Marvel Heroes 20xx

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That doesn't jive with the patch notes:

6. ODIN'S BOUNTY
Bonus loot game mode rotation where bosses drop Chests of Odin's Bounty.

Everyone has a rare chance to receive Odin's Blessing, which gives your chests special jackpot loot!
I haven't read the patch notes yet, and have no idea what exactly that means. My guess it means every time you open a bounty chest, you have a chance for an Odin's Blessing lootsplosion. Bounty chests will still only drop from whatever section of the game the Bounty event is targeting though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They added so much to this game it is so confusing at the moment. I couldn't imagine a complete newbie diving in at this point. I still have no clue wtf this Omega stuff is all about.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I haven't read the patch notes yet, and have no idea what exactly that means. My guess it means every time you open a bounty chest, you have a chance for an Odin's Blessing lootsplosion. Bounty chests will still only drop from whatever section of the game the Bounty event is targeting though.
Sounds like you get the blessing, and then the next chest that you open (or maybe it's a buff that lasts hours) has the loot explosion? Similar to how that stupid lucky buff for St Patty's worked? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Either way this is going to be the first event where I actively spend money on boosts, mainly because I want to get as many Omegas as possible and will probably do a Cosmic prestige just for the achievement down the road. On Wednesday next week we will have the 77% server side from St Patty's event + the 168% from the omega event. With 1000% exp from boosts that's 3,450% total (if my math is right).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure whatever the highest event xp is supersedes all the lower ones, so it will be 77% xp until the Omega event eclipses it, then it will be whatever the omega xp is.

Khane

They added so much to this game it is so confusing at the moment. I couldn't imagine a complete newbie diving in at this point. I still have no clue wtf this Omega stuff is all about.
I felt the same way last week, it all comes back pretty quickly though.

Omega event:

All omega points need 24% less experience to earn. On top of that there is a server side experience boost that stacks. Every day you get 24% more server side experience. Day 1 is 24%, Day 7 is 168%.

Server side experience buffs are multiplicative. Meaning if there is a 100% server side experience buff you take whatever your character sheet says you have for bonus experience (let's say 200%), and multiply that by 2 (because of the 100% server side buff)

Khane

Pretty sure whatever the highest event xp is supersedes all the lower ones, so it will be 77% xp until the Omega event eclipses it, then it will be whatever the omega xp is.
Actually I don't see the St Patty's boost listed in the patch notes now that I looked so maybe they removed it in favor of the Omega event. Either way still awesome considering they are also halving the cosmic prestige from 2500% penalty to 1250% penalty.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's standard for the cosmic event, and the omega/cosmic combo is why I'm strongly considering doing another cosmic prestige despite swearing never again when I got Jugg to 60.

Khane

Odin Blessings do not come from opening boxes, they never have. They come from killing the boss and items are spawned at that instance for the explosion.
And they only "drop" from bosses in that specific event rotation?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
And they only "drop" from bosses in that specific event rotation?
Yes; however, it is usually bugged 50% of the time and can happen on non-rotational bosses.

I've had it happen before in MM during a time Odin wasn't even the weekly event. (and it wasn't a Jackpot)

Khane

Here's to hoping it's permanently bugged and drops off terminal bosses for the entirety.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Think Paragon points except there are a billion of them and 75%~ of them are just shit. You want to invest in SpinTech (+boss damage) first, then go from there based on the character.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think Paragon points except there are a billion of them and 75%~ of them are just shit. You want to invest in SpinTech (+boss damage) first, then go from there based on the character.
Pretty sure every character in the game wants to max Warpath after SpinTech.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
holy shit the daily login bonus is serious business.

50 armor drives, 30 worldstones, 30 omega files, 10 odin marks, 10 cube shards, 10 eternity splinters, and 1 piece of rainbow (rofl)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So should I finish off leveling my Cyclopes from 50 to 60 and deck him out? He's in a good spot? I remember him being good but the only thing I did was roll around like a queermosexual and use the giant cone optic blast to kill everything.

Khane

He still rolls around like a queermosexual and he won't feel powerful while leveling from 50-60 like a lot of other heroes will because he so squishy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haha god damn, never even noticed there was a straight + fighting node.
Mutation is the newest Omega page I think, it's definitely not one of the original ones.

And yeah I'm considering taking Cyclops to Cosmic this week, but I kinda want a costume first. Probably AoA. Will be the first time I ever bought a costume directly, all my other costumes are from the costume grinder or the two times I bought hero packages.

His squishiness isn't as big a deal when leveling because stuff dies so fast, it's only in cosmics and raids where it becomes an issue. Especially if you level with a Lemuria stack.

Khane

I thought he was kinda meh during leveling, but maybe that's because I had just leveled Hulk and Venom right before him