Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Bane_sl

shitlord
My little sister is getting married on May 4th. Because "May the 4th be with you". They have little video game/nerd references throughout their wedding.
I'm getting married on Friday May 3rd because I didn't want to be the guy to got married on Star Wars day.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
As someone who has been divorced (with kids) the only advice/thoughts I can give is that I hope your sister's fiance is 100% in on this as well...or in no uncertain terms it will not work out in the long run. I think out of my circle (friends, co-workers, family) the majority are divorced or are in the process of...one reason why if I were to do my schooling again, I would go into Family Law...

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Also getting married on a college football Saturday. Fall weddings are the fucking worst.
My brother got married on a Sunday during NFL playoffs. I was drunk as shit at the ceremony because we sat at the bar for hours prior to it watching the first game. However, we missed the first half of the second game because of it.

Asshole.

reo_speed_sl

shitlord
marriage is like anything else in life, for some, it's great, for others, it's the worst and there a ton of people in the middle who are just whatever. some people never want to get married, and while others hope for it and never get it. no matter the circumstance, i'm not sure you could say it's entirely good or entirely bad. for some people, it's a great deal. but that doesn't mean its a great deal for everyone. it's basically the adult way of asking somenoe to go steady with you like you did in high school--except, there's legal obligations as an adult. but just like high school, some people stop "going out" and want to be alone or go out with someone else. and just like in high school, you'll have a few couples that will stay together their entire high school careers and on into college. To each their own, I say.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
C'mon man, the internet is no place for being reasonable.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My brother got married on a Sunday during NFL playoffs. I was drunk as shit at the ceremony because we sat at the bar for hours prior to it watching the first game. However, we missed the first half of the second game because of it.

Asshole.
My wife's friend got married on the day of Giants vs. Cowboys last year (2nd game). Fucking Bitch.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am a happily married man, but I really got lucky with finding my wife. Common interests, both nerds, and she would be my best friend if she were not my wife, personality wise. There really is only one universal rule to marriage, as far as I am concerned, and that is trust. It ties into being faithful and everything else. It does not matter what the rules are, as long as you and the significant other agree to them and can trust the other to uphold them. Most people who are honest with themselves can know if trust is there or not. If it isn't, then get the fuck out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Listen, it doesn't matter what I post in here.. we all know the direction it will go. At this point any answer I gave would just be me trying to troll

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well all you did was post about how awful she was and then suddendly you had sex and things were fine so it was asked what good things there were about her and you didn't answer.

I just figured either A. There wasn't any or B. You were avoiding the question.

I'm not trolling or trying to be a jerk, I was just curious as to what was up is all.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I felt the hostility rising (and spreading across multiple threads), so I figured to just avoid it. I did tell her that her constant bitching was bringing me down and she's stopped for awhile now, as to if it's better or worse I'll see in time.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well glad to hear it has stopped sir.
smile.png

smile.png

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
You're confusing hostility with bros being bros by giving you a much needed serving of brutal honesty.