Marvel Heroes 20xx

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Path of Exile is closer to D2 than this, at least from what I've heard. I heard it's an ok game, but not a great one for the genre, unless you have a hard on for super heroes. I haven't gotten into a beta so I don't know first hand but meh I have a hard time seeing how it could be better than PoE for my playstyle(making a lot of builds).

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
POE was bland as shit in my opinion. This game has the potentially to drop off late game, but it has been very enjoyable in the early game, Captain America and Ms Marvel are fucking badasses.
Hawkeye, as imagined is a complete fucking snorefest though. Sadly no Rocket Raccoon in :<

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, the talent trees are NOT very deep or exciting. With that said, after today I'll be playing this when it goes live, probably will buy myself a couple heroes as well. Had fun with Cap but Wolverine looks pretty fun and I HAVE to play Spiderman, I just really hope they add an aspect that relates it closer to the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, like if I'm grouped with a hulk and playing Wolvey he can pick me up and throw me at enemies. Cyclops + Jean Grey she can use her mind to split his beam etc. I think it would make it significantly more fun to play with friends and add a much needed level of depth to the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you guys want to give this a try the beta will be running tomorrow from 9:00am-5:00pm est.
go herehttp://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...-key-giveaway/make account, click get key, play.
Ah nice thanks didn't know there were keys around for this, just wish I knew earlier cause it's gonna be hard to play during these times, maybe I can play an hour and see how the game is a bit. Running time limited betas is fucking gay as shit.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I will admit I did enjoy playing this for a several hours today. I think if I didn't play with my 3 friends though I would have been much less entertained.

The skill tree is extremely bland and boring, but the characters themselves aren't bad. Similar classes(Like Deadpool/Hawkeye) have some similar skills, but can play differently. Combat is amusing, but overall fairly bland until you get several skills, which can take awhile.

I did end up fighting a few event bosses. It usually consists of spamming your attack, dodging their attack, spamming your attack, and then ressing allies who stand in the fire.

The replayability, at least for me, will probably be low. I will play a couple characters I really want to high level.

No idea about endgame, but if there isn't something more than what I've seen through the first 5 chapters, I won't be playing any of the endgame.

Overall, its fun for a free game, it isn't terrible. I might even consider paying $20 for a superhero I really want to play.

Caliane

bland talent trees makes sense.

In PoE you have a few characters with LOTS of builds.
Here you will have LOTS of characters, with a few builds.

Its like a LoL,dota, or mad god in the regards.

Having 120 champions/characters that each have 20-30 builds would be crazy.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It was definitely fun to play. I played as someone with CC/Debuffs and it was really fun running around in a group gathering up a bunch of mobs and just watching my friends destroy all of them in a few hits. It's still closed beta, so I expect the talent trees or hell even the classes to not be polished yet, some classes didn't even have sounds or proper animations in yet either. Overall I did have a whole lot of fun playing with people and am looking forward to see a bit more of this game.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Since I didnt play the beta, ist this some kind of MMO like PS2? (If its a Diablo or GW1 variant can a mod move the thread to other games? Getting my hopes up for a new City of Heroes isnt nice)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Since I didnt play the beta, ist this some kind of MMO like PS2? (If its a Diablo or GW1 variant can a mod move the thread to other games? Getting my hopes up for a new City of Heroes isnt nice)
No it's a Diablo-like.

Played the beta for 30-40mins, meh, definitely not for me. Combat is average, character progression is terrible, itemization looks fun enough(found a piece of gear with +1 skill, that's nice). Mostly I absolutely hate the fact you have to pay for characters, basically ruins the fun of this type of game for me which is leveling new chars. I guess the point is the story and the characters but I don't really care much about superheroes stuff, I don't mind it but I won't buy a game based on that. Also for some reason they don't have sound options. Don't know when they're planning to release this but that looked extremely unpolished when I can't even adjust the volume of the sound in the game. Or rebind the shift key to something else.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Played today as well - it kept my attention for a few hours, but there is still a LOT of work to do on it. I agree it feels like a very early beta, and it's largely unpolished. It was fun though, and I can certainly see the appeal. Rolled a few different guys, and it looks like this might be another case of "ranged is da best" as well, as it was easier/more fun playing a ranged hero. Anyone have a solid release date?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Played today as well - it kept my attention for a few hours, but there is still a LOT of work to do on it. I agree it feels like a very early beta, and it's largely unpolished. It was fun though, and I can certainly see the appeal. Rolled a few different guys, and it looks like this might be another case of "ranged is da best" as well, as it was easier/more fun playing a ranged hero. Anyone have a solid release date?
"When it's done."

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't feel that's true at all (the ranged is best). My friend and I leveled Cyclops and Wolverine (I was cyclops) and while yes I fucking absolutely raped shit. Wolverine was no chump on his own, we got to level 19 before we were completely blocked off from progressing because Xaviers mansion was broken. But he could easily kill things just as quick if not quicker than me. Granted Cyclops is probably the most fun hero I played in the game and will probably be playing him at release if I even decide to play it.

The majority of well known and popular heroes are available, but you can only 'buy' so many with the beta currency.
There was quite a few missing from the beta and they still have a butt load more they want to add according to the 'graph' view on their website. Some that were mising: Cable, Squirrel Girl, Rocket Racoon, Nova, Human Torch, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, and Luke Cage. Also they have 11 mystery slots waiting to be released.

Hobbez_sl

shitlord
I played this in the beta, it was miserable :S Hopefully they'll make some changes and it'll turn out to be a kick ass game.