Marvel Heroes 20xx

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
This game is funnnnnnnnnn but holy shit the prices. :/ The site lacks a ton of information too. :/ Reserving judgement till I know more.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Going to give this a shot tonight and see how it is. I been playing D3 gaining Paragon levels but I'm patiently waiting for patch 1.08 and I couldn't get into PoE. If I like this game I will spend some money on a founders pack.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Okay being a comic book fan the game is fun. It was better than I expected it to be. My biggest gripe is I can see myself spending shit load of money on heroes and costumes. After this weekend beta event will they do a character wipe because I'm thinking about buying the $59.00 founder's pack.

Also is there a site that I can see all the super powers of the heroes and a build builder? I didn't see anything at the official site.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
My guess is that they will do another character wipe when they implement the endgame for testing. Even if you buy the founders pack now, you won't be getting it until the game officially launches anyway. However, getting the a premium pack gets you a closed beta key.

Now that the nda has been lifted I think sites for skill builder and super powers will surface. I have no idea why info such as powers aren't listed in the official site.

On a side note, through my time in the beta, I got quite a few heroes drop for me. I think I filled up over half the roster from just hero drops. If this rate stays the same at launch, I don't see myself spending money buying heroes.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I must have solid PvP information (if any) before I invest any time into this game. I really haven't even read much about it as some people didn't share great reviews with me. Nothing bad but nothing great.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Wait, this shit isn't even out yet and you guys are dropping $150-200 on it?
Try it. I almost want to guarantee you will like it, and drop a couple bucks on it. But some peeps in the thread really didn't like it so clearly I would be wrong.

The game feels polished, with a couple holes here in there. Like missing icons and the such. The game does start slow, but in a few hours once you have an AOE, and flight ability,. it takes off. /joke.

I would say it is NOT worth the 180 bucks for 90% of the people out there. If you are a comic lover, and can see yourself leveling multiple characters, then it's worth it. It's definitely worth 20 bucks for you to play your favorite character outside the starters.

I must have solid PvP information (if any) before I invest any time into this game. I really haven't even read much about it as some people didn't share great reviews with me. Nothing bad but nothing great.
It is a typical point click. It is nothing special outside it is in the Marvel Universe, it doesn't suck (god how low have I sunk) , and it is free. I think it is better than D3 and POE, but not as deep as POE.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
The nda has been lifted. They also made some decent character tweaks and balance the past few weekends.

As for the pvp, it is an unbalanced clusterfuck atm. There is absolutely no protection from spawn campers, so expect to be killed before you finished zoning in or respawning by overpowered characters using exploits to add extra stats to their costumes. Then again, they did state that pvp is in an alpha state atm, so I wouldn't expect it to launch like it is now.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Spent some good time this weekend in game. You can definitely sense Brevik's finesse and tooling of maps / itemization / background sound - all of these are done really well. Took down the Gorgon with a team today, really brought back the flair of Diablo 2 for me plus one additional aspect, which is the free-for-all tag team on bosses. There were about thirty of us just ass creaming this fucker until he exploded, dropped his loots, and then we each went our separate ways. The characters and story are actually great and a lot of fun to spend the time watching.

A couple of minutes later I entered this private instance where there were dead bodies everywhere. Death spawned and gave some "Now you will know why all fear me." or some such, proceeded to kick the shit out of my Hawkeye. This was cool and reminded me of the Butcher.

A few things. I wish there were more wearable slots. The skill trees are pretty basic, but that can also be a good thing I suppose.

TCB_sl

shitlord
Thanks so much for that link. I saw this and downloaded the game last night, and just got done playing for about an hour.

I didn't get deep enough to see much of the gameplay, but so far it confirms what others said about it being a Diablo clone. Nothing wrong with that, but those types of games never had much staying power for me. But hey, it's free, and a good enough game at that price, so I'll probably give it a spin when it drops.

What really surprised me were the production values, much better than I would have expected for a F2P game. Everything looked cool, and the kinetic 2d cutscenes between missions are a nice touch. I'm pretty sure I recognized Keith David's voice as Nick Fury, so they've got some voice talent in there too.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i have thoroughly enjoyed every character i've played. Even the less flashy characters like hawkeye were still fun enough to put a few levels into. but good lord, going from hawkeye to thor? LOLOLOLOL

though, that was about a month or two ago, before the last pass at character balance so hawkeye may be stronger now. like others have said, though, it's fun but the pricing seems to be inconsistant at best... you'd expect that the characters that cost more would be either more popular, or more powerful. but not so, Thor is something like 1200 points and is a BEAST while spiderman is 2000 and is just kinda... meh. i'm not sure i understand their pricing model. if they are aiming for them all to be equal, then price them equally... if they are pricing them based on the movies and their popularity... well... why is thor less than spiderman? he should be the same? and i think captain america is only 900?

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Hawkeye gets straight out op at the mid levels with the right medal/gear equipped. The heroes are completely unbalanced. Right before this weekend's test, spiderman got buffed/revamped, now he is one of the op'd ones. I already have most of the roster unlocked via drops, so I can not verify, but I heard that Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Spiderman, and all the popular ones are now 2000? They seem to have been playing around with the pricing numbers the past few weeks.

On a side note, I think this game will fail if the devs listened to the feedbacks of the mouthbreathing comic fanboys on the closed beta forum. Some of the feedback from them is downright retarded, like making certain heroes completely overpowered compared to others just because they are stronger in the comics.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hawkeye gets straight out op at the mid levels with the right medal/gear equipped. The heroes are completely unbalanced. Right before this weekend's test, spiderman got buffed/revamped, now he is one of the op'd ones. I already have most of the roster unlocked via drops, so I can not verify, but I heard that Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Spiderman, and all the popular ones are now 2000? They seem to have been playing around with the pricing numbers the past few weeks.

On a side note, I think this game will fail if the devs listened to the feedbacks of the mouthbreathing comic fanboys on the closed beta forum. Some of the feedback from them is downright retarded, like making certain heroes completely overpowered compared to others just because they are stronger in the comics.
If they added a Power rating system to the game tied to rewards or scores this could work, but that is the kind of design decision you build a game around not throw in a month before launch. Really though should Thor ever lose to Hawkeye? Some heroes and villains are more powerful then others. This game mulches them all up together.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Uh, I kinda like this game. Gave it a go a few months back (been in beta for months, but haven't bothered to play) - and was kinda bored after 30 minutes. Old lady was out of town this weekend and was playing for a few hours - echo the sentiment that it opens up A TON after the initial noob area. Much more fun and engaging. Still wish the builds were more fleshed out, but not a game breaker if you take this game for what it is.