Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Quickest way to some authentic hardcore bdsm is to insinuate a man's inadequacy, either financially or phallically.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Probably just coincidental or correlative. I would posit that a large amount of women like being submissive in bed, regardless of their political leanings.
Just to start the debate, is wanting to have your hair pulled painfully/physically abused/ humiliated actually submissive? My take is it isn't submissive at all.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Just to start the debate, is wanting to have your hair pulled painfully/physically abused/ humiliated actually submissive? My take is it isn't submissive at all.
I don’t think it’s submissive but in my experience every woman I’ve encountered who likes this is straight the fuck up crazy and I don’t mean normal all women are crazy type of crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don’t think it’s submissive but in my experience every woman I’ve encountered who likes this is straight the fuck up crazy and I don’t mean normal all women are crazy type of crazy.
Oh she mentioned she has a therapist, is on psych meds etc.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What is submissive then? Honest question, I'm not an expert on this at all.

Someone who wants to be treated like an animal or a slave who has to ask permission to do anything including taking a piss.

I'm sure there's other ways that manifests, but that's probably the most common. If a woman tells you she's a sub, she basically wants to be bossed around. I would wager a woman who was a lifestyle sub (meaning sub at all times not just during play times) would be most guys' idea of a perfect woman. And most of those same guys would get tired of her in short order.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

At it's most basic level I would say enjoying some kind of power exchange in the bedroom, e.g. Receiving slaps, spanking, hair pulling etc

Next level would be addressing the other person as Master/Mistress and other forms of etiquette, e.g. Kneeling, bowing etc

Then restraints, cuffs etc

Next level would be taking it outside the bedroom and having some kind of power exchange dynamic, e.g. Always opening doors for the other person

The Dominatrix I'm friends with has two "owned" slaves, both locked in chastity devices. One literally does everything for her, worked for free renovating her bdsm studio, drives her, is cameraman for her femdom clips.

The other has two tattoos of her, and has spent $15k+ on her in less than a year

Her fiance started off in a 24/7 female led relationship but apparently was only pretending to be that submissive. Now it's just kinky in the bedroom

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoying rough sex doesn't make you submissive. Imo, the submissive part is that they're enjoying the exertion of control that comes with that behavior. They just want someone who wants to exert some control over them, the specific details are vastly different of course since you could broadly apply that to both sides of almost every relationship. It's a bit of a semantic thing though since anyone who would openly label themselves as a "sub" isn't just using that as a description. They have expectations built around the popularized fetish which basically means they're into some power exchange in the bedroom. How far that goes and how far it goes outside the bedroom would be very different from person to person.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Enjoying rough sex doesn't make you submissive. Imo, the submissive part is that they're enjoying the exertion of control that comes with that behavior. They just want someone who wants to exert some control over them, the specific details are vastly different of course since you could broadly apply that to both sides of almost every relationship. It's a bit of a semantic thing though since anyone who would openly label themselves as a "sub" isn't just using that as a description. They have expectations built around the popularized fetish which basically means they're into some power exchange in the bedroom. How far that goes and how far it goes outside the bedroom would be very different from person to person.
I pretty much agree with what you are saying. The term has become popularized and fetishized. It's just the expectations are semi unclear and it's not what is obviously implied. Not that I have a problem with that, like a lot of things it is what it is. You just need to get an understanding of what is meant when someone says they are a 'sub'.