Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 5'8" so all you tallies stealing my short women need to stop. Finding short women in Dallas is hard enough as is.
Well I'm not out on the prowl or anything. I can't help it if chicks throw themselves at me...

smile.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm 6'3" and then some, women at like 5'5" are about the cut off to where I'd start feeling completely ridiculous walking around with them. I drunkenly hooked up with a chick who was probably six feet once, but for dating tallest has been 5'9". Right around 5'7" to 5'8" is pretty good to me. I've been with shorter girls and while it can be fun in bed it just feels weird as a girlfriend when I'm towering over her that much.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 6'3" and then some, women at like 5'5" are about the cut off to where I'd start feeling completely ridiculous walking around with them. I drunkenly hooked up with a chick who was probably six feet once, but for dating tallest has been 5'9". Right around 5'7" to 5'8" is pretty good to me. I've been with shorter girls and while it can be fun in bed it just feels weird as a girlfriend when I'm towering over her that much.
I'm 6'2 and my wife is like 5'1. She does wear tall shoes though. Haha. I don't know. Maybe I'm just used to it but I don't give a fuck what people think of us walking around. I love petite girls.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well, oddly enough the 5' midgets still prefer guys 6'+. I see it all the time on Tinder-- super short girls specifying guys over 6'. I've gotten into arguments with these chicks when they "right swipe" me (I don't have my height listed), then in chat I specify my height, they say sorry, and I say "well it's cool, I wanted D cup or larger myself". Invariably they get pissed and say something like "pig", or "douche", then when I ask why it's ok for a girl to specify height, but if a guy specifies boob size that makes him a pig, all I get is silence.. Female logic.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have you ever tried just flat out lying about your height and seeing what they say when they actually see you?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, oddly enough the 5' midgets still prefer guys 6'+. I see it all the time on Tinder-- super short girls specifying guys over 6'.
Yeah and tall women really hate that shit since its cutting into their already smaller pool of men taller than them.

Have you ever tried just flat out lying about your height and seeing what they say when they actually see you?
A lot of people do that apparently, I had a girl on PoF ask me recently if I was "really over six feet", I'm like uh yeah...she says she's been lied to before. I guess its like the showing up to a girl twenty pounds over her profile pictures.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Well, oddly enough the 5' midgets still prefer guys 6'+. I see it all the time on Tinder-- super short girls specifying guys over 6'. I've gotten into arguments with these chicks when they "right swipe" me (I don't have my height listed), then in chat I specify my height, they say sorry, and I say "well it's cool, I wanted D cup or larger myself". Invariably they get pissed and say something like "pig", or "douche", then when I ask why it's ok for a girl to specify height, but if a guy specifies boob size that makes him a pig, all I get is silence.. Female logic.
Yea my wife makes fun of short guys all the time. Makes zero sense. I'm tall and I don't even see the point, it's not like being tall gives me any advantages in anything except perception.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A lot of people do that apparently, I had a girl on PoF ask me recently if I was "really over six feet", I'm like uh yeah...she says she's been lied to before. I guess its like the showing up to a girl twenty pounds over her profile pictures.
Maybe. But if it's mainly just a hookup, unless she's totally fuck ugly I'm not gonna turn around and leave if she was lying about her weight, I just wouldn't see her again unless the sex was out of this world.

I'm about a half inch over 6 foot, so I could probably claim to be 6'2 without ever being called on it.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
People are really bad at judging height, whether their own or others. I'm legitimately 5' 8-3/4" (measured that shit precisely!), yet I frequently hear dudes that are pretty much the same height as me claim they are 6'. And people are often surprised when I tell them my exact height, as they think I'm taller by an inch or two. So I guess what I'm saying is that unless you're ridiculously embellishing it, most people aren't going to notice if you bump it by a couple inches.

Cad_sl said:
Yea my wife makes fun of short guys all the time. Makes zero sense. I'm tall and I don't even see the point, it's not like being tall gives me any advantages in anything except perception.
For athletes and sports it certainly makes a difference. I made a decision at a pretty young age (12 or so) that given my family history and present height I was not likely to be big enough to pursue a professional hockey career. If I had been a couple inches taller, I could definitely have gone on to play college/university at least, but instead opted to not play "club" hockey because the time and effort just wasn't likely to pay off given my size and position.

That being said, I don't think I'd ever want to be much taller than 6', for the obvious reasons (plane seats, clothes, etc etc).

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
People are really bad at judging height, whether their own or others. I'm legitimately 5' 8-3/4" (measured that shit precisely!), yet I frequently hear dudes that are pretty much the same height as me claim they are 6'. And people are often surprised when I tell them my exact height, as they think I'm taller by an inch or two. So I guess what I'm saying is that unless you're ridiculously embellishing it, most people aren't going to notice if you bump it by a couple inches.

For athletes and sports it certainly makes a difference. I made a decision at a pretty young age (12 or so) that given my family history and present height I was not likely to be big enough to pursue a professional hockey career. If I had been a couple inches taller, I could definitely have gone on to play college/university at least, but instead opted to not play "club" hockey because the time and effort just wasn't likely to pay off given my size and position.

That being said, I don't think I'd ever want to be much taller than 6', for the obvious reasons (plane seats, clothes, etc etc).
Theoren Fleury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am six even and have dated women as tall as myself all the way down to my wife's barely over 5 feet stature. I don't really care either way, both have pros and cons on a purely superficial level. Obvious crazy and pretentious bullshit were the only red flags I ever cared about, but I have heard numerous women bring up that height shit like FW has mentioned. Even the less shallow ones give a tremendous shit about it. Kind of an ironic double standard, really.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am six even and have dated women as tall as myself all the way down to my wife's barely over 5 feet stature.
The one thing about banging a borderline midget woman like that is you can almost get the impression she's a female child.

The one bad thing I mean...you know what I mean you're the perv who's doing it!!!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
No shit small guys can make it, but they're only going to do it if they are unfucking believable players. I certainly was never that. I was a D who could skate really well and read plays in all three zones to drive the play, but was never particularly skilled scoring wise. My size would have been a problem if I had tried to play at a higher level. As it was, I still got asked every year by the AA and AAA clubs to play for them, but I wasn't interested in playing or practicing 6-7 nights a week when i was 15-18 years old. So I played on top teams in the "house" league for the fun of it, instead of trying to be something I likely wasn't.

If Theoren Fleury was 6' tall with the same skill and tenacity, he'd have been one of the greats of his era. He also probably wouldn't have gotten his ass raped repeatedly by Graham James.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm about a half inch over 6 foot, so I could probably claim to be 6'2 without ever being called on it.
I love it when guys who are clearly 5'10 or so claim to be 6'1 or whatever, then I stand next to them and am clearly 3-4" taller. They are embarrassed as fuck.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Something tells me your height isn't the only thing preventing you from having a pro hockey career.

Estimated probability of competing in professional athletics | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

Although interestingly hockey has a better % than most of the big sports. Still, that wasn't going to happen, so bitching about it now as if your height is all that held you back is just silly.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
No, I've omitted it before and not volunteered it unless they ask, but have never straight up verbally lied. Dates are already expensive and a total waste 70% of the time, so no need to make those odds even worse. I already know height is really important to most women so I don't see the point. I would just end up blowing $50 on drinks and wasting two hours of my time on some chick that never plans on calling me back. I guess what irks me most is how flippant and hypocritical women are about it. They get to lay down their physical qualifications and its totally normal and ok, but if a guy does it he's a pig.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, the other way to look at it is if dates are already such a waste of time, what's it really going to hurt if you experiment with lying about your height to get a couple? FOR SCIENCE!