Marriage and the Power of Divorce

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
If my wife did that with the alarm I would seriously consider telling her to sleep elsewhere. That's just inconsiderate as fuck. If we have to set an alarm, you rush to turn it off and get right up. That's the purpose of an alarm.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
My wife's alarm goes off 15 minutes before mine but she snoozes it until mine goes off. She used to get up earlier but after discovering she could sleep until my alarm goes off and still get to work on time, she just snoozes her's. Thankfully she uses the most mellow quiet alarm tone ever so it rarely wakes me up.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don’t understand snoozing. Just get the fuck up.

To be clear, my wife has only did this a couple times but shit man, my jimmies were rustled hard as it was on my days off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I would kill my wife, kids, and my pets and then turn the gun on myself if any of us snoozed an alarm even once, ever.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I find it helps. But I'll also admit I'm used to snoozing that I haven't just gotten up right away in years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Getting up immediately is probably always better for me. When I snooze it's 9 minutes of shit sleep that just gets more frustrating every time the alarm goes off. I snooze maybe once, but I try to get up on the first alarm.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
waking up and falling back to sleep makes me feel like shit when I actually get up.

My alarm goes off, I get up, regardless of how awake I am. No matter how tired I may be, I wake up fully by walking around and doing shit, not laying in bed hitting the snooze button repeatedly.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Dont gotta worry about alarms when my 3 year old wakes up at goddamn 5:45AM everyday
That's when you should be up. How else are you going to have the time necessary to prepare one of those ludicrous 50s family show breakfasts with pancakes, eggs, and a freshly packed lunch?

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If I have not been drinking heavily the night before I get up almost immediately... unless there's the temptation/option of morning sex.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My wife got an alarm clock that mimics the sun rising and plays nature sounds. It's a great way to wake up tbh. Wish I could remember what it's called.

I never hit snooze because I've seen old alarm clocks that get set in their ways somehow where they go off again in 10 minutes even if you turn them off. Hell even if they were never turned on for that morning the snooze still seemed to go off. For a while I had 2 alarm clocks to avoid the snooze.

• 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Man, I have to snooze, I'm angry when my alarm goes off every morning. I have my snooze set for 5 minutes and usually hit it 3 to 4 times, thrilled every time that I get to go back to sleep, and eventually get up and am fine. I'm basically an irritable animal if I have to get up on that first alarm, feel like I've been robbed. I also typically only sleep 4-6 hours a day though, so maybe that has something to do with it.

No joke though, I have had days off where I set the alarm even though I didn't need to be up, just to have a productive day.... and then proceeded to hit snooze.. every 5 minutes... for 2 hours because every time it went off I just mentally went "Ehhh I don't HAVE to get up... just 5 more minutes." over, and over, and over again.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That sounds terrible.

The money morning is when I wake up refreshed and ready to go naturally before my alarm. Surprisingly happens maybe once a week.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Nailed it. I was saying I don't snooze at all and get up almost immediately after I wake up. Unless I believe that morning sex is on the table, and then I can be more cuddly.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Bros, do any of you have a g/f or wife that sets their alarm to max volume and then hits snooze 3 - 5 times?

Shits annoying man, so gosh damned annoying.

Also if you do this, stop it. Its so damn annoying.
Holy shit, that is divorce worthy.

I literally stopped seeing a girl in college because she used the snooze button. That was rare for me, usually I waited til they got tired of my shit and started cheating on me with a friend. Wait, that was out loud.

Anyway, fuck the snooze button and anyone who uses it. Get the hell outa bed.

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I am a corpse if I try to get out of bed at first alarm. 90% of the time I don't even remember my first alarm going off or me turning it off. Spending an extra 30min or so before getting up means I have a good chance of not stumbling into walls and shit when I get out of bed. I also just want to have some time to enjoy the feeling of being comfortable in bed. I don't get this when trying to sleep the night before, because trying to fall asleep for me is just rolling around for 2 hours or so trying to get comfortable physically while also trying to turn off my dumb brain.