Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bro's I am raiding on saturday mornings while she's at work, she doesn't care about that. If I quit she'd be sad, she's heavily invested in the success of the guild. As for my other gaming habits, I barely ever play during the week unless we have downtime or she falls asleep early. Usually I just play during the day when she's at work. That part of my life has already been neutered, so cutting out anymore wouldn't really do anything "for us" right now.

The book idea is good.

I cook every night too. I suppose I could put on The Fault in Our Stars (FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I swear there have been multiple posts about your wife getting on your case about raiding.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have you considered a simple thoughtful gift like a book (maybe kindle) or something related to her personal hobbies?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I swear there have been multiple posts about your wife getting on your case about raiding.
Every 6 weeks she gets a Saturday off, maybe, meaning she finds out the night before. Sometimes she gets sad if I still have to raid, but I don't like to bow out on short notice so usually I do nice things for her the rest of the day. She didn't like me raiding Wednesday nights so I compromised with the Saturday thing. Although this week she was home and got pissy because I slept in "too late"

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So glad my wife doesn't give a shit about me playing video games.

Or almost anything else.

Marry a poor girl who grew up with an unmarried alcoholic redneck roofer for a mother sometime. She can tolerate fucking anything.

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
Bro I got you! This is cheesy as fuck but it is charming and shows you took time to think about her. Go buy a children's book that in someway has a theme that is relevant to your relationship. Then just line through the characters names and write in your name or her name where appropriate.
rrr_img_93978.jpg
Just when I was about to give up on you guys for your annoying as fuck foray into the land of make-up and jewelry, you drop this gem! There is no way a woman worth having would not love this and make all of her friends want you by telling them about it. Well played, sir...well played.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
How is the break up going TXJ? I assume a little easier every day?

EDIT: Oh and I am responsible for that jewelry derail, sorry I just had to post that Lightsaber Ring.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That does sound super cheesy. I could imagine a woman worth having that could be put off by it because it doesn't really make me think of adult romance.

iannis

Musty Nester
Make her a really nice handmade card. Print out some nice photos to stick on the front. You 2 on vacation, nature scenes, whatever. Write on the inside, "If it comes out black you're fucking dead".

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That does sound super cheesy. I could imagine a woman worth having that could be put off by it because it doesn't really make me think of adult romance.
I am sure you could imagine that woman and she would never wear makeup because makeup wouldn't cover up her mustache anyway.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The idea of video games being an obligation sounds so weird to me now even though I did it for years.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The idea of video games being an obligation sounds so weird to me now even though I did it for years.
Haha, I know, me too man. It was miserable for the last like 2 years of me doing it too, but I didn't want to let random ppl on the internet down.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
"I CAN'T LET DOWN MY FRIENDS!"
"What friends?"
"FUCK OFF!"

Used to have this argument with my gf. I miss fighting.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
When I played EQ I would sometimes make up excuses not to go out with real life friends so I could play. Now I won't even play a game like Dark Souls because I can't pause it when I need to.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Haha, I know, me too man. It was miserable for the last like 2 years of me doing it too, but I didn't want to let random ppl on the internet down.
Same story. If I had just been playing because I enjoyed it I would have quit 2 years sooner.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Idk man, if youre significant other is in the middle of a movie/show theyre really into how likely are they just to pause it in the middle of it for 10-15 minutes?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
When I played EQ I would sometimes make up excuses not to go out with real life friends so I could play. Now I won't even play a game like Dark Souls because I can't pause it when I need to.
I've decided to quit playing mmos for this reason too, I find myself every time starting out casual then slowly putting everything off because just one more spawn and then I'll go do it.