Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't listen to all this crap. There's no reason your wife should be putting you through this. You might not be perfect but she married you and shouldn't be trying to turn you and your family against each other. And you can't just let her walk all over you with the baby name and the divorce threats and the crazy shit with your family. If you blame yourself this woman will run your life for the next ten years or worse.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's what I was implying. So, it's not really your right, in other words (which you seemed to be saying when you said "My rights matter more than my wife. If she wants to keep me out of the labor room, tell me how do I compromise on that?").
There are legal rights and there are non legal rights, legally she has all the rights. Morally, traditionally and practically I have rights as well. It is not my legal right protected by the law to be in the delivery room. But as a father, i should be there.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
She's the one pushing a football through her vag she gets to call the shots on that day

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
She's the one pushing a football through her vag she gets to call the shots on that day
It is OUR football.

Be honest, Tenks. if your wife tells you not to be present, because she is mad at you. How would you take it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It may take two to make a baby but it only takes one to deliver it. If she doesn't want you to be there it is well within her rights to tell the doctors to not allow you in there. After the baby is born and you two do in fact get divorced then yes the baby should be 50/50 between the mother and father but on the birthing day you're not doing the work.

-edit to your edit-

There is a very, very big difference between being mad and considering and threatening divorce. I'd be very angry at my wife if she tried to withhold things she knew were important to me simply to get back at me. In fact at that point I'd be the one saying we're getting divorced. But it isn't within your control. You don't always get your way in life.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It is legal. The mother is a patient on a medical setting. If she says to the doctor to kick me out. The doctor wont hesitate, as the mother is the patient at that point.
I don't think I ever want kids, but if I do, I will gladly wait outside. Gladly. Show me the baby once you've hosed it off, and for god's sake, don't let me see what's happeningdown there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ok bros onto more serious discussion.. at what point in pregnancy will having sex possibly cause me to create a divot in the baby's head?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Ok bros onto more serious discussion.. at what point in pregnancy will having sex possibly cause me to create a divet in the baby's head?
None. Babies head is harder than your penis. and u are not mandingo. Plus the cervix is blocked, so unless you ram it into her cervix, which she will know and scream in pain, you are fine.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Noodle wouldn't get anywhere near the baby's head anyway.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Lendarios sounds very burgersy. "I have a right to name my kid" and other things he says are very rule-governed statements, and he doesn't seem to get social norms and rituals.

I'm guessing that if we had all the info, it'd be a fairly even score card with both of them acting poorly

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Lendarios sounds very burgersy. "I have a right to name my kid" and other things he says are very rule-governed statements, and he doesn't seem to get social norms and rituals.

I'm guessing that if we had all the info, it'd be a fairly even score card with both of them acting poorly
It is the social norm for the father to name the child. It is the norm for if she pics one name, the father selects the other. Those are societal rules and customs, not governmental rules.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think I ever want kids, but if I do, I will gladly wait outside. Gladly. Show me the baby once you've hosed it off, and for god's sake, don't let me see what's happeningdown there.
Its not as big a deal as you would think. I watched all 3 of mine. One by c-section. I even took pictures of the c-section.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
It is the social norm for the father to name the child. It is the norm for if she pics one name, the father selects the other. Those are societal rules and customs, not governmental rules.
Good to know that you are stuck in 1850. It appears you have hardly any sense of how compromising and relationships work in modern society.