Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure I could fully hate someone who raped and murdered my family.
You'd be surprised how little you'd hate that person. Hatred, at least to me, is a pretty specific emotion. My take on it is that you can't truly hate someone without loving them. Hate is not the opposite of love, indifference is. Love and hate are too deeply intertwined to have some of one without any of the other.

Unfortunately, I don't think the English language really has a powerful enough word other than hate for what you'd feel towards that person.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If someone raped and murdered my family all I'd have is blind rage I'm pretty sure.

You can rape someone with an axe, and I'd definitely do it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You'd be surprised how little you'd hate that person. Hatred, at least to me, is a pretty specific emotion. My take on it is that you can't truly hate someone without loving them. Hate is not the opposite of love, indifference is. Love and hate are too deeply intertwined to have some of one without any of the other.

Unfortunately, I don't think the English language really has a powerful enough word other than hate for what you'd feel towards that person.
Yeah, when you redefine the word to have it mean something else, it then has a different meaning. Sounds more like your definition of hatred is the one lacking a suitable word.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
EDIT: I've been told any recordings without her knowledge wont be allowed to be used.
Or... get a new lawyer?

Minnesota is a one-party consent state. You can't simply leave recording devices around the house, but you can keep one on you to record conversationsyouare a part of.

EDIT: shit Cad/Cud/Cid/Ced/Cod beat me to it

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, when you redefine the word to have it mean something else, it then has a different meaning. Sounds more like your definition of hatred is the one lacking a suitable word.
Or perhaps one who has suckled at the teat of true hatred has such a deep understanding of the purity of that emotion that it is beyond the capability of such a plebeian mind to comprehend.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Are you jotting down the dates for the bad times? Are they, by chance, coming around every 3-4 weeks? Have you tried giving her chocolate?
Abed-abed-nadir-20355932-500-281.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Are you jotting down the dates for the bad times? Are they, by chance, coming around every 3-4 weeks? Have you tried giving her chocolate?
Were that the case this wouldn't really be an issue.

Had a minor blow out this morning. A year ago my car burnt in a fire...oddly enough due to a domestic dispute someone else had. Girl was cheating on her b/f so he lit her car on fire while parked next to mine. We decided to just go down to one car to save on money since she rids transit to work anyway. Worked well until now and she refuses to let me use the car, which fine, whatever. Her parents knew what was going on and I go sign paper work on a car today so they said I could use theirs. My job requires me to drive to meet clients and I have a meeting today with a large account holder, which I had to cancel on once due to issues with the wife. I was told regardless of my performance that if it happened again I shouldn't come back to work.

Well this morning she found out her parents said I could use their car and she flipped, found their keys they had given me and took their keys and then her car.I calmly asked her to turn around and she told me she went to a park and ride and good luck finding the car. I informed her I would lose my job she said maybe I should talk to her parents since they chose me over her. I told her they chose me having a job on account that's whats best for our son.

After playing this game for a few moments I realized she uses her cell a lot for work and told her I didn't want to but if I needed to I would shut her phone off since it's in my name and I pay for it. She told me she needs it for work and I just didn't respond and let her think on it a moment and then she told me where the park and ride was and said to have it back by 5:30 and hung up.

The car thing was literally the only piece of stress I had right now and that'll be gone this afternoon. Her ranting, raging, screaming I don't sweat. When she got home last night she was throwing stuff around (keys on table and purse on chair) and stomped through the place but once our son got home shortly after she was civil and that's all that matters really for the moment. It bothers her a great deal that I don't get bothered, she will try to drag my son to her room with her to hang out in there and he'll say no he wants to stay out there with me....stuff like this;

Her: -insert sons name here- come to the bedroom with mommy and we'll watch some TV

Son: No, I don't think so...I think I'll stay out with Daddy and play.

Her: But mommy will go to bed soon, you have to come tuck her in and daddy will just want to be on the computer anyway. (her idea of a jab at me because she gets mad all I do is sit on the computer after everyone is in bed...like it matters)

Son: But I don't want mommy to go to bed, mommy needs to stay out here. (tugs at my heart strings)

Her: Please?

Me: Hey buddy, why don't you go tuck mommy in and cuddle with her for a few then we can feed the cats after.

Son: OKAY! (he loves helping me feed the cats)

She'll look at me with a mix of anger, annoyance and a hint of appreciation (I know the look, it's been there for years and we've talked about it during her good moments). I can remain civil for as long as I need, stuff typically doesn't bother me and I don't get ruffled by things that are out of my control. Her issues are out of my control so I refuse to let them bother me. If I did I would have been a broken man long ago.

Anyway, I go meet about my car soon so that will take care of #1 on my list. All is well so far.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Get an uber next time and don't stress it.
Uber would have cost me $87 to go from one end of the twin cities to the opposite end during rush hour traffic. (Uber here is silly on their pricing and they are currently at war with the city of Minneapolis for like the 5th time) I wasn't stressed, I feel bad for her parents though because she will lay into them over it.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Uber would have cost me $87 to go from one end of the twin cities to the opposite end during rush hour traffic. (Uber here is silly on their pricing and they are currently at war with the city of Minneapolis for like the 5th time) I wasn't stressed, I feel bad for her parents though because she will lay into them over it.
Yea, but $87 is nothing compared to losing your job. I'm just saying, what if she had cackled into the phone and hung up.

Her parents need to stand up for themselves, just as you are doing. Sucks to have all this happening.
frown.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Uber just left Broward County, FL(where I live) in July, because the county started hitting them with all kinds of regulation. It really sucks. I could get from my place to downtown for 17 bucks. It's a 45 dollar cab ride.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sounds like she wants power over you, Tarrant. Just another sign of things going to get cray cray when you serve the papers. If you aren't scared of her doing something batshit involving your son to hurt you.... you should be. Best of luck, you are going to need it!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yea, but $87 is nothing compared to losing your job. I'm just saying, what if she had cackled into the phone and hung up.

Her parents need to stand up for themselves, just as you are doing. Sucks to have all this happening.
frown.png
Then I would have taken a cab or Uber at that point, but I'll avoid spending the money I have saved on the side if I can in the mean time. (It's not much, I don't make the money some of you here do)

Her parents, while great people, ignore her and let it happen....which is only enabled her to do it. They will stand up to her sometimes but then it's business as usual the next day.