Marriage and the Power of Divorce

lindz

#DDs
Lindz stopped playing in our wow guild and went to alliance and I haven't seen her post since, at least in threads I frequent. As far as I know she has been murdered and identity taken over.

Sorry! Husband and some RL friends started playing on our old server and I disappeared to go play with them. I'm alive and still me. Just have trouble keeping up with forums when stuff gets busy.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Curious, what is your experience with human IVF, fertilization clinics and obstetrics in general?

All I can say about this is (IMO) anyone who tries to give you an opinion that hasn't gone through it themselves or is an OB/Gyn is full of shit, FYI. IVF and fertilization clinics are such a specialized part of medicine that only the people who do it really have any experience/knowledge about it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry! Husband and some RL friends started playing on our old server and I disappeared to go play with them. I'm alive and still me. Just have trouble keeping up with forums when stuff gets busy.
It's OK, I was just hoping to get healed by a babe. Right now its all dudes I'm fairly certain.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
On the Khaine stuff, as someone who has criticized his lack of commitment and swinging dick lifestyle, let me be the first to say having his opinion is valuable in this thread. Most of us have been him at some point prior in our lives. Bitter nerds who only keep women around until we get bored with them or otherwise fuck things up over some petty meaningless disagreement (I lump Eomer in this category, too). Its important to have that perspective, because in some of our cases it was not that long ago that we were like that.

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't agree with that at all. I'm not like Khane at all. He's basically Jerry Seinfeld, but pickier. For me it's more a matter of just not being overly good at the initial meeting of women. Typically once I get my foot in the door, I do fine with women, at least in the initial stages of the relationship (I screwed up the later stages with the last woman, but that was literally my first kick at one longer than 6 months). But the main reason I haven't been in a lot of long term ones isn't that I just toss chicks aside on the regular, it's because I start so few relationships in the first place. In my day to day life in the construction industry, and also in my main hobbies in spare time (hockey, biking, skiing, camping etc), I meet essentially zero eligible women. And being in my mid 30's, most of my friends are coupled off, and any potential friend of friend set ups have mostly been exhausted. So outside of online dating, which I haven't really invested much time or effort in, there's just not a lot of opportunities coming my way.

Only the egg. All female zygotic cells (eggs) are present at birth and age with them. Sperm is continously made. Can only assume this is due to the fact that men are superior to women on every way.

That's not true at all. The age of the man most definitely impacts defects and shit like Downs, Autism etc. The maternal age is most important, no question, but paternal age has an impact as well. But we're talking men who are 50+.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Whoa whoa whoa. I don't agree with that at all. I'm not like Khane at all. He's basically Jerry Seinfeld, but pickier. For me it's more a matter of just not being overly good at the initial meeting of women. Typically once I get my foot in the door, I do fine with women, at least in the initial stages of the relationship (I screwed up the later stages with the last woman, but that was literally my first kick at one longer than 6 months). But the main reason I haven't been in a lot of long term ones isn't that I just toss chicks aside on the regular, it's because I start so few relationships in the first place. In my day to day life in the construction industry, and also in my main hobbies in spare time (hockey, biking, skiing, camping etc), I meet essentially zero eligible women. And being in my mid 30's, most of my friends are coupled off, and any potential friend of friend set ups have mostly been exhausted. So outside of online dating, which I haven't really invested much time or effort in, there's just not a lot of opportunities coming my way.

That's not true at all. The age of the man most definitely impacts defects and shit like Downs, Autism etc. The maternal age is most important, no question, but paternal age has an impact as well. But we're talking men who are 50+.
Did I say the age of the male has no effect? Did I say in a subsequent post that the undifferentiated male gametes from which sperm are produced are better at dealing with the stresses of aging compared to differentiated eggs? Yes. Shut up if you don't know what you are talking about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You specifically said "only the egg" in response to Khane's question if his old balls would be a concern. That's false.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
First laugh here all day...I am fond of silly bad humor. I realize that I should not be encouraging you, but what the hell.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Read my subsequent posts. Sorry you can't understand simple biological terms

You made one subsequent post on the topic that I see, that essentially contradicted your original when you said "only the egg" by admitting to Izo that male sperm can be impacted by age as well, just not to the extent that the eggs are. What am I missing?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You made one subsequent post on the topic that I see, that essentially contradicted your original when you said "only the egg" by admitting to Izo that male sperm can be impacted by age as well, just not to the extent that the eggs are. What am I missing?
You quoting a post to which Izo replied to and I clarified. What don't you get?

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
After my sperm get about 3 days old they turn yellow so imo the older the sperm the more likely you are to have an Asian baby.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I just got back to my office from a funeral. In the past 10 days, I have reluctantly welcomed two lovely women into my club. Last week, my friend, L, who I have known for 15 years, became a widow when her husband shot himself. They were married over 30 years. Today, a co worker friend C buried her beloved who lost his fight with cancer. I knew him too as he worked part time for my agency, after he retired from his barbershop business. He was gentle and kind and funny. I would often see her in the evening at the grocery store we each frequented...because that store also had our shared pharmacy. She and I would talk about our lives and compare notes on hospitals and hospice. She said to me today that she doesn't know what she is going to do without him...that she misses him so much already. We gave one another knowing looks and I told her to not hesitate to talk to me, about any of this, life after love lost.
I don't know why I am writing this...except maybe to remind myself that life is short...to be grateful for marriage and the power of marriage (for those so inclined) and to hope for all of you that at least once in your lives, you get to be so fortunate as I was to know the depth of love.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users