Marvel Heroes 20xx

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know what it is, but this game is so fucking fun to me. I'm usually the biggest cynic when it comes to games that have glaring and obvious failures like zero character progression or depth, massive failure in places like lag and event bosses, meaningless quests that reward literally nothing, shit loads of bugs, and so much wasted potential.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know what it is, but this game is so fucking fun to me. I'm usually the biggest cynic when it comes to games that have glaring and obvious failures like zero character progression or depth, massive failure in places like lag and event bosses, meaningless quests that reward literally nothing, shit loads of bugs, and so much wasted potential.
im not as forgiving. Game is terrible.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Its sutekh so I want to disagree out of principle... But he's right... Its just fun despite its faults. I've been having a blast playing as Thor in the beta

I played this in the beta, it was miserable :S Hopefully they'll make some changes and it'll turn out to be a kick ass game.
What was so bad , heard it was actually fun...nice time waster and killing crap is great as well from what a friend was telling me.Heard it has its bugs and lag so my guess its way off till they address that since they havent announced a release date which is a good thing really. Just wish i get my damn key already and when i do i hope its soon as well , missed the Curse invite saw the e mail too late to play it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I knew about this game, never posted thread long ago, cause that review sums it up, and is actually be pretty fucking nice to it.

Its so bad that makes Horizon's look like the greatest mmo of all time.
that review sums up the state of the game 5 months ago. that can be a VERY significant amount of time when it comes to game development. i read the article and i wasn't entirely pleased with it. he says it himself that he JUST got into comics before he started playing. he's pissed that he picked ms. marvel and that she's dressed as... wait for it... ms marvel. he wanted her to be captain marvel. well, her captain marvel costume is in the game now... so does that change his opinion on the game?

he also talked about the poor graphics quality... i just played it... i didn't notice any poor quality... in fact, based on the review i was expecting it to look pretty bad. it's not the be-all, end-all of graphics, but it's definately not bad.

point is, a LOT of the things he talked about are from a state the game was in 5 months ago. it's not perfect and there's still some work to be done but they are not in the areas that review talked about. so no... the review did not sum it up.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The release date was just announced, June 4th. I am not looking forward to this one, and I played CoH, ChO and DCUO more than almost any of you.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Going to give it a try, but not getting my hopes up. Was hoping for a good Marvel UA Online, but sounds like this ain't it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Played this on the show floor. I went into it thinking "eh this looks like crap...but there are no lines so why not" and then I ended up playing it for a lot longer than I intended to. I dont even like Marvel comics that much... It was just fun.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Multi-use beta key for this weekend:

PLAYMH4-19

Don't know how many uses they give you, I used it twice. Have fun.

Edit: After rereading the email it looks like it's unlimited uses.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Tried this out. It's just plain fun. Once you to level 12 or so, you get some nice abilities with heroes.

Their pricing plan is a little off IMO, but other than that I may give em a few bucks.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Tried it with Storm for 15 minutes, then bought Thor and played another 10 minutes. A very forgettable experience. Environments seemed especially uninspired, as were the waves of trash to kill. Maybe a Diablo-clone doesnt mesh well with the superhero genre, because beating up 100 identical street punks before every supervillain fight sucks.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Tried it with Storm for 15 minutes, then bought Thor and played another 10 minutes. A very forgettable experience. Environments seemed especially uninspired, as were the waves of trash to kill. Maybe a Diablo-clone doesnt mesh well with the superhero genre, because beating up 100 identical street punks before every supervillain fight sucks.
Forgettable is a good way to put it, I uninstalled after about 20 minutes.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Really need to get out of the starting area guys, and pick up some good abilities.

I am considering the 200 dollar pack.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Really need to get out of the starting area guys, and pick up some good abilities.

I am considering the 200 dollar pack.
Same, then again the life time subs have never been a good idea so going to wait.

Scarlet Witch is a beast, massive AOE damage and passive debuffs etc.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is what Diablo 3 should have been.
Game is pretty damn good. You REALLY need to get out the starting area, and get a few levels to see what it has to offer. They did a bad job of not giving you the full gambit of what is in the game with the starting area. The enemies vary like any point click as you advance, more so in this game. The environments, while not fully destructible, you can bust up a TON of shit. The Hulk running jumping past you and taking out...everything, is fun to see. Thor or Storm calling down lightning strikes, that take out the windows is nice.

They did a great job on the small things. Like if I play Thor, and couple more Avengers pass each other, Captain America will say the "Avengers Assemble!" thing. And it isn't cheesy.

Even the "crappy" characters like Hawkeye and Daredevil are pretty damn fun. Yes you see a bazillion Wolverines, and Deadpools...you do see Rocket Racoon a whole bunch because he IS fun to play.

They have a very satisfying loot table, with playable character drops, and retcons, (respecs) gear etc, bringing much replay value even after you have seen the story. Crafting is meh, but you get some useful items from what I have seen.

As for getting burned on lifetime subs, it is free to play. Think League of Legends as far as the pricing model goes. Your 200 gets you all the characters and out fits as of right now. Though future content you will need to pay for from I read. That being said, they are missing the boat on a 100 dollar pricing model. Going from 60 to 200 bucks is a huge jump for people. I've gone back and forth on it a couple times with just the THOUGHT of paying 180 bucks on a video game. Knawmean?

Bad side. No different story arcs. I'm sick of clobbering time...The same old point click model problems. Range is safe, mele dies.

Some sort of an AH, even it was gear for gear would have been nice. Balance is an issue obviously with this many characters. The Thing is made to tank. Thor can tank? But you rather The Hulk.

Overall, I like thios MUCH more than D3 (Not that hard really), and any point click outside D2 to date.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Please, Diablo 3 at least was entertaining for a while even if it lacked the long-term motivation and interest that D2 had. This game didnt even stay interesting for an hour.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Please, Diablo 3 at least was entertaining for a while even if it lacked the long-term motivation and interest that D2 had. This game didnt even stay interesting for an hour.
Yeah I hear ya. So much so I snagged the 180 dollar package.