Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She fucking knows, she's seen a difference in you and she's seeing the writing on the wall. This is a huge trap. Bare minimum to suck you back in then you're stuck in the same situation again.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Famm is probably right. Keep an objective mind for the next few days. Get your plans solidified in the background so that you can pull the trigger when needed. She is still a loose cannon, as a single weekend isn't going to do shit, but maybe she truly wants to get better. Maybe. It's rare as fuck, but it can happen. Much more likely this is just short term, and you will be back in the same shitty situation in a couple days/weeks.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, yeah. She probably does know somehow. She might be smart enough to add things up. I would hope so.

"He's been telling me that i'm a raging psychotic for a while now and asking me to get help. These past weeks he's been getting real quiet, like he's given up. Or he's up to something. Hmm... maybe he meant it, and maybe I -could- benefit from some help."

I mean things don'thaveto get worse. They just generally tend to. Not that a weekend treatment center is a magic pill but she might have decided to try and kick. Deciding if you want to help with that is a different question than the question of "what do I do if she doesn't kick", which has already been answered.

It could be a last gasp, it could be sincere. Tarrant is a bro. He can keep prepping and close some of that distance that's grown between them at the same time.

Because even if it is sincere she still might not be able to kick.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, just because she's getting help doesn't mean it will actually help. I'm still playing the "cover my ass" game and still prepping, that way should i see anything worth staying for in the next few weeks, splitting will be a quick and easy thing. I was caught with my pants down this time around, it wont happen again.

I'm still moving forward with everything, I am however being very observant of things as I'm doing so.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crazy is still crazy, yeah getting help is a good thing but the crazy is still there lurking. Cover your ass, because it will come out again no matter what she does to help, there will be setbacks and bumps and head turning Linda Blair shit before it is all said and done. The question is, is she worth living through the getting help crazy with the side order of snapping chances? Is having the kid grow up waiting for the shoe to drop, or for her to snap.

I reccomend proceeding with your plan. Leave. If she gets help wonderful, 5 years down the line you can have a more healthy relationship with visitation. Don't let her "Getting her head on straight" keep you near her.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm well aware, more than any of you with the exception of Chaos probably.
wink.png

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, just because she's getting help doesn't mean it will actually help. I'm still playing the "cover my ass" game and still prepping, that way should i see anything worth staying for in the next few weeks, splitting will be a quick and easy thing. I was caught with my pants down this time around, it wont happen again.

I'm still moving forward with everything, I am however being very observant of things as I'm doing so.
Tarrant just be aware that crazy people can hoover you back in with behavior when they want to just as effectively as they can push you away. She obviously got a whiff of what was going on by some method. So she's going to do something dramatic to make a change, and for a while, it'll be better. But you can't know what will happen long term, and by the time she's done hoovering you back in, you won't have the willpower and anger to do what you need to do. Just a thought.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
She didn't get a whiff of anything. One time we hardly talked for close to a month after an argument we had. There was nothing different happening this time around. I think she is just realizes what's going on slowly but surly (with herself).

Like I said, this doesn't stop anything I'm doing, I am however being more observant to what's happening with her and will reassess later if things should deviate. She called me early this morning (I pick her up tonight) telling me she has a lot of work to do. Time will tell, hopefully she's better able to deal with it all regardless of what happens between her and I.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
She didn't get a whiff of anything. One time we hardly talked for close to a month after an argument we had. There was nothing different happening this time around. I think she is just realizes what's going on slowly but surly (with herself).

Like I said, this doesn't stop anything I'm doing, I am however being more observant to what's happening with her and will reassess later if things should deviate. She called me early this morning (I pick her up tonight) telling me she has a lot of work to do. Time will tell, hopefully she's better able to deal with it all regardless of what happens between her and I.
Take it from me; run. Don't look back. I pussy footed around with my divorce for 2 years. I also thought about it everyday for 10. Don't stay together for the kids. Don't believe a fucking thing she says. Just GTFO. The second you have it in your head that you're done; you're already there.

Don't prolong it. There comes a time when you have to say "fuck her" and take care of yourself. I only wish I saw that sooner. For context on my ex's craziness, I just got majority custody of my kids and sole decision making because of child endangerment on her part.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've been divorced before, I'm not afraid of it and I don't need to "take my advice and get out posts" because I'm already taking steps towards that goal. I never said I'd stay for the kids, I've said the exact opposite. Have you read any of the previous posts at all?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
dude, dude, dude. listen here dude. she cray dude. should totes pack it up. you heard it here twelfth dude.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been divorced before, I'm not afraid of it and I don't need to "take my advice and get out posts" because I'm already taking steps towards that goal. I never said I'd stay for the kids, I've said the exact opposite. Have you read any of the previous posts at all?
A handful of them. Forgive me for overstepping. I'm sure your covert plan is going swimmingly. Coward.