Do you think it's possible to be with a woman for a while with no 'red flags'?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
There's a strong correlation between attractiveness level and The Crazy. Similarly, there's also a strong correlation between attractiveness and conceited behavior or a "high maintenance" attitude. If you are able to target 7-10's with regularity, your anecdotal experiences will favor relationships whereby an inordinate amount of women will be "crazy" and/or high maintenance. Plenty of sane, responsible, self-sufficient 1-6's out there.

Tenks

There are plenty of extremely attractive women out there who have no maturity issues or "crazy" issues. I do feel there is a correlation between females who put an extreme amount of emphasis on their looks and garnering attention defining themselves as a person and being immature, though. Like you probably won't find a rational girl (at least past like 25) wearing a shirt with her tits hanging out and booty shorts riding up her ass. But thats the one the majority of guys will gravitate towards because it is all on display and may be attractive in an easier to see way.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is the main reason I am convinced that Onoes ex was almost certainly fucking around on him before they actually divorced. That and the mountain of evidence he had of her trying to bang one of his buddies....
I didn't think that was up for debate, was it? Not only did he catch her red handed TRYING to cheat, she displayed EVERY common trait of cheating: getting in much better shape out of the blue, not fucking Onoes, hanging out with a new group of friends that party all the time, getting home really late unexpectedly, not wanting him to see her phone. If she wasn't cheating on him, I guarantee she was making every effort to.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sorry I never said attractive women out there with no maturity issues who will also be huge into ass play and have no problem with 3 somes
I'm not into threesomes. And if she isn't into ass play then obviously she's crazy.

Tenks

I'm not into threesomes. And if she isn't into ass play then obviously she's crazy.
I think a girl can be sexually open and not crazy but it is even further adding to a checklist of things a girl must meet so it lowers your pool. At some point in time you just need to rank your must-haves not dissimilar to purchasing a house and become realistic unless you yourself are a perfect human being.

DickTrickle

There are plenty of extremely attractive women out there who have no maturity issues or "crazy" issues. I do feel there is a correlation between females who put an extreme amount of emphasis on their looks and garnering attention defining themselves as a person and being immature, though. Like you probably won't find a rational girl (at least past like 25) wearing a shirt with her tits hanging out and booty shorts riding up her ass. But thats the one the majority of guys will gravitate towards because it is all on display and may be attractive in an easier to see way.
Yep. It's a joke that all attractive women are crazy or immature. If someone is really flaunting themselves they yeah, they might need attention way too much -- though they get rewarded for that attention seeking by men who then bitch about it. But that doesn't mean someone can't be attractive and not be an attention whore, especially when you try to make an absolute declaration out of attractive being crazy.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
If every generalization is going to be pounced upon to clarify the rare exception, then we might as well just shut down this whole thread now. There are SOME 8-10's out there that are not crazy, conceited, or entitled, but they are RARE. Not white unicorn level of rare, but rare enough that they get to basically pick whomever they want to date.

And yes, the crazier they are in general, the "crazier" they are in bed, but imho once they reach 35 or so they are all mostly "crazy" in bed. By 40 they're pretty much up for anything.