Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tarrant: Sorry to hear about all of that. If you lived in Illinois I might be able to help
frown.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Thats how I get to watch my kids grow.

It's the single most depressing thing in the world and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

It has however taught me how to apprecieate my kids to a degree that many may not. Everything in the world seems right when they are here, they will be here next week from Wed night till Sunday due to their school MEA weekend. I can't wait, the thing I look forward to the most? Tucking them into bed each night and knowing they will be there in the morning when I wake up, or having them come into my room to wake me up and watch cartoons with them, or draw, or read to them, play games or whatever. Last time my son woke me up and brought me in a bowl of Cap'N Crunch because he wanted to make me breakfast in bed. It took every ounc of man I had me to not tear up.

Sounds sappy but whatever, I cherish every moment I have with them.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Hopefully once the gays start divorcing some of these custody laws will begin to change as the courts won't be able to use the gender of the parents as a basis for making custody decisions anymore.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I had a friend explain it to me like this.

Say you have a lock that can be opened by lots of keys. That's just a shitty lock. If you have a key that can open a lot of locks, that's a really good key!

Horrible yes, but amusing.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I've heard that and it's pretty stupid, but not surprising. If a woman who sleeps with X men is a slut, then a guy who sleeps with X women is a slut too.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So jelly, it hurts.
You're not even making sense. I'm saying a woman who sleeps around is no more a slut than a guy who does; they're equals. I'm perfectly fine with anyone getting laid as much as they want, I just don't think women should be shamed for it. How does that make me jealous of anything? Damn dude, reading comprehension.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I agree, it is a terrible double standard that guys are given high-fives for sleeping around while women are condemned for it, and it is dumb for men to perpetuate that double-standard because all it does is make it more difficult for themselves to get laid.

Sexually liberate women are awesome.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You're not even making sense. I'm saying a woman who sleeps around is no more a slut than a guy who does; they're equals. I'm perfectly fine with anyone getting laid as much as they want, I just don't think women should be shamed for it. How does that make me jealous of anything? Damn dude, reading comprehension.
I'm ribbing ya man.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I agree, it is a terrible double standard that guys are given high-fives for sleeping around while women are condemned for it, and it is dumb for men to perpetuate that double-standard because all it does is make it more difficult for themselves to get laid.

Sexually liberate women are awesome.
it's a reasonable standard to be had for each genders. masculinity of men is celebrated through sexual conduct. femininity of women is celebrated through their measurable protection of virginity and their sexual conduct. in this regard, there is no double standard since standards by which we judge each gender are completely different.

It would however be a double standard if we approach from a perspective that judges both sexes equally and bearing zero regard for social behaviour.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm fine with women who sleep around, but the caveat is that they are going to be viewed as good for a bang and not good for commitment. Its too high of a risk to put a ring on a girl with high partner count, its just poor min/maxing. Women do in fact look at men this way too, plenty of them have their go-to guys for compassion and different go-to bad boys for passion.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Didn't Revenge of the Nerds teach women that the best go-tos for passion are the IT geeks?