Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Also tell her the dog really helped in picking up said skanks, bitches love skanks, or skanks love bitches, I'm confused.
Too late, she already accused me of using the dog's uber cuteness to attract Fresh Pussy. She had a meltdown when she found out that I was "still" taking the dog to the same park we used to go to.. As if the break-up should have somehow dictated that I now needed to frequent a new dog park. She must have sent me a total of five txts/voicemails asking if the dog was as nice to the "sluts" as he was with her. Based on her apoplectic meltdown, My response of "he loves anybody that scratches his ass and feeds him" was NOT the answer she was looking for.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are you still talking to her? You don't have anything keeping you tied to her like divorced people with kids, give that nutto the cold shoulder.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I don't get is Onoes talks all about how much he cares about his kids and all that but has no problem with bringing in some lady to live with him (and thus them) that he's known for a couple months. I wonder if they've even interacted at all? I could definitely see the ex having some legitimate concerns there, outside of jealousy.
Or the kids could end up resentful ofher. Also their mom could try to put shit in their heads to make them dislike the new woman. Wouldn't be the first time some shit like that has happened.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Why are you still talking to her? You don't have anything keeping you tied to her like divorced people with kids, give that nutto the cold shoulder.
This. Unless there are children involved, wtf do you need to keep in contact with an ex?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This. Unless there are children involved, wtf do you need to keep in contact with an ex?
I had broken off all contact and was ignoring her, but my dad had an aneurysm back in Canada which required a same day flight out of Dallas, and she was the only one I could call in such short order that I trusted to watch the dog. Last time I left him at a boarding kennel for a week he came back with multiple infections. Basically I've negotiated that she stay out of my life in exchange for me letting her watch the dog whenever I go out of town, but she tests those limits whenever she can.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Women never leave a relationship without having another one ready to go.
Anecdotal evidence and all... My ex had a new guy supposedly only a "week" after she told me she was filing for divorce. Yeah. Didn't believe that shit for a second.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anecdotal evidence and all... My ex had a new guy supposedly only a "week" after she told me she was filing for divorce. Yeah. Didn't believe that shit for a second.
Why is that hard to believe, especially if she was the one filing for divorce? She'd probably mentally checked out much earlier and was already looking.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Of course women don't leave until they find a new man. Women are boring as shit. I bet every single guy in this thread would never hang out with women again if they were celibate. Women don't even like hanging out with other women for more than a few hours at a time.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Jebus on a broom playing quidditch. I'm astounded at the view many people here have of women.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be a dick, nor am I calling anyone else a dick for their views, it's just surprising to me. Maybe I'm not that bright, but it surprises me in the same way that racism does - yeah, deeply racist people exist, it just surprises me when I encounter someone being blatantly racist. Saying all women only operate in a specific way (not positive) is not my experience. I know several women who ended up filing for divorce with no plans to have any romantic relationship. And they have remained that way for years. Are these women abnormalities? Are they disfunctional? Should they be slapped because they don't have a man to land on and make life better?

I am confuse.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You just don't have a very good sarcasm detector. But women really aren't as fun to hang out with if you like doing anything athletic. That's just physiology at work.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This thread is full of absolutes about women that are generally just anecdotal bullshit or, even when true, still probably miss describing a huge chunk of women. I think some of these personal stories tell as much about the specific men telling them and their choices as they do about women in general.

iannis

Musty Nester
Women are whores. Some are more honest than others.

You bleed every month for your entire life, I suppose it starts to take a mental toll.