Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How can you trust her to make good judgement calls when she married you? This is the logic I use on my wife to piss her off royally LOL.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The only neighbors I have that come out in their swimsuits is the 60 year old lady that lays out in her driveway, and the 70 year old that washes her car in her 1930s bathing suit. :confused:
My neighbor...

You can't tell from the little, but she's wearing a super tiny thong. Looking good. Yes, our kids are playing.

20200829_171838.jpg

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How can you trust her to make good judgement calls when she married you? This is the logic I use on my wife to piss her off royally LOL.

So I heard her talking on the phone while I was working. I didn't think anything of it but she was running around looking for papers and shit and I was like, "the fuck?" It sounded like she was talking to someone important or something so I asked her who it was. She said it was an officer and I immediately told her to hang up the phone. She ran off and said there was a crime and they needed her information.

I grabbed her hand took the phone and hung up. Then I explained that this is a scam and they only wanted your information. She didn't believe me so I asked her what the guy was an officer for and of course, he didn't say. Told her to call the number back. Sure enough, it wasn't a real number. She gave the guy a bunch of personal information including her SSN but I stopped her before she gave them her fucking bank account information.

For all the street smarts she has about getting robbed in East Europe she was completely ignorant of this kind of theft. Took necessary precautions and I don't think it will be too bad but god damn.

• 6Picard
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I heard her talking on the phone while I was working. I didn't think anything of it but she was running around looking for papers and shit and I was like, "the fuck?" It sounded like she was talking to someone important or something so I asked her who it was. She said it was an officer and I immediately told her to hang up the phone. She ran off and said there was a crime and they needed her information.

I grabbed her hand took the phone and hung up. Then I explained that this is a scam and they only wanted your information. She didn't believe me so I asked her what the guy was an officer for and of course, he didn't say. Told her to call the number back. Sure enough, it wasn't a real number. She gave the guy a bunch of personal information including her SSN but I stopped her before she gave them her fucking bank account information.

For all the street smarts she has about getting robbed in East Europe she was completely ignorant of this kind of theft. Took necessary precautions and I don't think it will be too bad but god damn.
Reminds me of my father in law. We caught him loading up his tax forms and bank details into the fax machine to send to a scammer. Happens to plenty of otherwise normal people

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My neighbor is maybe 28. She grew up in Guam, but moved to Hawaii about 6 years ago. She's got me beat by a few years. I'll get better pics next time I see her.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My neighbor is maybe 28. She grew up in Guam, but moved to Hawaii about 6 years ago. She's got me beat by a few years. I'll get better pics next time I see her.
Enlist some professional help in this endeavor.

@Suineg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wife and I don't see each other much due to our schedules. I work two full time jobs and on my one day off from both I'm doing school work pretty much from the moment I wake up until I go to bed while also doing schoolwork at job #2 at night when everyone in the shelter I work in is asleep for the night. I need to make it through this semester and I'll back off for the spring semester (doing 17 credits now will probably back down to 10) which means I have about 8-10 weeks to go of this current schedule.

I took the weekend off of everything and we went to Chicago for the weekend and that was nice, we did an early celebration of us both turning 40 while the weather was still nice. Had a great time.

Our marriage is great, but she gets pretty sad about is not having the time we used to. I've talked to her about possibly dropping my highest paying job (but the one job I have not related to my major) and picking up more hours at my second to compensate for some of those lost wages. I'd take about a 30-35% hit to my income if I did (after picking up some lost hours in the form of OT at my other job) but if I did it I'd be able to better maintain my school schedule and graduate quicker. The job I'd keep is in my desired field of work and I need the experience so when I graduate I don't hear the "you need x years experience to have its job" line.

She's been super cool and supportive while I've been doing schooling. Any advice for if I should take a pay cut to free up more hours or cut back schooling, making it longer till I graduate by about a year? I'm asking for general life and marriage reasons.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went to school later than most. If you think a degree will bump up your earning potential AND you guys can swing it financially, I am in favor of graduating as early as possible.

My wife struggled sometimes with how much time was taken up by my school and work but in the end it really paid off.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think you should ask your wife what she wants/what will make her happier. Graduating is wonderful but losing your marriage because of not enough time together or money troubles won't be any better.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Marriage isn't in trouble or anything, she always tells me "do what you think is best" and just supports me no matter what. She's literally the coolest person I know.

The money would obviously be a bit tighter but manageable, we live pretty modestly and well within our means.

Just would be nice to be graduated, have a bump in pay, and my free time open way up as soon as possible. Just, quitting a job is a big deal to me, regardless of the reasoning so it's something I'm having issues with mulling over.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Nobody with any sense is going to tell you what to do in your situation

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What the hell does that even mean

Means that anyone with sense wouldn't want to say one way or the other.

Because if it goes bad, and he does what you or someone else suggest...

There is a difference between "here is the possible good and bad", "I did x and got y" and "you should..."

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Marriage isn't in trouble or anything, she always tells me "do what you think is best" and just supports me no matter what. She's literally the coolest person I know.

The money would obviously be a bit tighter but manageable, we live pretty modestly and well within our means.

Just would be nice to be graduated, have a bump in pay, and my free time open way up as soon as possible. Just, quitting a job is a big deal to me, regardless of the reasoning so it's something I'm having issues with mulling over.

Yea I think you should just discuss with her and come to this decision together. Whatever decision you come to together, is the right one.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yea I think you should just discuss with her and come to this decision together. Whatever decision you come to together, is the right one.

We have been doing that, post was more for just venting it all to 3rd parties to get it off my chest a bit and see if there were any additional points of view in the process.